Same speed but faster than me

Check size of your tyres, larger diameter wheels will increse speed at given rpm, yet the speedometer will not indicate it because they are linked to transmission and calibrated for stock wheel size.

For example if your tyres are 315/70, first number is tyre width and the second is tyre profile, or height of the tyre wall as percentage of its width, in this case 220,5mm.

Currently, there are 3 tyre sizes in ETS2 - 315/70, 315/80 and 385/55, of which only first two are applicable to driven axles and last one is only for steer axle. Considering the rim size can't be changed and stays the same for all tyres, presumably it's the common size R22 (about 559mm), the overall diameter of the wheels can be either about 1000mm, 1063mm or 982,5mm.

• Upvote 5

6- Mass Enertia Physics, maybe he have a less heavier Truck or more Horsepower and can Accelerate Faster than you or keeping Uphill a faster Speed.

7- Driving Economics, he take some turnings with different Angles and is able to drive around Curves a bit faster.

8- There is a Acceleration Difference between Manual Shifting and Automatic Shifting. The Clutch have more friction with Automatic Shifting, so you are have a bit less Acceleration

9- You have dreamed a bit and did not stepped the whole Time your Gas Pedal Through the Metal the whole Time!

10- He have used some Illegal Things to be faster!

• Upvote 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

Like mentioned above there can be many factors. But if we assume nobody has any internet/latency/lag problem, it can be due mainly to the difference in truck setup/setting with the main one being cargo weight downhill making you go over the speed limit you set/have.

The other big differentiator is the driving style. If your friend takes better trajectories, he will slowly catch you, even if he drives at the exact same speed or a bit slower.

Other reasons, but I don't think that's your case as I think you're talking about motorway driving without obstacles:

- the engine/gearbox which will affect the acceleration (i.e. when accelerating after a big hill or a roundabout/curve).

- braking style: if your friend brakes more last minute, he will slowly catch up.

- gear changes (if you both drive manually): changing gear at the right moment provides an acceleration advantage against someone who doesn't shift perfectly.

• Upvote 2

Why do i have the feeling that, as longer this Discussion goes, we are talking about "How to Optimize a Race Car Setup" than a Truck Driving Simulation Game!?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

5 hours ago, [MCG] Valhalla said:

It could be 100.1km/h comparing to 100.9km/h maybe

Not according to the OP's claim, that the following vehicle catches up with the leading vehicle in approx. 2 minutes.

Here is why:

Relative speed = speed of following vehicle - speed of leading vehicle

Relative speed = 100,9 km/h - 100,3 km/h = 0,6 km/h

Relative speed in meter/second = 0,6 km/h / 3,6 m/s =0,1667 m/s

time = distance / relative speed

= 100 meters / 0,1667 m/s = 599,98 seconds, ca. 600 seconds

600 seconds = 10 minutes

According to the speed you provided, the following vehicle would catch up with the leading vehicle in about 10 minutes.

• Woah! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator