Question about the rule for crossing an intersection

Hi! After the situation presented in the video, I had a question - what is the right thing to do in terms of traffic rules in this case?

This intersection looks very dangerous, I would like to understand who should have given way. The question may seem obvious to some, but I really don’t fully understand how to turn here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sho Doing said:

Hi! After the situation presented in the video, I had a question - what is the right thing to do in terms of traffic rules in this case?

This intersection looks very dangerous, I would like to understand who should have given way. The question may seem obvious to some, but I really don’t fully understand how to turn here.

Answer is you was on right side of the road and oncoming traffic trying turn your side its the first you need to pass then he will slow down and after you passed he turned left.

(But there's unpatience drivers messed up everything goes bad for you) 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sho Doing said:

Always prepare yourself that you will encounter some drivers "in a hurry but clearly they are not" to overtake some slower traffic without checking if there is any oncoming traffic approaching. You can be seen a little bit panicking due to fewer experience I can understand that. But what you can do is to slow down your vehicle, calm yourself down and focus on where the overtaker is trying to go, and hope for the best. In this case, the overtaker shouldn't have overtake there (mainly because they aren't even aware of you). The oncoming traffic (the being overtaken one) is trying to turn left, which doesn't give them any priorities and they had to slow down (that's the root cause of why the user went for the overtake). You wanted to go straight and you are on the main road, so that gives you the HIGHEST priority out of all 3 players.

• Like 2

After watching the video, if you have that player's TMP ID, you can report them for Reckless Driving. Pending, it hasn't been more then 7 days.

As for how the intersection works

• Those turning left from CD Road, must yield to all oncoming traffic and wait for a safe enough gap to proceed.
  • Those getting off the highway to CD Road have a "Give Way" Sign, which is basically a Yield. They must wait for cross traffic to be clear before they can turn.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Miyu* said:

the overtaker shouldn't have overtake there (mainly because they aren't even aware of you).

If the overtaken vehicle is signaling left turn, it is only permitted passing on the right, provided there is enough space, which there isn't, so no, that isn't the main reason.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hello there, 

First of all, thanks for sharing this topic and making a disscusion. 

From my experiences and point of view I would advise you to try to avoid a crash as much as possible. On the video record can be seen that on the right side of your lane is enough od space for your car, easily there was not a reason to turn left and crash onto the truck. On the other I can imagine how hard must be to think where the player will turn.... 

Have a good day

Regards,

RedNub

TruckersMP Veteran Driver V | TruckClub Mega

9 hours ago, Sho Doing said:

• Like 2

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 1:41 AM, Sho Doing said:

@Sho Doing,

you have right of way.

Oncoming left turning traffic, as well as traffic that enters the intersection are required to give way.

• Upvote 1

You should first of all drive slowly, the oncoming truck has to stop because he needs to give you way first since you are already driving and he has to turn, traffic exiting the highway to get in a main road must also give way to traffic in the main road, when you see a triangle with the text "give way" that means you must stop to give way to the traffic, and for the overtaker one, thats just normal unpatience people i guess 😄 

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Nody.

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.