Staff confirmed CD Road won't be getting any major updates

Sunstrider

5 hours ago, _raffaele_ said:

From what i see written here, it does not seem to me that they have closed to modifications on that road

"While we remain open to QOL updates". Which doesn't include changing the road. But problem spots. Which will probably be the gas station on Calais side. But nothing like adding more lanes, adding a full length divider to keep the lanes separate, adding tolls/trains/ferry by removing the road and acting as a connector btwn the 2.

7 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

"While we remain open to QOL updates". Which doesn't include changing the road. But problem spots. Which will probably be the gas station on Calais side. But nothing like adding more lanes, adding a full length divider to keep the lanes separate, adding tolls/trains/ferry by removing the road and acting as a connector btwn the 2.

Yes, but they have already modified several parts, like the junctions, gas stations, all of duisburg; a QOL update is still a modification to that road even if you call it differently; 

If SCS will make changes to that part of the map i expect some modifications to the road, but not complete extinction or revolutionary changes, the reworking of old parts of the map has been in the plans/various blogs published for many years, i do not expect anything in the near future,

If you turn C-D into a motorway, people will most likely go somewhere else

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 12/5/2023 at 7:21 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Yes i'm fully aware on how that might sound, to be honest after i read your post i got bad taste afterwards which resulted in that reaction, because i know how hard the developers are working on this project.

So that comment ''wasted time'' was not really appreciated imo. Yes i know we are still waiting but that is not only you, myself wait also for this patiently.

And that there is no progress in your eyes doesn't mean that the developers doing nothing.

It wasn't my intention to enrage you. But it was certainly my intention to cause a reaction.

Transparency and regular progress status updates are not the strong points of TruckersMP. The fact that the results of the survey were only published on X and didn't find its way to the blog or forum raises the question about the TruckersMP teams' motives. Do they want to avoid a discussion? One can only speculate.

You are in the lucky position to have access to information that a user does not. We don't know, if and how eagerly you and others of the team work.

Fact is, I don't see any progress regarding AI traffic. And deserted maps do not play into the cards of a truck simulation multiplayer environment.

But literally any "quality of life" update in an area which obviously has become the TruckersMP team's pet issue are not in my interest at all.

I belong to a minority of this community, whcih faces significant disadvantages. And whether you like it or not, I will continue to name them and make you aware of them.

The above goes out not specifically to you, but to the whole TruckersMP team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/2/2023 at 9:39 PM, Sunstrider said:

The image speaks for itself. Expect nothing else until SCS gets to it.

image.png?ex=657e08ac&is=656b93ac&hm=053

I believe this is the right strategy of TruckersMP Management.

Knowing how it used to be, it is now quite good.
CD road has been quite tailored to players. Among other things, Duisburg was created from scratch, rework a junction north of Brussels and one of the gas stations on the route was taken care of.

It is no big secret that SCS Software continues to work in Germany and the Ruhr area (including Duisburg) may be something even for 2024.
Additionally, a natural area for reconstruction after Switzerland will be UK or BeNeLux (with a large fragment of CD road).

Map created by a user from the SCS forum based on material/signs found in game files/map editor.:

jFUfx92.png
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ME9ZlxdS72ugCL2ywtnB0yn6ETX6448&ll=51.442760679403555%2C7.352908693742775&z=10

o2FLVbf.png

In my opinion, the map makers of ETS 2 will remake the city of Duisburg and it will become much more extensive (than in the 1.49-base game). If this happens and the city withstands the TruckersMP players siege should orginal remain. Addintionally, then the ability to use World of Trucks cargo there will return.

Anyway, we'll see what the future brings.

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:02 PM, partyaap said:

Why do people keep saying this? The map is compressed. Literally not a single road is a 1 to 1 copy.

Of course it is not, but the road itself doesn't exist reallife at all. Most speculate its somewhat meant to represent the E40 in Belgium - while roads in the new DLCs and in rebuilt countries mostly do exist in reallife

Also @MarkON, great Google MyMaps about speculated roads/exits you linked there.

@poland.ball

Do you think TruckersMP would appreciate some updates (new cities) around CD? 

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                                  ⭐                                  ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Happy map creator for ETS2 from 🇨🇿

If you are interested, you can look for something about me 🙂

Languages I speak: ENGLISH , CZECH & GERMAN

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                                  ⭐                                  ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

REPORT      FEEDBACK

18 hours ago, poland.ball said:

Of course it is not, but the road itself doesn't exist reallife at all. Most speculate its somewhat meant to represent the E40 in Belgium - while roads in the new DLCs and in rebuilt countries mostly do exist in reallife

Also @MarkON, great Google MyMaps about speculated roads/exits you linked there.

There are no roads along the French shoreline?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Naturally, the French coastline has many roads. But none of them resemble the in-game road between Duisburg and Calais.

KqzvgWI.png

???

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 12/11/2023 at 1:29 PM, blabberbeak said:

@partyaap,

while the shown route is a connection between the two cities, it's basically a group of European routes (e.g. E40, E17, E34), which are mainly motorways/ freeways.

The in-game road between Duisburg and Calais however is mostly a country road.

That's why I said they don't really resemble it.

Because the game is compressed and not a 1 to 1 scale perhaps?

Nobody ever complains about any road in this game that is not a straight up copy from IRL. But once you bring up C-D I am supposed to take this "doesn't exist in real life" argument serious as if it has any credibility?

Just getting annoying after all this years to hear the same illogical argument against C-D.

Kind regards,

partyaap

@partyaap,

I understand your frustration with the repeated criticism against the road between Duisburg and Calais. It seems that I am dismissing its existence in real life as a reason to question its credibility within the game. However, I understand that discussions about virtual environments, even those inspired by real-world locations, often involve a balance between realism and gameplay considerations.

While it's true that many roads in the game are not exact replicas of real-world counterparts, the argument against the road road between Duisburg and Calais originates from concerns about its impact on the overall gaming experience. I am one of the players who feel that the C-D road, whether or not it exists in reality, introduces elements that disrupt the intended balance or immersion of the game.

It's crucial to have constructive conversations about these concerns and find common ground to ensure a positive experience for all players.

Ultimately, diverse opinions within the gaming community contribute to the growth and improvement of the game. Engaging in respectful discussions can help bridge gaps and foster a more understanding and enjoyable environment for everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

@partyaap,

I understand your frustration with the repeated criticism against the road between Duisburg and Calais. It seems that I am dismissing its existence in real life as a reason to question its credibility within the game. However, I understand that discussions about virtual environments, even those inspired by real-world locations, often involve a balance between realism and gameplay considerations.

While it's true that many roads in the game are not exact replicas of real-world counterparts, the argument against the road road between Duisburg and Calais originates from concerns about its impact on the overall gaming experience. I am one of the players who feel that the C-D road, whether or not it exists in reality, introduces elements that disrupt the intended balance or immersion of the game.

It's crucial to have constructive conversations about these concerns and find common ground to ensure a positive experience for all players.

Ultimately, diverse opinions within the gaming community contribute to the growth and improvement of the game. Engaging in respectful discussions can help bridge gaps and foster a more understanding and enjoyable environment for everyone involved.

I wouldn't mind if they removed it for a week or a month and see what happens. But I doubt anything is going to change. True C-D players do not care about TMP. They dont check the forum, the website or the discord server. They just wanna drive up and down a road where everybody else is as well.

The map itself is also just pretty big. The vast majority of players during peak are not even on C-D. But the map itself is still too large to really encounter anyone consistently.

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

While in Winterland I saw 👀 the town hall building which IRL is located in Duisburg:

KSZwqF0.png
IRL: https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4354377,6.7616366,3a,75y,257.88h,86.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4fODW2zdEphSYU4XRCz5XA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I'm guessing the building is covered in snow only for the World of Trucks event. Ultimately, it will be used in the rebuilt Duisburg.

Referring to the previous information from my post, I doubt that all these things are a coincidence. In my opinion we will simply upcoming a Ruhr rework in Euro Truck Simulator 2.

It is worth following the SCS Christmas Stream, which will take place on December 19. I expect some photos from this area. 
Addintionally, we will see if they will show any photos (teasers) from the reconstruction of countries. If something from BeNeLux area appears, I can guess that a large part of CD Road will not last longer than a year in its current form.

Regardless of how long it takes, it's good that TruckersMP has no plans in this regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator