Steam or ETS2MP Name

[ST] Hellser

Suggestion Name: Steam or ETS2MP Name
Suggestion Description: Have an option in game to switch from your current Steam username or your ETS2 nickname.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It'll help those who are in VTCs to use Steam without their VTC tag clogging up their friends list (especially if the name gets long, like [Awesome Transportation] BillyBobThorton). Having an option to use the ETS2MP nickname from the front page of ETS2MP would make things simply easier.

Edit: To clarify.. there should be a tick box in-game that requires the user to login again saying "Use ETS2MP Nick" or something similar. Which would switch from using Steam's username to using the one from ETS2MP's account page. Of course, SteamID and what not will still be the same - just using a different name.

• Upvote 2

signature.png

+1 for concept, +0 for implementation. I like the idea where you can use your ETS2MP forum name and use it in-game instead of your Steam name, but the code involved with the suggestion looks quite complicated but if the developers can find a way to build this particular kind of system, it would be a very creative and very variable system because for most, our ETS2MP names are different from our Steam names. Like this suggestion, but needs a lot of heads-up to implement. 

• Upvote 1

Even a 'To be added' would be nice, could be a feature for when the mod leaves its Alpha/Beta stage. The game already is capable of getting information from ETS2MP website (/pinfo). It gives the player the ETS2MP ID of either yourself or another player. If this switch is enabled, it can skip the Steam name-get process and go for the website name-get process. I'm sure an API would be needed, but it's not that hard to implement, atleast I wouldn't think. Need a developer to comment on this.

signature.png

I definitely agree, this would help with VTC tags etc... A helpful suggestion, that could go further. +1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

• 2 weeks later...

I support this idea :-) It's a good solution for players who are switching names when playing other games.

Also a good system for checking profiles and name history.

• Upvote 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.