New banning process

_Pingu_

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycd5ZvcaVE

:( i was banned for a month by rayray then sgt tailer bans me for 3 months for the same offence that rayray has already punished me for. :(

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR "intentional blocking" after all he could have just gone round so who am i blocking ???

Yes, because it's complying with the new system. It clearly states that 4th ban = 1 month, 5th ban = 3 month, 6th ban = perm. These can't be appealed unless proven innocent, in which case it's ignored in the history.

We should also return back to the topic now. :)

^ Again if he had the right of way then he's not blocking. If we want to ban for blocking then both players would have needed to be banned then and not just one. But the mods can't seem to dish out punishments correctly so *shrugs*.  It clearly doesn't show that he's on the wrong side of the road though. We don't see any markings nearby that show he's going the wrong way. All I see proof of is two drivers not being able to come to an understanding and one of them letting the other through first. 

^

^ the ban for speed hacking was from the old system which means it does not count and also the statement above was not a mistake by 2 admins so i'm being punished for 4 months because i thought i had the right of way HOW UNFAIR IS THAT :(:(

after my 1 month ban i'm getting a 3 MONTH ban OMG because of my history THAT'S NOT FAIR after all it was not intentional blocking i thought i had the right of way :(:(:(

Edited by The Leeds Lad
Merged 2 posts. Next time use edit.

signbot (1).gif

I do drive quite a lot in real life.

Been involved in the grand total of two accidents in my 20+ years of driving.

One was a five car pileup, caused by the driver behind me failing to stop, when the rest of the traffic did.

Second one way my fault, for thinking my car wasn't so wide, thus scraping the side on a fence....

And I've managed that because I drive defensive (and have ems training ), and anticipate that the other drivers out there don't care too much about others.... (not saying that they don't care, just that I anticipate that they don't, and not being a mind reader, I have to expect that they do recless things in the traffic).

Though, this is getting quite out of hand....

I might sound like a broken record to you, as you do to me, and, as I stated earlier, I highly doubt we'll agree on this subject.

But, I would appreciate if you edit out your insult from your post

And, being that Im both a dyslexic, and not a native english speeker, I'd say I do quite well :P

Back on topicish :

If the system is so flawed, and you lot (well, some of you at least) don't trust the admin team, why haven't you made your own mod?

Just asking...

Though, I do agree that sometimes the admins do wrong, I've seen afew of those situations, and they also aren't too afraid to say so either, in my experience.

This got rather rambeling, so to end it ;)

How many chanses do you think one should get?

• Upvote 1

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

I don't think they should be wiped at new year. Though, if it's right as said some posts earlier, that bans over a year old isn't counted, I say there should be plenty of chances. And if you're getting close to your 6th, might I suggest a break from mp, til at least a couple of bans jve passed a year?

Though, that only apply if the for mentioned information are correct.

This should not be understood as if I approve of having a lengthy ban history though

I do drive quite a lot in real life.

Been involved in the grand total of two accidents in my 20+ years of driving.

One was a five car pileup, caused by the driver behind me failing to stop, when the rest of the traffic did.

Second one way my fault, for thinking my car wasn't so wide, thus scraping the side on a fence....

And I've managed that because I drive defensive (and have ems training ), and anticipate that the other drivers out there don't care too much about others.... (not saying that they don't care, just that I anticipate that they don't, and not being a mind reader, I have to expect that they do recless things in the traffic).

Though, this is getting quite out of hand....

I might sound like a broken record to you, as you do to me, and, as I stated earlier, I highly doubt we'll agree on this subject.

But, I would appreciate if you edit out your insult from your post

And, being that Im both a dyslexic, and not a native english speeker, I'd say I do quite well :P

Back on topicish :

If the system is so flawed, and you lot (well, some of you at least) don't trust the admin team, why haven't you made your own mod?

Just asking...

Though, I do agree that sometimes the admins do wrong, I've seen afew of those situations, and they also aren't too afraid to say so either, in my experience.

This got rather rambeling, so to end it ;)

How many chanses do you think one should get?

The truth is not an insult, your line of thinking is very narrow minded and not open to ideas, since you think anyone is a reckless driver if they drive into a ditch regardless of the situation. I've been involved in 0 accidents in my 12 years of driving and 0 tickets as well. EMS training? As in like an EMT? That training doesn't get you ready for driving and the hazards that come with it. A lot of driving comes down to your skill as a driver to see the obstacles ahead of you and react to them accordingly. You have to be able to judge and make split second decisions about wither or not to speed up, brake, or turn  to avoid accidents and other things that may come your way on the road. I've avoided many accidents from reacting correctly and seeing how the other drivers around me are acting, I didn't take a class for this. That kind of skill is picked up on your own and not everyone can do it. 

Your response "why not make your own mod" is so arrogant it's not even funny. There are many reason's why some people probably don't try and make their own mod, I can think of a few that if said won't be taken fondly here. 

It seems the admins are afraid to say they messed up or that a ban was incorrect. Puncake's ban is still being upheld even though there is a lack of evidence now since the video is gone, and now it's being based solely on history alone. This is incorrect and if there is no evidence to show that he should stayed banned then it should be over turned and he should be unbanned. But this is not the case since the powers to be are narrow-minded as well. Oh and also he's being unfairly targeted and harassed by players to get him perma banned. So it shows a lot of about the community. 

I think people should be given plenty of chances, seeing as how the mods lack proper training, they lack proper judgement skills, there is a lack of proper punishment procedure, the rules are very ambiguous and open to interruption. 

• Upvote 2

I've been an ambulance driver, if that answers it.

If you're driving too close to the vehicle in front of you, so you have to ditch, you are driving reclessly, yes. How's that narrow minded?

If you ditch to avoid a head on, that's not.

Every situation is different, that's why the rules aren't cast iron, but flexible.

In a similar tread like this, clarkinator said that appeals needs to be submitted within a week, or the evidence might be discarded, to save space on admins systems.

There he also explains about how admins can be removed by a use / false banns. (and I've been here long enough to have seen that happens)

And, how do you get targeted by the community?

And, if you are, I'd suggest you record all your driving, and keep it for later...

And, isn't 6 plenty?

And, just can't help it, but I do love it when someone makes remarks about other peoples writing, and don't manage to do so them self...

Or did you really mean to write that the rules are open to interruption ? :P

^ So then you have no real driving skill then in avoiding stuff? Being an Ambulance driver doesn't mean your a good driver or know what to do. 

You don't only go into a ditch to avoid a head on but to avoid anything really that might bring you harm or you try to drive around the situation. You have to pick the outcome that is the safest for you and others. That can be said about trying to avoid anything. Now you've at least stated a type of driving you would find reckless, bravo we've made an advancement in your train of thought. There are situations that also happen that are out of your control and it doesn't matter how far back you are from the driver in front of you. 

Umm the rules are anything but flexible unless you haven't gone over the past bans which i doubt you have based off your argument of the rules. Also he's ban appeal was submitted a day after he was banned sooooo that makes your point moot. 

If you need to ask how you get targeted by players in a community then I can't help you there. Why should players be forced to record all of their gameplay for fear of the gestapo(players/admins) trying to incriminate them by any means that they can? 

No 6 isn't under the current ban, rule and punishment structure as shown by many people's past bans. Also under the current crop of admins as well since some of them seem to not understand context, and can judge situations clearly. 

So many of my points that I was going to raise have already been raised by others in that we had it so that it was 10 bans until permanent but it was altered after we saw that it was having no serious impact on the amount of trolls and offending users on our roads. We can tell if you've read the rules now and yet people are constantly breaking them. Even common sense ones such as wrong way offenses.

Now, all users have a right to appeal a ban and if the ban appeal and how it was handled, doesn't seem fair, you can send it to me in a private message for review by sending me a link to your ban appeal.

• Upvote 2

^ Can you really say moving down to 6 bans for perma has shown a down tick in bans in regards to when it was 10 bans before a perma? If not then what's the next step cut that number down to 3 and hope for better results? Clearly the steps taken by management haven't worked and have led to having a growing discontent from the player base and to also players being targeted by other members in the community to get them banned and get rid of them. 

Puncake is still banned for something that was very questionable and the ban appeal process doesn't seem to have done anything in that regard even with a lack of proof anymore. I saw the video before it was taken down and the fact he got banned for that is laughable. 

^^ Well, you also thought that the ban issued to danielcross2 was questionable and other players and I myself think that it was deserved. It doesn't matter if a one lane road doesn't have any markings, in fact, it doesn't need them. People should keep driving on the right side of the road. Two trucks find themselves facing each other, the solution is that both should swerve to their right to leave space. The reporting player had a wall to his right, danielcross2 had open space, he should have driven onto the dirt or even the grass instead of staying there. So he was blocking the road. Maybe your idea of questionable or laughable bans is not as common as you think.

^That situation would depend on who has the right away on that road. If the way dainelcross2 was driving was in-fact the correct way then he had the right away and the other person was driving down the wrong way(which is against the rules). But we don't know that from the video do we? Which is my big problem there is no due diligence to see everything through. There is a lack of judgement that takes place. There are plenty of one way roads that the GPS will send drivers down the wrong way all the time. I've had it happen to me and the other driver wasn't slowing down or moving over so I moved onto the side and it wasn't dirt it was bumpy grass so I ended up taking some damage to my trailer. But I didn't report the guy, since he probably didn't know about the road being a one way road. I had the right away in that situation. 

^^ If that were a single lane, one way road, we could argue about who was going wrong way... But it's not, it's clearly the Oxnard's one, heading towards Chems (from the video recording driver's point of view). That road is one lane - two ways, so no one has right of way, drivers on that road have to go very carefully and try to give way whenever possible. The only time I drove on that road, I was going the same way as danielcross2 and my truck was most of the time on the dirt, leaving all the tarmac for people coming the other way (my truck, all other trucks in front of mine and all I could see behind). And in the video, someone may doubt if that was really Oxnard, but in the report that goes to the admins, you must specify where the action took place, so they have a clearer idea.

^ I think it's fair to say that it could be argued that both were giving way to each other in the video given. In which case, I'd just take advantage and move on. But, if I'd moved on and he was still at a standstill, then it could be argued that he was blocking the road.

Obviously as Clark said further up, ALL users have a right to appeal a decision, and are able to contact him directly if it wasn't handled correctly. However it sounds like Dan's not bothered with an appeal, and instead come over to the forums to moan about his ban. He should also know that the new system CLEARLY says that the 4th ban is 1 month, 5th ban is 3 months, and 6th is perm. He's obviously gotten to his 4th ban, which can only say how he drives in game.

So to finish this "discussion", Dan can appeal if he wants if he was giving way. If he doesn't like the way it was handled, send it on to Clark. Don't come on to the forums and spark a big argument on whether he deserves a ban or not.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.