Why are some in game moderator actions so light?

Sunstrider

Disclaimer: I'm not discussing any of my bans, reports, feedbacks, or naming staff. This is just a curious question.

On to the topic...

First off mods, your videos entertain me. It's a perspective we never get to see. But i got to ask, why are some outcomes kickable or slapped with 2W 2D bans?

• Nobody else is around and a player does a 40 point turn because they missed a road. The mod deems it as Kickable. Yet, it's an incorrect way?
  • A troll that has shown intent of near missing others and ramming somebody from bad driving causes an accident right? They get 2W 2D. Then, some speeder passes through the gap to bypass the accident. It's only kickable.
  • A player doing a safe pass over a solid line into oncoming manages to safely overtakes a vehicle. Despite oncoming traffic being a few truck lengths down, that player gets punished.

What i'm curious about, how are some offences overlooked to be "kickable" or not ignored. Despite the behavior the driver is displaying.

Because they somehow thought that overlooking most of the offences somehow magically causes toxicity and hostility from their servers to disappear. They don't want to ban people, because they don't have that many players.

They somehow frorgot that most people will do what they are allowed to do, so what is the only logical result of softening of the rules and punishments and further limiting of reports? If you guessed more toxicity and hostility, you were right. But them player numbers sure look pretty, right? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 1

@Granite is right on TMP wanting to keep as many players as possible by being light on most offenses like recklessly overtaking and almost crashing into oncoming traffic/cutting people off in very populated areas. The player count has gone down by about 2x since SCS convoy mode came out in mid 2021 and it never recovered significantly. I personally haven't played TMP in awhile either. https://stats.truckersmp.com/

TMP have been very hypocrite regarding the rules on "kickable" vs "bannable" offenses. I know it's sometimes hard to define if something deserves a kick only or a ban (or nothing at all). But we should have a clear list of what 100% deserves a ban without any doubt!

Because it's true that you are sometimes wondering why 1 day some offenses are just kicked and the other days people are banned (for the same offenses). People will say it depends on the ban history, but on in-game reports I don't think GMs are checking the history before banning or kicking?

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ rarely checking in-game, but checking after game session on their history

Do you mean that you might just kick or give a small ban to someone in-game, but then after the game session you check the history of these players and adjust their ban depending on their history?

51 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

and if its bannable or kickable it all depends on the situation, yes it might be same offense but still the situation is different based on that is a kickable or bannable offense.

I get it. But I was talking about offenses which are identical with exactly the same context. i.e. I have seen some GMs kicking lots of players in a couple of minutes because they were overtaking a queue from the side of the road or grass. And for the exact same offense & context some GMs were banning the players for a few days

^ indeed a kick or ban depending on the situation - kick - small ban - large ban , and yes we check confirm intern rules.

kicking lots of players sound like there was a mess involving multiple players in a spot, by kicking it will impacts the flow so that other players can continue quick and safely. if banning them obviously they did something against the rules which was not kickable, so it could not be same situation  

7 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ indeed a kick or ban depending on the situation - kick - small ban - large ban , and yes we check confirm intern rules.

kicking lots of players sound like there was a mess involving multiple players in a spot, by kicking it will impacts the flow so that other players can continue quick and safely. if banning them obviously they did something against the rules which was not kickable, so it could not be same situation  

Why not treat it like a web report and adjust accordingly later? The same offenses seem to get a First Time Action issued.

Like Foo says, we need a list. Even if there's multiple players committing offenses, the replay would still show all within the time limit.

^ it is not the same as web reports, cuz with web reports we directly see player history while in-game we don't see that.

the punishment is confirm intern rules, if indeed multiple offenses there should be heavier punishment based on that. The replay does indeed show it all so we act on that, but that is different if we use free cam and look at the situation different because first minutes we missed.

17 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ it is not the same as web reports, cuz with web reports we directly see player history while in-game we don't see that.

the punishment is confirm intern rules, if indeed multiple offenses there should be heavier punishment based on that. The replay does indeed show it all so we act on that, but that is different if we use free cam and look at the situation different because first minutes we missed.

That's great! 

On 9/6/2023 at 11:26 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I think I gave you a very clear example: "i.e. I have seen some GMs kicking lots of players in a couple of minutes because they were overtaking a queue from the side of the road or grass. And for the exact same offense & context some GMs were banning the players for a few days"

Hey everyone,

This message is simply a reminder.

I personally believe topics like such can easily heat up and lead to multiple rule violations.

While discussing this matter, please keep in mind our Forum rules. Specifically, 4.2.

Let's not discuss this matter with personal examples (sharing ban evidences etc.) as it has a great potential to misunderstandings and even rule violations.

That being said, I will monitor this topic at regular intervals.

Kind regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Santos. said:

As said above, it depends on the situation, in my opinion, a simple kick can be a warning sign so that the player understands what he is doing, and if it happens again, the ban applies. 

Agree. But for that you need to have:

1. more in-game moderation to avoid having people thinking it's free for all. Maybe with the new moderation strategy changes there will be a proper shift to strict & organised in-game moderation with lots of kicks/bans to give immediate punishments.
  2. some system to count the number of kicks someone got in the recent days, in order to give a ban if kicks don't have any educational effect.
  • Upvote 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:08 AM, slopoke92 said:

every mod is different when it comes to reports bans exc but ultimately at the end of the day it all depend on what mod seen the report and what kind of mood they was in that day  

Either TruckersMP has rules and guides in place to be followed always and by all TruckersMP team members, or the outcome of a player's punishment depends on their mood, temperament and sympathy.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator