Charge €1 to make a report via the website

Vaults

The issue is not the reports because there's trolls everywhere but the admins banning for 1 week a simple accident. I find that those week bans is normalized here but it's absolutely unacceptable and a dictatorship behavior. Get rid of those Admins ruining fun for everyone and the ones who wrote these rules. 1 day ban is fine for accident and even that is exaggerated but 1 week piss off

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, тoυιjєя said:

The issue is not the reports because there's trolls everywhere but the admins banning for 1 week a simple accident. I find that those week bans is normalized here but it's absolutely unacceptable and a dictatorship behavior. Get rid of those Admins ruining fun for everyone and the ones who wrote these rules. 1 day ban is fine for accident and even that is exaggerated but 1 week piss off

The TruckersMP rules state:

§2.8 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.

The 4th ban is thirty days.

The 5th ban and consecutive bans are ninety days.

The length of the punishment also depends on active bans and punishment history.

• True Story 1

Does this suggestion have anything to do with the fact that you are currently banned?

• Haha 9
  • Woah! 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

9 hours ago, partyaap said:

Does this suggestion have anything to do with the fact that you are currently banned?

It doesn't actually. I made this post before I got banned.

It is extremely tiring to be reported for making genuine mistakes.

I am not a "griefer" or a "troller". I am simply someone who enjoys playing driving games. I make mistakes because I'm not a professional driver (I literally use keyboard+mouse), and it's a game! I have more liberty to make mistakes here because I'm not going to die if I do something wrong.

As you have clearly decided to look at my profile, you'll have probably seen I have 2 active bans. I don't think it's appropriate or even allowed to share the details of a current ban (that I'm going to appeal), so here's the previous one.

Keep in mind I'm not complaining about the ban, as that of course is against the forum rules, I just want to prove the above statement that I'm not a troller seeking to weaken the report system.

I have previously been banned for:

And here's my POV. I was told that because I didn't F7 when taking damage, that it's my fault. It's a bit frustrating considering the guy who reported me originally was actually the reason I took the damage, but I chose not to report him.

You can literally see me turn the wheel to try to get out of the way. I have no idea why I just stopped suddenly.

Here's my POV. This still confuses me. I have no idea why you'd report someone for colliding with the map, and without even interrupting traffic. I didn't know there was an invisible wall there, I was just trying to pull over so I could go AFK.

This is exactly the type of report that someone wouldn't pay €1 to make. Maybe now you're starting to see why I have suggested this?

Here's my POV. I fully concede that this is my fault.

So it's completely clear that there was no malicious intent in anything I did. Like everyone on the planet, I make mistakes. 

But the fact that in TruckersMP, there is always someone watching you and ready to report you for the most meaningless things is really toxic.

It's also a bit telling that when you read my concerns over the report system, your first reaction was to check my profile because surely it's only because I'm salty over getting banned right? Of course I am frustrated with how the moderation works, because I have experience of the clusterfuck of the appeals system.

When you appeal a ban, you have to convince someone that their original decision is wrong. Why is it like that? The whole point of an appeal is to have someone else review it.

I should again note that I made this post before I got banned.

So instead of acknowledging my concerns and providing actual valid input, you chose to point that out. It's a bit unprofessional in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vaults said:

And here's my POV. I was told that because I didn't F7 when taking damage, that it's my fault. It's a bit frustrating considering the guy who reported me originally was actually the reason I took the damage, but I chose not to report him.

You can literally see me turn the wheel to try to get out of the way. I have no idea why I just stopped suddenly.

Maybe the Emergency Brake System in the options active?
I have it turned off and I don't brake immediately if the engine breaks.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:53 PM, Vaults said:

Your vehicle stopped due to a malfunction of the engine, as it states in the information window in the lower right corner of your screen.

Driving with a damaged vehicle (see the red vehicle pictogram in the same window) is unsafe as it can have a negative impact on the handling and stability of the vehicle.

• Upvote 1

This is really a very bad idea, even if for TruckersMP it would be a new source of income and it would reduce the number of reports. Since as you can imagine, each person does not have the same means and therefore certain players could report more than others, and for the good of TruckersMP everyone has the right to report problem players.

1797472539_TMP.webp.542b008508f3e29324b9b29eabffd2f6.webp.30dac118f31a8f248f33bc747a0d48d2.webp

On 12/29/2023 at 10:53 PM, Vaults said:

It doesn't actually. I made this post before I got banned.

Fair enough, my apologies. 😛

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.