Collisions when someone spawn

Hello Truckers! Yes, it's still me, today I want to propose a new suggestion, that is, I would like to ask if it was possible to remove or limit to a minimum the collision of when someone or you yourself spawn on the road while someone is passing through you and you don't fly up into the sky or take damage to fully destroy your cargo/truck...since It happened to me already some times...

Suggestion Name: Collisions when spawn on the road

Suggestion Description: Avoid,Fix or limit to minimum collisions when someone spwan on the road

Any example images: Videos evidence https://medal.tv/games/euro-truck-sim-2/clips/1FrdgcOJWKIZGM/d1337tvBOqtD?invite=cr-MSxZeTQsMjAxMzIyMDEwLA  //  https://medal.tv/games/euro-truck-sim-2/clips/1PFXqQeB-Y0yrf/d13371epKvS9?invite=cr-MSxYSUEsMjAxMzIyMDEwLA

Why it should be added: As I said before, try to minimize the collision of when someone or yourself spawns on the road while someone is passing through you and you don't fly up into the sky or take damage... it could be dangerous for when you are on high congestion roads that come upon you and make a chain damages...

As always,I hope this suggestion is also to your liking,for any comment,do not hesitate to comment below and say what you think about it or you want to change/add.

Kind regards and Safe Drives,

Rossoo770s.

Aurora Driver | Veteran Driver | TruckersMP Member since 2015.

• Upvote 1

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

11 minutes ago, Hockerto said:

But you could also just pull to the side of the road before disconnecting / reconnecting.

I always do that,maybe when I lost connection or just to avoid traffic,I overtake all on offline mode and I'll park on the grass then I reconnect..

12 minutes ago, Hockerto said:

You are responsible for your own actions and if you spawn in the middle of the road and cause a collision, that is your fault.

Ik,but maybe the 80% of the players who play this game don't care about that,and spawn everywhere and when they want...If you saw my evidence videos you may understand what I mean...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

2 minutes ago, Rossoo770s. said:

I always do that,maybe when I lost connection or just to avoid traffic,I overtake all on offline mode and I'll park on the grass then I reconnect..

That was no accusation, dont get me wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rossoo770s. said:

Ik,but maybe the 80% of the players who play this game don't care about that,and spawn everywhere and when they want...If you saw my evidence videos you may understand what I mean...

Ok, maybe I should have looked at the evidence Videos, definetly my fault.

As you probably know, players should have Ghost Mode right after spawning. That is actually in place to prevent crashes and make sure that players can react in time.

In your videos, the players both spawn right infront or inside of you. To me, this looks like a bug or something where the Ghost Mode is not yet applied in the first split seconds.

I think that the solution with the Ghost Mode is already fine because I have no idea what the alternative could be.

But this thing that you get damaged when they spawn inside of you should really be fixed.

It's amazing, I've never had this problem !  Maybe it only happens to the nub :troll:

• Haha 1

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

This issue is entirely related to the connection established by the people's computers and the server. If some players are getting hurt as in the videos above, there are some articles on this issue in the forum, a solution can be found by taking this article and old articles into consideration.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 11:44 PM, Hockerto said:

This could make sense. But you could also just pull to the side of the road before disconnecting / reconnecting.

You are responsible for your own actions and if you spawn in the middle of the road and cause a collision, that is your fault.

Not really.

If someone crashes into you, your delivery will be damaged.

It doesn't help if you drive to the side and respawn there.
You inevitably have to load an old save game in which the delivery is undamaged, and unfortunately this is often just a save game in which you are in the middle of the road.

So it is not your fault. It's the fault of the driver who crashes into you. And he should also suffer the consequences.

14 hours ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

Not really.

You inevitably have to load an old save game in which the delivery is undamaged, and unfortunately this is often just a save game in which you are in the middle of the road.

So it is not your fault. It's the fault of the driver who crashes into you. And he should also suffer the consequences.

To load a quick save which spawns your vehicle in an unsafe location, e.g. a road, is an reckless act, because it willfully neglects the safety of others users and of oneself.

As opposed to this, a user who crashes into a vehicle that spawned in his way of travel is not at fault, because he or she can't know nor predict when and where a vehicle of another user will spawn, which gives the user few to no time to take evasive measures.

• True Story 2

On 1/19/2024 at 6:00 PM, poopingcorn said:

I'm certain that this is a bug that should be fixed, maybe try reporting this issue on a support ticket

It is indeed a known bug.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I can agree with your statement. I say this because of the following reasons:

-I have clicked the drive button after a game crash or other circumstances to where im left in the middle of the road and even though I have a good system I will load in AFTER the Ghost mode has been disabled not allowing me enough time to move to the side of the road or get moving to a decent speed to prevent any said accidents. 

-People will Alt + F4 their game where ever they feel like (Especially on CD Road) and then during peek activity on the servers they will hop back on and then boom we have a chain accident because of where they spawned.

I personally think it would be a really good idea for the TMP Dev team to INCREASE the timer for ghost mode to allow for ample time to move to a decent speed OR off the road until you get situated

On 1/21/2024 at 1:51 PM, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

Not really.

What I would do in your situation if your load gets damaged or whatever due to underlying situations such as poor driving of yourself or others is to load an AUTO SAVE from a time where you were not in a populated area, you are on the side of the road, in a fuel station pull off, or at a rest area where when you load back in you won't be at risk of causing any accidents due to poor auto-save selections. 

On 1/22/2024 at 12:16 PM, blabberbeak said:

To load a quick save which spawns your vehicle in an unsafe location, e.g. a road, is an reckless act

Maybe. That's why I said: The person who caused the accident would have to be held liable for this, because without him this situation of loading an old quicksave would not have occurred.
*edit*
And that's why it might be difficult to hold someone accountable for loading an old save game AND/OR restarting and resuming the game after a game crash (which amounts to the same thing), since in both cases it was not the player's intention to cause an accident.
This is merely the result of another player's misbehaviour or the game crashing.

19 hours ago, LimeUnlimited said:

-I have clicked the drive button after a game crash or other circumstances to where im left in the middle of the road and even though I have a good system I will load in AFTER the Ghost mode has been disabled not allowing me enough time to move to the side of the road or get moving to a decent speed to prevent any said accidents.

The performance of a computer is irrelevant.

The trick is simply to position your vehicle to a safe location in SINGLEPLAYER mode BEFORE you enter MULTIPLAYER again.

Spawning in Multiplayer in the middle of the road and trying to avoid collision is a bold venture.

13 minutes ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

Maybe. That's why I said: The person who caused the accident would have to be held liable for this, because without him this situation of loading an old quicksave would not have occurred.

Please accept my apologies. I've apparently misunderstood your post. 🤔

20 hours ago, LimeUnlimited said:

I personally think it would be a really good idea for the TMP Dev team to INCREASE the timer for ghost mode to allow for ample time to move to a decent speed OR off the road until you get situated

The problem is not the length of the ghost mode, but the direct spawning. There is a very short moment (0.000000001 seconds) between loading the savegame and Ghost Mode, where Ghost Mode is not yet active.
And this is when the accident occurs.

I've experienced it myself and fortunately also recorded it once:
But unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

14 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Please accept my apologies. I've apparently misunderstood your post. 🤔

Meh.... I wanted to argue and counter-argue ^^
But Ok 😉  Accepted 🙂 

*edit* Correct Quote

5 hours ago, #fahrnünftig-Hecki [GER] said:

The problem is not the length of the ghost mode, but the direct spawning. There is a very short moment (0.000000001 seconds) between loading the savegame and Ghost Mode, where Ghost Mode is not yet active.
And this is when the accident occurs.

I've experienced it myself and fortunately also recorded it once:
But unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it.

Meh.... I wanted to argue and counter-argue ^^
But Ok 😉  Accepted 🙂 

*edit* Correct Quote

Hmmm, so what I am thinking is (I could be wrong and feel free to bash me if I am) but I am thinking that the only time we end up seeing a user is AFTER the ghost mode has disabled, until then I think we can't even see them so what we are seeing now is the user coming out of ghost mode...OR maybe you are right and there is that short second after a direct spawn before ghost mode causing a collision