Hello dear Truckers and Staffs of TMP,

In all my years (and there are a hell of a lot of them that I've already spent in TMP) I've seen a lot of people who haven't learned from their spells and continue to drive just as badly as before. According to the motto: "Well now I'm unbanned again, now I can carry on like this, what should happen except another weekly break". And it is precisely because of such attitudes from some players who misunderstand the seriousness of the simulation that we should take much tougher action. I'm not talking about extending the ban period in general, but simply putting a stop to the user and sending him to the online simulation forever for his serious offenses. Many of you know the infamous situation on the route from Duisburg to Calais, and know about the dangers that lurk there on the route - players who think they have to turn a simulation into a racing game, recklessly overtaking oncoming traffic, possibly endangering others and simply ignore it. This must be the end of it! For all these years I've had enough of seeing sensible truckers being put in danger by other reckless drivers! That's why I don't want to beat around the bush any further and get to the point. Set a maximum upper limit of 20 bans at most, after which a stop must be put in place if such drivers simply cannot make a clear decision from their punishments and believe that by re-acting they are muddying the waters of TMP's moderation work! Because if they took this seriously, they would behave differently, which they have not done so far. Ergo: pull the ripcord and or take a kind of online driver license test. Because things absolutely cannot go on like this. I understand that drivers from other countries are used to different situations, but that doesn't give them the right to bring that into the game and drive exactly the same as wherever they come from. I can only speak for Germany, but our country has significantly more decency in traffic than in certain other countries. I can of course understand why TMP would reject this proposal, as they would lose money by losing players. But is it really worth it? So I would rather have an online experience with perhaps fewer players, but with serious players who take the simulation seriously. And I think I also speak for the well-being of the TMP moderators who sacrifice their valuable time every day for our gaming experience, because God knows they have better things to do than explaining to such players every day what they have done wrong, despite that all those who confirmed TMP regulations at the start of the game. Therefore, at this point I would like to express my appreciation for your valuable time and work that you sacrifice every day for our gaming experience. @TMP-Management think about it calmly. So where do you put your priority? For the benefit of a better gaming experience, or is money really more important to you due to the constantly increasing number of players? I would appreciate it if you would pay some attention to the suggestion. (I understand the aspect that the servers obviously have to be paid for and are not run by air and love.) I would therefore like to thank you in advance for at least considering this for the benefit of everyone. Not only to relieve the burden of moderation, but also to promote a better gaming experience for the players. I would therefore like to thank you for your valuable time reading.

Sincerely,

Optimus Prime. o7

The irony in this is laughable. You don't like rule breakers, but drive on the road notorious for them; how does that work? I find it hard to take someone seriously when they argue about rule breakers yet they go to somewhere for the very purpose of seeing rule breakers. 

People breaking the rules is a factor of life, not everyone will follow the rules. If you don't want to see people breaking the rules, or don't want to be impacted, there's the entire rest of the map for you to explore. If you confine yourself to one area, I'm sorry, but you need to take what comes.

I agree that people shouldn't break our rules, but I also don't understand the mindset of someone who argues about them, yet still insists on driving on a road where they hang out the most; thus purposely exposing themself to them.  

I also think it's quite hypercritical that you're complaining about rule breakers, when you, yourself, have an active ban.  

Anyway, Game Moderation Management issue bans in accordance with 2.9, these bans are meant to permanently prevent repeated offenders from offending again. That said, I wouldn't say no to seeing the permanent ban for 5th active bans being reinstated, but I doubt this will ever happen as the community is to reliant on rule breakers. However, a driving test wouldn't work, and has been shut down on numerous occasions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

Obviously, this is a driving simulation game and you can't possibly master the specialized skills as you can with flight simulation. As for getting your license, you have to consider whether certain people will respond to the test by cheating. They often don't care about banning accounts as well as IPs, one day? Three days? A week? Only people who actually have the self-control to follow the rules can do that. Bans are not a given, and I'm sure the Truck Driver Management Program has taken that into consideration, otherwise they would have already taken action and given appropriate penalties through this rule: https://truckersmp.com/rules#2-game-only-rules 2.9 of this rule.

Stay safe!

The driver exam is not a solution, those who want to troll can pass the exam by following the rules in the exam and then continue to troll in the game, I think that after receiving 6 bans, an ip ban should be made and the player should not be able to create an account again, and troll drivers can be prevented.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

out of 10 people, half of them will not respect the rules, regardeless of what it is, rules breakers are always been a part of TMP, even with making rules stronger, making bans lenght longer, it will always be the same because people dont think at the ban or the rules, they only think its a game and in like any other games they think they can do whatever they want and just dont care, if TMP makes the game more difficult with driving license and all that stuff, TMP will loose a lot of players (as you said) so of course economically isnt worthed for TMP, if you had enough of this as you said you can always stay away from C-D and be happy somewhere else on the map 🙂

1 minute ago, -TurboStar- said:

out of 10 people, half of them will not respect the rules, regardeless of what it is, rules breakers are always been a part of TMP, even with making rules stronger, making bans lenght longer, it will always be the same because people dont think at the ban or the rules, they only think its a game and in like any other games they just dont care, if TMP makes the game more difficult with driving license and all that stuff, TMP will loose a lot of players (as you said) so of course economically isnt worthed for TMP, if you had enough of this as you said you can always stay away from C-D and be happy somewhere else on the map 🙂

So, why not remove the Rules then?  No Rule Breaking, No Bans, Problem solved! 😉

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Don't go on that road then, if you hate them from the bottom of your heart then the worst thing you can do is go drive on that specific road. I go there to have a bit of a laugh and fun times, not get pissed off 24/7 and smash my keyboard getting cut off by random people. If you need realism then move away from that area, clearly it is notorious for rule breaking even though I do not condone it.

There's no encouragement to drive well. TMP doesn't create enviroment in which good driving is rewarded and encouraged. It's a problem of too harsh punishments (first ban being 7 days, really?), and I feel disheartened because I let my guard down for one moment and got severly punished, when every other time I never driven above 80km/h, I was never overtaking, and I always gave way to other players who where much faster than me, and all of that for what? 7 day ban because I've made a mistake of not yielding and accidentally made a dude crash into me. How can I prove this? I don't know, because no system is in place that could speak for me, other than recording terabytes of data of how I drive, just to show staff that I'm not a troll and I've made a honest, albeit stupid mistake.

TMP is all about punishment, never about rewarding proper driving. It's all negativity, without any shred of positivity. A system where player is rewarded for driving well and approperiatly punished when they break rules (warnings, deduction of points, etc) would work wonders to encourage people to drive better, yet any accident, even if you give perfectly reasonable explanation is punished tenfold and cracked down as if you were ramming people off the road on purpose.

Punishments are not the way. Encouragement is. The problem is that punishing people is easier, WAY easier than actually encouraging good behaviours and creating enviroments that foster these behaviours.

I dont see this happening and I strongly believe it never will. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet but the amount of players who would simply stop playing TMP would surely have an effect on Patreon Donations? 

Then again, I guess the majority of patreons would love this and play the server regardless.

I dont see this happening and I strongly believe it never will. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet but the amount of players who would simply stop playing TMP would surely have an effect on Patreon Donations? 

Then again, I guess the majority of patreons would love this and play the server regardless.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:17 PM, O P T I M U S_P R I M E said:

Set a maximum upper limit of 20 bans at most

should be "20 driving related bans" instead cuz there are other causes like save editing and stuff like that, so i'd like to exclude those and only considering that collision(2.2 i think?), 2.4, and 2.5 since for 2.3 blocking one it really depends 

plus those cursing and spamming stuff should be excluded from that 20 counts as well since ppl curse when they see some idiots on the road irl anyways

so as long as they are responsible to themselves and others, they are good imo 🙂