Regulation/traffic limits for Calais/Duisburg/Cities in general

Suggestion name: Regulation/traffic limits for Calais/Duisburg/Cities in general
Explanation:

We all know it. Calais. Duisburg. Chaos. Some hate it, some love it. Personally I like it because it's very lively. However, I also drive to other places. Sad thing is, if you go outside the C-D area, you do not even remotely encounter as many players and it can become very lonely. 

I suggest (whether or not is possible is another matter, I'm just suggesting)
- Make moments where the custom job generator is disabled (maybe)

Or, even better:

- Job destination limits to cities which have more than (X) people already with a job going there. For example:
- Me and 49 others, 50 in total, have jobs from any city, to Duisburg. When such is the case, jobs which would have Duisburg as destination (NOT starting point) would be removed/disabled from the job listings (quick/freight) and Duisburg would be temporarily removed/locked/disabled from being chosen as a target destination, forcing people to take a job with a different target destination. This would spread people out, reduce chaos, make the game a LOT more lively. 

Sure, there will be people that say "But I want to go to X!". Yes, fine. You can go there another time. I drove to Milan yesterday and encountered a few other drivers. It's very nice.

Why it should be added: 

The ETS2 map is BIG and most areas are criminally underused in TMP

Thoughts? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Awesome! 1

Hello Bruijn nub ! ❤️

The idea is not bad BUT the people present in Calais or Duisburg will 90% take the C-D road, and for a large part drive with an empty trailer (Just to be at full speed and to go back and forth to cross a lot of people)

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

I know people will want to drive C-D a lot but honestly there will also be a lot of people who *will* drive to other placed and it is indeed a case of 'getting used to it'. 

As for driving around in empty cars, trucks, trailers with no cargo: Well, they can do that, but ... why would you? Might be just me but that feels 'pointless' (as far as there's a point to playing a game besides the fact that it brings you enjoyment). Also, people *already* do that, I do not think in regards to this, there would be much difference, if this idea was implemented. I personally think (and of course hope) that it will spread people out more.

It's also that, when it is in effect and people drive to lots of other places, people will *want* to visit other places too because you will most likely encounter others there, too. As opposed to the situation right now where, if you drive outside of C-D, you might as well play single player, with some exceptions. 

(This is just my opinion)

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

On 1/17/2024 at 5:16 PM, Lowlander said:

When such is the case, jobs which would have Duisburg as destination (NOT starting point) would be removed/disabled from the job listings (quick/freight) and Duisburg would be temporarily removed/locked/disabled from being chosen as a target destination, forcing people to take a job with a different target destination.

Restrictions of the TruckersMP dispatcher will not stop players to drive to high populated areas.

And this is not least because not all players use the dispatcher. Think about players who solely use World Of Trucks jobs or players, who don't hault cargo at all.

TruckersMP rather needs AI traffic in low populated areas.

• Like 1

I agree AI traffic could be nice but it's *multi*player for a reason imo.

We could also add more roadworks/detours, perhaps a dynamic system where random roads close, stuff like that. Add some variety. Though whether this would be doable, and how it'd all work, different story. 

What I'd like is to just have players spread out more. 90% of the map is underused with thousands of people trucking. 

Edit: Also I did include the non-dispatcher jobs. I did not specifically mention WoT jobs though, true. But the restriction would go for all job selection options. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 10:16 AM, Lowlander said:

Suggestion name: Regulation/traffic limits for Calais/Duisburg/Cities in general
Explanation:

We all know it. Calais. Duisburg. Chaos. Some hate it, some love it. Personally I like it because it's very lively. However, I also drive to other places. Sad thing is, if you go outside the C-D area, you do not even remotely encounter as many players and it can become very lonely. 

I suggest (whether or not is possible is another matter, I'm just suggesting)
- Make moments where the custom job generator is disabled (maybe)

Or, even better:

- Job destination limits to cities which have more than (X) people already with a job going there. For example:
- Me and 49 others, 50 in total, have jobs from any city, to Duisburg. When such is the case, jobs which would have Duisburg as destination (NOT starting point) would be removed/disabled from the job listings (quick/freight) and Duisburg would be temporarily removed/locked/disabled from being chosen as a target destination, forcing people to take a job with a different target destination. This would spread people out, reduce chaos, make the game a LOT more lively. 

Sure, there will be people that say "But I want to go to X!". Yes, fine. You can go there another time. I drove to Milan yesterday and encountered a few other drivers. It's very nice.

Why it should be added: 

The ETS2 map is BIG and most areas are criminally underused in TMP

Thoughts? 

I agree with what you are saying HOWEVER.
 Sometimes people really like to be around as many people as possible to make it feel more real...despite the FPS loss and craziness that happens in those cities and CD Area. 

I myself LOVE to have many people around me but also like to keep my FPS and other things intact.

My recommendation to you is, if you love players but don't like to many players as in this case CD area, try and stay within the base countries that came with the game and aren't add on DLC's AFTER the purchase of the game.

Now yes, there aren't going to be as many players as the CD area but there are enough to make it feel lively which is something I love. 

Peek times for this is Friday-Sunday (Sometimes everyday) 09:00 AM-4:00 PM CST

Even if they were to add such things to that area it can't stop people from being in that area and driving on C-D Road. They will go empty, in cars, etc. Unless they did what you mentioned and did something like road closures or something. 

Believe me I do very much drive other countries/roads and do encounter other people. It just seems ... not right that most of the map is very underused. I get why people like C-D, hell, I like it myself, too. But I'd like it even better if you see more players regularly everywhere / on way more places on the map. The further east you go, the lonelier it gets. Of course, not everyone has all DLC's but many people do.

• True Story 1

Hello,

The players still drive on this road even though there is no load. They even cancel the load after taking it to different places and traveling between these cities. I think people are driving on this road just to get each other banned. I think that the only people who drive on this road are those who cannot go between two lanes, cheat, cannot overtake, and in short, do not listen to the rules. I don't want to generalize, but every time I go down that road it's always the same. Even if we put a limit on load taking, this problem will neither decrease nor be solved. I think nothing changes.

Best regards
parzival

On 1/25/2024 at 8:44 AM, _Parzival said:

Hello,

The players still drive on this road even though there is no load. They even cancel the load after taking it to different places and traveling between these cities. I think people are driving on this road just to get each other banned. I think that the only people who drive on this road are those who cannot go between two lanes, cheat, cannot overtake, and in short, do not listen to the rules. I don't want to generalize, but every time I go down that road it's always the same. Even if we put a limit on load taking, this problem will neither decrease nor be solved. I think nothing changes.

Best regards
parzival

I know you might not have meant to generalize but .. you did. But it's okay.

Most of the people on  the C-D road are good drivers. The reason it feels otherwise oftentimes is because of the huge amount of people that drive in the same area. Naturally, you're going to see more rulebreaks in highly-populated areas as opposed to the rest of the map areas with lower populations. 

If people were to spread out more, I think it would also reduce frustration, congestion. And some rulebreaks. Because some people break rules not just because they're bad at driving or want to cheat ... sometimes frustration can get to you, if you've been in a traffic jam for say, 30 minutes or so and you just want to go. But then again .. if you're not willing to face that .. go somewhere else. But if you go somewhere else, you're basically playing single player going to encounter (a lot) less people. 

1 hour ago, Lowlander said:

Genelleme yapmak istemeyebileceğini biliyorum ama... öyle yaptın. Ama sorun değil.

CD yolundaki insanların çoğu iyi sürücülerdir. Çoğu zaman bunun aksini hissetmenin nedeni, aynı bölgede araç kullanan çok sayıda insan olmasıdır. Doğal olarak, haritanın daha düşük nüfuslu bölgelerine kıyasla, yüksek nüfuslu bölgelerde daha fazla kural ihlali göreceksiniz  . 

Eğer insanlar daha fazla yayılırsa, bunun hayal kırıklığını ve sıkışıklığı da azaltacağını düşünüyorum. Ve bazı kural ihlalleri. Çünkü bazı insanlar sadece araba kullanma konusunda kötü oldukları veya hile yapmak istedikleri için kuralları çiğnemiyorlar... Bazen, örneğin 30 dakika kadar trafik sıkışıklığındaysanız ve sadece gitmek istiyorsanız hayal kırıklığı sizi sarabilir  . .  Ama yine de .. bununla yüzleşmeye istekli değilseniz .. başka bir yere gidin.  Ancak başka bir yere giderseniz,  temelde  tek oyunculu oynarsınız ve (  çok) daha az insanla karşılaşırsınız. 

Of course, there will be good drivers among them. I think the fact that this place is so busy leads people to reckless driving and dangerous overtaking. This is why every time I enter this road, something is always blocked. People choose this path just because it is crowded. When everyone is on this path, you naturally have more opportunities to see people making mistakes here. This idea is nice, but it seems impossible to think that this problem will be solved by limiting the load taking.

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Dikkatsiz araç kullanmak, kendinizin ve başkalarının güvenliğini kasıtlı olarak ihmal etme yönündeki bilinçli bir karardır.

Yüksek trafik hacmi daha çok defansif sürüş tarzına yol açmalıdır.

I agree, but this situation causes this path to cause many problems. I don't think this problem is with the load.

I agree with you, the C - D road is basically the only part of the map with traffic, the rest of the map is completely dry, you'd be lucky to see a single player in some locations.

However, I think there is better solution than restricting players from taking cargo to these locations.

1 hour ago, Nima. said:

I agree with you, the C - D road is basically the only part of the map with traffic, the rest of the map is completely dry, you'd be lucky to see a single player in some locations.

However, I think there is better solution than restricting players from taking cargo to these locations.

What would that solution be?

It annoys me that there are a lot of people in one place at TMP... Calais. Duisburg. There are 3890 people on simalation 1 server.. I'm coming from Spain and I won't meet a single one.. ==== As I get closer to Duisburg, the game cuts out and everyone who is there drives there... But then that doesn't make sense of the game as such...