Fastest Truck In ATS?

Save

AFAIK all of them struggle to go over 130kph and their acceleration is a joke (which is kinda sad, cuz unlike the EU ones, th US trucks have some aerodynamics and a lot of gearbox choices)

Damn, that's a shame :( right now I have the peterbilt  579 hi rise sleeper so I'm assuming that's the best truck you can get right now?

Damn, that's a shame :( right now I have the peterbilt  579 hi rise sleeper so I'm assuming that's the best truck you can get right now?

I'd say so, yes. It can have the exact same top specs as the Kenworth but it is cheaper. Also prettier, the dashboard has a digital speedometer (the Kenworth doesn't) along with the cruise control display as well as the regular analog speedometer. The only thing I don't like about this particular Peterbuilt is the lack of windows in the sleeper cab. Other than that, overall, I'd say the Peterbuilt is the best choice. Especially on a short budget.

I just bought my first truck, today. I'm happy with it. :D She's a beauty!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618044505

0000000000185A34.jpg

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I wonder if SCS forgot to apply american aero profiles to the trucks

the engines have much less torque than the european ones and the rigs are far heavier... its just not a miracle that they have a harder time to reach their speeds... btw, with an empty rig, biggest engine and 13 speed i reached 95mph, which is way above 150kmh

the real problem though... people are spoiled by the Volvo and Scania top engines and transmissions... those are way too overpowered for "normal" 40t trains... a better comparison would be the Benz and MAN...

>>>Oh Lord, won´t cha buy me, a Mercedes Benz...my friends all drive Scanias, i must make amends...<<

the engines have much less torque than the european ones and the rigs are far heavier... its just not a miracle that they have a harder time to reach their speeds... btw, with an empty rig, biggest engine and 13 speed i reached 95mph, which is way above 150kmh

the real problem though... people are spoiled by the Volvo and Scania top engines and transmissions... those are way too overpowered for "normal" 40t trains... a better comparison would be the Benz and MAN...

Thing is, these kids are stepping down from their 750HP Volvos and 730HP Scanias in ETS2 and expecting ATS to be the exact same. And don't even get me started on the length of the trucks and trailers themselves. Kids can barely corner and maneuver their trucks in ETS2 and simply seem to "forget" that the trucks in North America (thus, ATS) are way bigger and longer. Those things do not corner like the small European trucks. Not on the slightest.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

• 2 weeks later...

Archived