Exclusive Trailers for Verified VTCs

Leithian

There wouldn't be hundreds of third party skins. TruckersMP currently has 63 Verified VTCs. And it's likely that not all VTCs use this feature. Also Trailer skin files do not have large file sizes.

And Players can be given a choice to turn this feature off and on.

• True Story 1

Hello @Leithian,

I'm excited that you touched on a subject I've been thinking about for a long time.

I think this is a necessary situation, because I am in favor of the fact that the formations we call "VTC" should now have a concrete presence in TruckersMP. I am also aware if it is offered as a recognized privilege to verified VTCs, it could attract the attention of other VTCs in the game, so everyone can join in this social interaction and create a circle. It is clear that exclusive VTC trailers will provide positive visual effects to VTC truck design ideas.

• Like 2

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

46 minutes ago, Leithian said:

There wouldn't be hundreds of third party skins. TruckersMP currently has 63 Verified VTCs. And it's likely that not all VTCs use this feature. Also Trailer skin files do not have large file sizes.

Individually not - I checked one of the workshop mods I have installed, the Celsineo skin for Krone Cool Liner, and it's about 10MB. Just 20 VTC skins, and TMP download goes up by 200MB.

That's just one skin for one trailer, but there are tens of different trailers in the game, many VTCs would probably want to use more than one.

Then they would also want truck skins and that would be even worse.

And if downloading the skins was completely optional, like winter/summer mods, what purpose would they serve for promoting VTC, hardly anyone would bother downloading any but their own, and TMP would have to reinstate the  replacement system which disappeared after SCS changed how DLC content is integrated into the game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Granite said:

Individually not - I checked one of the workshop mods I have installed, the Celsineo skin for Krone Cool Liner, and it's about 10MB. Just 20 VTC skins, and TMP download goes up by 200MB.

That's just one skin for one trailer, but there are tens of different trailers in the game, many VTCs would probably want to use more than one.

Then they would also want truck skins and that would be even worse.

And if downloading the skins was completely optional, like winter/summer mods, what purpose would they serve for promoting VTC, hardly anyone would bother downloading any but their own, and TMP would have to reinstate the  replacement system which disappeared after SCS changed how DLC content is integrated into the game.

First of all, thank you for responding to the topic.

While I can't understand why you would be so rejecting about what would certainly add a novelty to the TruckersMP universe,

the fact that the problems you present are not really a problem gives the impression that you are directly discarding the suggestion because it does not benefit yourself on this issue and I don't find it right.

I want you to remember that, you are not the only one in this environment. As you can see already a lot of users agreed with this idea. And I believe there will be more.

As for answering you. The arguments you present are purely conjecture.

- I acknowledge the concern about increased download sizes due to additional skins. Of course a high-quality skin can have a high file size. However, we can implement measures to keep the impact minimal, such as file size limits, which are already use at forum, and compression techniques. Many players are already accustomed to downloading mods and assets, so this addition would not significantly deviate from existing practices. Also, you have already downloaded a lot of files you don't use, believe me. Could you please explain why you don't reject or opt out of those existing elements that you may not use, and why you believe the addition of VTC skins would be different in this regard?

I don't expect every VTC to create unique skins for every trailer and truck. VTCs can choose a select few flagship designs, prioritizing quality over quantity. (Which I said above there can will be a size limit for paintjob files already.) This approach would help address concerns about download size while still allowing for customization.

Regarding concerns about the replacement system, I believe that it's feasible to adapt it to accommodate VTC skins without conflicting with the game's DLC content integration.

It is not my job to inject the suggestion I have presented here into the game. (Which doesn't mean it's too hard to do but you're only worried about these things.) So I haven't gone into too much detail about the technical issues, and instead of talking about it, I'd like you to give your opinion on the addition of the trailer skins to the game. If you do not have a really significant opinion, I kindly ask that you do not reply to this topic.

Sincerely,
Leithian

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

5 hours ago, Leithian said:

If you do not have a really significant opinion, I kindly ask that you do not reply to this topic.

So if someone disagrees with you they should not reply because you don't want criticism or negative response?

This is just yet another egocentric suggestion about inclusion of third party mods to TruckersMP, none of which had been accepted so far, for reasons which I won't bother explaing.

I don't care that others agree with yout, I gave my opinion, wether you like it or not is none of my concern, it's as valid as anyone's.

And no,  don't download mods, especially not skins that I don't want to use, so as long as I am not forced to download any VTC related content that I am not only not able to use, but also not even intrested to see in the game, fine, you can have that, otherwise, I am against it. Technical details, whether it's possible to work like that or not is none of my concern either since I don't care about VTCs .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Granite said:

So if someone disagrees with you they should not reply because you don't want criticism or negative response?

First of all, thanks for commenting again, I want to clarify that I absolutely welcome criticism and differing opinions, as they can help refine and improve ideas. I didn't say if you disagree, don't talk. What I was emphasizing in my previous message is that if you don't have a significant opinion on the topic or if you believe it doesn't concern you, you may choose not to reply to the topic, as your input on the subject matter could be more valuable when you have a specific perspective or concerns to address.

This is just yet another egocentric suggestion about inclusion of third party mods to TruckersMP, none of which had been accepted so far, for reasons which I won't bother explaing.

I understand your point about previous suggestions involving mods like that in TruckersMP not being accepted. It's essential to consider the past decisions made by the community and developers. However, every suggestion should be evaluated on its own merits, and the inclusion of VTC skins might present unique opportunities or benefits that were not present in previous suggestions.

I don't care that others agree with yout, I gave my opinion, wether you like it or not is none of my concern, it's as valid as anyone's. And no,  don't download mods, especially not skins that I don't want to use, so as long as I am not forced to download any VTC related content that I am not only not able to use, but also not even intrested to see in the game, fine, you can have that, otherwise, I am against it.

Regarding the issue of downloading content you don't intend to use, your perspective is valid. Of course. It's important that any addition to the game doesn't force unwanted content upon players. The suggestion I've put forward aims to consider the concerns about file size and the ability to opt out of VTC-related content with your suggestion.

Since I responded to what you said (unlike you), it's now my turn to speak.

Despite consistently using kind words towards you, you speak with a negative tone. I asked for constructive criticism from you, but you choose to take a portion of my sentences and respond from there. This is not a proper way to have a discussion. You seem to be attempting to manipulate people with your own thoughts. You believe this idea is selfish, but where exactly is it selfish? It's something that could benefit the entire VTC community and serve as a reason for VTCs to become verified. Here, you are the one being selfish by rejecting something that is good for the community just because you don't personally like it. My opinion about you hasn't changed. I still believe you think of yourself as superior to others. I believe we can have a more productive and respectful conversation about this suggestion. If you have concerns or reasons why you think this idea might not work, I would appreciate hearing them in a constructive manner. Not like "nah , i don't like it, this is just yet another egocentric suggestion, hardly anyone would bother downloading any but their own" Yes bro, I want to see even all VTCs has trailer instead of nametags, but that is not possible and thats because im suggesting this for just verifieds.
Everyone is here for fun on this platform, and my intention was not to engage in a toxic argument with you. However, you are speaking in this manner. I hope you become a better person. If you had simply stated your disagreement in a respectful manner, I would have left a thank-you emoji and moved on, just as I did with the other guy.

Your feedback on the concept itself  is valuable.

Thank you (!) for making the comment section much longer than the actual topic and thank you for taking the time to express your opinion.

I hope you won't give a short and "selfish" response to this one either, my friend.

Best regards,
Leithian

• True Story 2

Please re-read my first post, it's just a short sentence that explains all of my concerns, I really have no idea what is selfish about my opinion of not wanting to download VTC skins, either directly through TMP or form other sources.

Don't want to add anything more to this debate which you have started. Didn't even read last wall of text ot the end.

19 hours ago, Leithian said:

It should be implemented in the way the seasonal mods are.

Players who are interested can download a VTC livery mod, which is a package of liveries of all certified VTCs.

Players who are not interested don't have to do anything to enjoy the simulator the way they know it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

It should be implemented in the way the seasonal mods are.

Players who are interested can download a VTC livery mod, which is a package of liveries of all certified VTCs.

Players who are not interested don't have to do anything to enjoy the simulator the way they know it.

I completely agree with you, thank you for your comment.

• 4 months later...

This would only benefit TMP and everyone, this is a must have and should have been in TMP a long time ago.

There could also be guidelines to make quality consistent in all liveries.

If this bothers too much some people because of the potential size it may add, sure just make it like @blabberbeak suggested, could even have a default skin the player choose.

Although I don't care of a few 5GB added in order to have more diversity and uniqueness to the world and I'm not even in a vtc.

I even think that if you don't like the suggestion just because you don't want give up some disk space is utterly unjustifiable.

• Thanks 1

There could be a system, instead of being literal files, a system that can be used to create different designs/patterns/shapes and perhaps add an image and/or complex popular shapes/designs?

We have other examples to this like forza horizon games that allow players to create their own designs without knowing anything about design tools.

The images in the topic could be made using this system, I mean, if we can't do it traditional way, just implement it differently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MakeMe said:

If this bothers too much some people because of the potential size it may add, sure just make it like @blabberbeak suggested, could even have a default skin the player choose.

Unless the TruckersMP team's creativity has drastically improved, I'd like to avoid another default skin made by the TruckersMP team.

The one that replaced the Krone trailer DLC was completely painted in plain light grey with a white "Buy Krone DLC" lettering on it, with non-moving tires that looked like bottle caps.

17 hours ago, MakeMe said:

Although I don't care of a few 5GB added in order to have more diversity and uniqueness to the world and I'm not even in a vtc.

I even think that if you don't like the suggestion just because you don't want give up some disk space is utterly unjustifiable.

You shouldn't deprive anybody of the right to not agree to a suggestion for a given reason.

It is valid and justifiable to decline downloading additional content, in particular if it is of significant high data volume and can only be used by VTC members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Unless the TruckersMP team's creativity has drastically improved, I'd like to avoid another default skin made by the TruckersMP team.

I meant, use any paintjob available to everyone that vtcs normally use when someone doesn't want to download vtcs liveries, can see that as default instead. Not about default tmp skins.

The one that replaced the Krone trailer DLC was completely painted in plain light grey with a white "Buy Krone DLC" lettering on it, with non-moving tires that looked like bottle caps.

Weren't paintjobs visible even if you don't own it recently added in tmp? I'm not sure, might be confusing with scs mp.

You shouldn't deprive anybody of the right to not agree to a suggestion for a given reason.

It is valid and justifiable to decline downloading additional content, in particular if it is of significant high data volume and can only be used by VTC members.

Like I said, I think, it's just a personal opinion, you are free to disagree.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wraith645 said:

This would be amazing to see, it also reduces people impersonating a VTC because they have to be in it to use the official trailer.

Unless certain elements are protected by trademark, copyright or patent law, I find it difficult to claim an impersonation of a whole VTC solely by using the same or similar trailer design, while the former case might be protected by intellectual property law.

My personal impression of many existing VTC designs is that they are rather amateurish and don't run the risk of being immitated.

• Like 1