Punishment for passage a red light.

Folriden

Suggestion Name: Punishment for passage a red light.
Suggestion Description: Man that passed a red light gets the ban.
Why should it be added: ETS2MP Team calls users to follow the European traffic rules. Nobody, being in right mind, will not pass a red light in the real life, because knows that can be punished. What we see in MP? Administrators don't punish people for passage a red light if they prevented nobody. Understanding the impunity people don't follow this rule in general. Plenty of accidents takes place exactly from it. I will repeat: if nobody will pass a red light, incidents will not be in general. 

• Upvote 2

Hello fallen 

I understand your suggestion and also the issue that comes with it , however is hard for us to control it.

We cannot look into the history unfortunately,  so if we receive report of running red light this is already happend ,and if the reported player doesn't do it any more we can't take action.

For now running an red light is allowed unless they cause an accident , and yeah thats even hard to , unless the admins will have something to watch back some precious minuts to see what happen i don't think this will be accepted and if it do which is fine by me in this current state will not be an option.

The only solution is to take a video of the running red light with an accident involved and report these, i'm sure they will be dealt with,

Thank you for reading and have a nice day

The only solution is to take a video of the running red light with an accident involved and report these, i'm sure they will be dealt with

I understood you, but you suggest to take apart video with an accident. I talk that it is necessary to punish all passing a red light. As soon as you will begin to do it, far less accidents will become. 

Thank you for the answer.

• Upvote 1

As said by the admins themselves, you can cross a red light but if you cause the collision, then your the one who would get the punishment

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

My suggestion: Use the search function before posting a suggestion topic. I searched for "red light" in the suggestions section and found the following topics:

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/14497-kick-tricolor-red-lights/?hl=red+light

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/6656-kicking-whilst-passing-a-red-light-dont/?hl=red+light

Since this has already been suggested, I request this topic to be locked and trashed.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

You write about punnishment. These topics also go about a punnishment when passing a red light.

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/6656-kicking-whilst-passing-a-red-light-dont/?hl=red+light

This one already got accepted. So I don't know why there's reason to make another suggestion topic for punishment when passing a red light when one has already been accepted.

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

well, tbh i have seen some people being banned for red light crossing...so some admins indeed do that IF they see it...

but yea,it often happens that you break a bit too late and get over the line with only your front bumper...the game punishes that, even if the wheels are still before the line, which technically isn´t a violation at all...

so if there was a system implemented, that should have some tolerance added

>>>Oh Lord, won´t cha buy me, a Mercedes Benz...my friends all drive Scanias, i must make amends...<<

^same here, life's too short to wait when there's absolutely no one around.

I dont agree with the banning for passing a red light, it only becomes a bannable or kickable offence is when somebody actually causes a accident with another truck while going through a red light. but if he doesent its not a problem.

Is it really difficult to follow rules fully? I understand so: rules exist in to follow them. We follow rules or doesn't follow them. You suggest to follow them partly. It's wrong.

You can follow the rules and I'll yield to red lights when there is no one around, this is a game and I won't sit there waiting for nothing for the sake of realism. I like driving alone and with others, not sit there waiting for I don't know what. 

Should admin also kick/ban for texting and driving, drinking and driving, not wearing your seat belt :) ! ! 

Better to just use common sense, this always works.

• Upvote 1

although it would be nice to see red light jumping be punished its such a rarety that anything bad comes from it that its best just to ignore it happen, ive only ran reds when ive been hauling 24t downhill and didn't have enough stopping distance so checked traffic and gunned it to avoid blocking, sure its annoying that people pass the reds but it happens IRL too sometimes, things like people reversing the wrong way down a motorway with no trailer and no hazard lights should be punishable more than minor red light jumping (unless it causes accidents more and more often than not).

• 4 months later...
Today in the same jouney I would be "rekt" by 2 dudes who doesn't know what a red light means. The troll numbers are increasing and some days they can ruin the experience.

The worst was in a section of road works, where only one lane is usable. It had that small traffic light and a guy was slowing down at the other end (it was turning red for him). Then, it turned green for me and I moved on. By the time I started moving, he started too, making me go to the dirt to avoid the collision. I know this is a game, but if people can get banned to drive like 10 seconds in the wrong lane by mistake after leaving the UK with no truck in front of him until he found a section to move to the correct lane, I think this type of offenses should result in a bigger penalty too.

I don't know if it's possible to do, but it should be a good thing to be implemented.

+1 for me.

(Sorry if my english is not clear enough. Tried my best.)

76561198110250090.png

^^^ The problem is that those red lights (the ones at the roadworks) are not synchronized. Meaning that you can see a green light and the player coming on the other side is seeing a green light too. Same happens with the railways crossings, you can be stopped at a red light and see someone on the other side just go through the barriers and the train, because in his game there are no barriers or trains.

About the suggestion, as it has already been said, we have to be a little permissive about RL road rules. If admins start punishing players for running a red light, they should also punish people for overtaking over solid white lines on the road, for going 70 Km/h on a road with 60 Km/h limit, for texting while driving, etc.

^^^ The problem is that those red lights (the ones at the roadworks) are not synchronized. Meaning that you can see a green light and the player coming on the other side is seeing a green light too. Same happens with the railways crossings, you can be stopped at a red light and see someone on the other side just go through the barriers and the train, because in his game there are no barriers or trains.

Oh. They're not? That explains a lot. In that case, I'm sure that will be taken care of in the future.

Thank you for "correcting me" with your answer.

76561198110250090.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.