New rules Rotterdam/Europoort

Hollandisch

Suggestion Name:  New Rules Rotterdam/Europoort

Suggestion Description: Like me a lot of others have been cursing and hating about the all the traffic in Rotterdam and Europoor behind the wheel..

Just like me a few minutes ago i was there and it seem to be impossible to keep undamaged there.

So my suggestion is to make that whole area a no idle area so players can go there unload/load repair and buy a mercedes (if they want to) and then get going and not standing idle there, It would make the the traffic going smoother and it would not be a lagg circuss then because it is really a polular hangout spot with no reason. So if a player would idle there for like a minute of 5 he would get kicked etc.

Any example images: Will add them if asked

Why should it be added?: To keep Europoort flowing and to keep Rotterdam flowing

2ltoxg6.jpg

Against the speed limiter? Use the IMG as signature! http://i59.tinypic.com/2ltoxg6.jpg Let people drive fast if they they want on ETS2MP's most populated server!

Possibly could work. Many of the things you have suggested are already in the game. Unsure

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

new rules, but covering the "old rules"

Inappropriate Parking - Kick / Ban
Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason such as Rotterdam Port or anything similar, using the designated car parks is fine (This is fine when there is low traffic in the area).

Useless traffic at EP/Rotterdam - Kick / Ban

Useless traffic at Europoort or Rotterdam. Driving without reason to and from or anything similar.

Other Notes

Administrators reserve the right to kick or ban you from the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer servers at any point if they deem your behaviour unsafe to yourself or other network users.

These two rules and a side note already cover what you want the rules to do, and there already is an AFK timer to auto kick. The suggested new rule would not be followed as most of the players (especially the newer ones from the steam sale) dont even touch the forums, let alone read the rules

An8mXaY.png

The main reason why I go trough ep is for the traffic......

Why would you want that gone?

There are plenty of other ways to get across the channel than trough ep, use the route planner, and bypass ep

• Upvote 3

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Yes, EP is quite realistic, with the traffic that's there on a regular basis. I think this also attracts players, for the element of realism in the game. Still, EP is not a place just to troll, or to get stuck in traffic, its a port, which u use to get from one county to another, and with this suggestion, that wont change. Traffic will change, because there will be no collisions, so you can drive straight through. Again, I'm a little unsure on this suggestion, as to whether it would work in MP.

Regards :)

• Upvote 1

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

I'm quite sure the collisions won't be gone with this suggestion.....

And you really don't need to go trough ep at all, so I really do not see the point in this.

And, as stated above, most of this is already covers by the rules (that almost no one reads by the looks of things.....) ;)

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

Well it is not just the collisions, But for people with a lot less powerfull pc (like mine) it is almost imposible to have the game running steady with that amount of players on one point.

What in my opinion is causing the collisions. Don't get me wrong but EP can be busy indeed but so can Calais be and even the Scandinavian ports. But a lot of players are not even going to Rotterdam because of this problem.

If you actually take a look on ets2map.com you see a very dense populated Rotterdam and on other parts of the map it is quite calm.

So how about that traffic gets moving to actually populate a lot more of the empty map space what would balance the unnecessary amount of traffic in Rotterdam and atract players who are actually there to pick up or drop off a load etc.

2ltoxg6.jpg

Against the speed limiter? Use the IMG as signature! http://i59.tinypic.com/2ltoxg6.jpg Let people drive fast if they they want on ETS2MP's most populated server!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

^^ I always play as if there were no admins ingame. Meaning that if something bad happens, I'll record it on video to file a report offline. Maybe report online too, and if I see that the offender has been kicked/banned, then I won't report offline, but... In all the time I've been playing MP, I think only 2-3 times my ingame reports were attended. Offline reports, almost all of them led to the culprit being banned.

OT: As it's been said, the rules right now cover the issue, hardening those rules to shorten the AFK time would lead to a worse gaming experience for most and affect innocent players, so... -1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR

• 3 months later...

it might be that an admin cant be 24/7 at Rotterdam/Europoort, because they are busy with other reports as well! But i think they will be (the most of the time) at Europoort/Rotterdam because this amount of traffic causes traffic jam and accidents! :Dso be patient and wait till an admin comes (for sure min. 1 admin will come if they find time to look whats going on there)! :P  

• 1 year later...

Since Rotterdam and the respective port are not very busy anymore, there is no need for such an implementation. People would get rather annoyed anyway if they could not stop. How are they even supposed to pick up their deliveries?

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.