Do you think TruckersMP online players are on the decline?

Guest Mason16

Guest Mason16

Hello, everyone,
Recently, I found a problem that the usually busy C-D road players are gradually decreasing. I started to play TruckersMP around 2019 (in the middle, I deleted my account once). Since 2019, I think the online players of TruckersMP have been decreasing year by year

image.png?ex=662b3338&is=6629e1b8&hm=e65

This has been the tracked Sim 1 player population for the last 10 years. It's been a rollercoaster. But the population remains steady.

• If you play during busy hours, you'll get 2k-3.5k. Most around CD Road.
  • If you play 12 hours later, you'll be in the "ghost hours". Roughly 300-500 on.

There's also a variety of contributing factors that can sway the coaster. Wanting a change of pace. Wanting the arcade factor removed from a simulation server. Ban lengths. Life/Education/Employment changes. Unforeseen events (death, hospital, computer issues, ect).

With the new Duisburg about to be out of beta, that's going to have an impact if the community doesn't like it.

That chart above has zero information value, because servers were changed and swapped several times, different severs hosted highest population in different times.

You have to look at total population to get in the picture, you can also see that total population in the past often does not match the sum of individual servers, simply because there are servers misssing in that chart (only current servers are shown).

I believe that the overall playerbase of TruckersMP is declining because of multiple reasons. The servers are becoming more and more unstable with terrible optimization, Player base is falling because of the constant changes to rules and updates, Player base is falling because of SCS Convoy mode where players can create a lobby with or without mods and also have AI traffic, Player base is falling because the lack of teamwork seen by the moderation team and over all the player base is falling because people are just sick and tired of driving around with no one in sight for periods of time. 

• Confused 1
  • True Story 2

Hello @Mason16,
How are you?

Well, I have to agree with you.

I joined in 2018 and I remember vividly that I had to wait to enter any server and when I did, there was always a queue.

Today, for various reasons, I think that's getting a bit lost. 
I can see more of this loss of players that TruckersMP has had at night, because in the past, even at night, the servers were full, now, sometimes, there aren't even 500 players.

NOTE: I'm only talking about Simulation 1 as an example, as it was always the busiest server.

I hope that the entire TruckersMP team doesn't take this the wrong way and doesn't see this response as a provocation, but rather as a hug and an impetus for all of US, including the players, to continue to contribute more and more to the TruckersMP of yesteryear and for the future too, of course.

Good KMs. ❤️

tmp-bio.webp

Sometimes there may be a decrease in the number of players, this is very normal during holidays or school times, but if you pay attention after each update or after a new truck that will join the game, a significant increase in the number of players is observed.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Have a look here https://stats.truckersmp.com/

Check the bottom graph and you will see that since the end of COVID, there has been no decline in number of online players (overall AND on Simulation 1). That doesn't mean the number of players on C-D didn't decline. But if that's the case, looks like people are playing on other roads.

Personally I would looooove to see even less people on C-D and more everywhere else. But for now I just out of the map and playing solo with AI traffic 😜