Update to our Game Moderation Strategy

MisterAndeh

On 9/6/2023 at 3:15 PM, DatSpeed said:

I really don't see how we are immune to the system. We are still accountable by any means, you can report every staff members' decisions/actions via Feedback system and it will be reviewed by team managers as said before.

You just won't be given some information excluding some special occasions as you don't actually need it. It's not like we can now do whatever we want. We still have our internal procedures/rules.

You don't need the staff member's information(s) to report them, you can simply link the report on the Feedback ticket or provide your in-game evidence.

The update will prevent most of the "doxxing" and harassment cases which is aimed towards the staff members and not anything else.

In the case of bans, I understand that it's possible to link a report to feedback in situations of unjust punishment. However, within the game, the name of the employee who kicked you from the server is no longer displayed as it used to be. Consequently, it's not possible to file a complaint in this manner unless you have the name of the employee responsible for the action.

13 hours ago, Lua Nova said:

In the case of bans, I understand that it's possible to link a report to feedback in situations of unjust punishment. However, within the game, the name of the employee who kicked you from the server is no longer displayed as it used to be. Consequently, it's not possible to file a complaint in this manner unless you have the name of the employee responsible for the action.

You can still submit a feedback ticket with video evidence complaining about that kick you have received. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2023 at 9:26 PM, Bolle666 said:

5. Completely ignore technical/human failures or minor mistakes made by truckers and don't punish them!!! 2 examples of this I experienced myself... My game is running, I'm in full swing and suddenly my computer went to the desktop by itself, before I was back in the game, 2-3 SEC or more pass, whatever happens, everyone here can imagine... straight ahead and on the Autobahn it usually ends well... but on a country road or in front of a bend... well, stupid!!! The second would be my gamepad, unfortunately the batteries were completely empty... I'm sorry for the one I didn't include on purpose! SORRY But everyone can distinguish something like that and also see it really well in the demos... In the video of the participant it might not really be apparent.

How do you distinguish someone who has a technical problem like you described from a troll who decides to remove his hands from the keyboard/joystick/etc... to crash into someone?

2 hours ago, Geology Rocks said:

You can still submit a feedback ticket with video evidence complaining about that kick you have received. 

Well, unless they have a crystal ball to guess who made the mistake, in my opinion there is no point if the person responsible is not identified.

These are my final considerations.

I haven't played recently due to some health issues, but one of my biggest bugbears was the in-game reports being basically useless because of the workload.

This change is a good thing, if it results in in-game reports actually being handled. Previously it was literally 1% or 2% seen before they expired.

• Upvote 1

Instead of taking responsibility, you hide.

On 9/1/2023 at 4:00 PM, MrAndyTF said:

Furthermore, the fact that every website report will be reviewed at some point has led to a toxic, ‘rec-ban-culture’ forming, where some players make it their mission to report every single rule violation they may come across, no matter how small or trivial, even when it doesn’t impact on their experience majorly.

Hey TruckersMP team,

trying to make oppression respectable again?

Or how comes you now dictate which impact an incident has on my game experience?

One more thing:

As you regard reporting rule violations as a toxic behavior, you officially support and approve the misbehavior that you once claimed to fight.

It seems that either you've resignated to the whining of the majority, or your team has been infiltrated by the perpetrators.

Either way, your recent decisions put the future of your mod in a dangerous downward spiral.

Brace for impact!

• Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

As you regard reporting rule violations as a toxic behavior, you officially support and approve the misbehavior that you once claimed to fight.

It seems like you've completely missed the point of the blog text you quoted in your message. The text doesn't suggest that reporting rule violations is toxic; instead, it emphasizes how an excessive and unnecessary focus on reporting can create a negative atmosphere among players. It's crucial to distinguish between genuine reporting of rule violations and a culture where some players report every minor infraction they encounter, even if it doesn't impact their gameplay.

I've noticed that there are quite a few players on our servers whose sole purpose seems to be reporting others. Some do this with the intention of helping us catch rule violators, but others do it for personal satisfaction, enjoying seeing others get banned. The fact that there's a high number of players engaging in this behavior doesn't help us address the issues we're trying to solve.

We're not hiding the fact that we lack sufficient in-game moderation or enough GMs to review the majority of game reports. We're actively addressing these problems with internal changes, and more improvements are on the way. Our main goal is to increase the number of Game Moderation team members and ensure we have enough GMs moderating busy areas and handling game reports in real-time.

I understand that some players might be upset about the changes to the report system, but they seem to have missed the point of the blog post, which is about our game moderation shifting towards live moderation - a change many of us have been waiting for. While this transition will take time, our team is continuously expanding and seeking ways to further improve the situation.

I've personally had doubts about some decisions made in this project and have never been afraid to voice my concerns when necessary. However, it's essential to remember that if you want to provide feedback, it should be constructive and not misinterpret the main points.

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, CLUSTERTRUCK said:

Sounds like your trying to blame us for this toxic culture that your moderation team has let develop

How exactly? I don't understand this statement.

• Upvote 2

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

3 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

some players report every minor infraction they encounter, even if it doesn't impact their gameplay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't rules set to prevent bad players from impacting the gameplay of other players? And aren't reports made to prevent people from breaking the rules again? Which means to avoid having them impacting the others gameplay? If these players are submitting valid reports (and they are, otherwise they would only be able to submit 1 report per week with the current processing time), this means they are helping prevent others from impacting players gameplay. Otherwise the rules are not properly set.

Your comment is just yet another proof that TMP is getting more and more permissive with bad players.

Some do this with the intention of helping us catch rule violators, but others do it for personal satisfaction, enjoying seeing others get banned. The fact that there's a high number of players engaging in this behavior doesn't help us address the issues we're trying to solve.

And what? Aren't they reporting rules violations? Please remove your rules if you don't want people to make reports against them! That would actually make more sense.

And if they are not making a valid report that doesn't show any offense, you can punish them for repeated bad reports. No problem with that. But don't prevent people from reporting 1%, 10% 50% or 100% of the offenses they are facing!

It's not because some might spam (I don't know how) with bad reports, that the others who are making valid reports should be punished for it.

I understand that some players might be upset about the changes to the report system, but they seem to have missed the point of the blog post, which is about our game moderation shifting towards live moderation - a change many of us have been waiting for. While this transition will take time, our team is continuously expanding and seeking ways to further improve the situation.

Please don't assume people misunderstood you. They just don't see the point of making it harder to report. Do your shift to more in-game moderation (no need to limit the incoming web reports for that). Make sure GMs are present during peak time everyday and do moderate instead of just chatting like some (not all of course). Take even more time to process the web reports. BUT properly ban the offenses you find in-game (and on web reports)! And you will see the number of web reports will go down. Until now it was pretty much no in-game moderation and light bans on web reports with players getting banned 3 times within less than 2 months! Nuts!

2 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

How exactly? I don't understand this statement.

First, I think he/she meant the moderation rules/strategy and not the team itself.

But it's fairly simple to understand:

- Phase 1: we had more new bad players during COVID for many various reasons

- Phase 2: TMP became less attractive, and it has been decided to reduce the punishments, cancel the existing permanent bans, increase the speed limits on EU SIM2 & Promods and organise more racing events

- Phase 3: this new blog message whining there are too many reports. And announcing TMP is making it harder for people to report with bigger limitations (number of reports and age of offenses) and new reporting ban rules (which are harder than bans to prevent you playing)

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2023 at 10:49 AM, SANYA! said:

The administration has a strange tactic, they write that there is a big load on moderators, they can’t cope, but recruitment for game moderators is closed. Where is the logic guys? 😉

Unfortunately, that's what i'm trying to tlak about it, they don't have to do much, only think about strategy

On 9/1/2023 at 9:53 PM, A n t h o n y said:

It seems this could be the start of something I was passionate about when I was in the team yet it felt like Management never had any ‘passion’ about changing it theirselves. 

Limiting web reports? Seems like a cowards way out to be quite honest and won’t change the toxic ‘rec ban’ culture in the slightest.

There is only one thing that will change the culture and allow Moderators to focus more on in game rule violations, however I cannot discuss that here. Let’s just say it’s to do with the activity requirements of a Moderator.

Who knows what the future has in store for the Moderation aspect of TruckersMP, but I hope the decisions behind it aren’t made by the people within Management that never log into the game to actually see the reality of what many players experience day in and out.

Yeah, 

Let me to thank you for your attention and wrote thus. You are maybe the first one who does not care about and say his opinion to the public! 

Thank you! 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

On 9/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, Geology Rocks said:

Why should I spend and waste my time with creating feedback when I know the answer before I will submit that. Thus answer we can hear from everyone"if you want to ask about it - please create s feedback. 

No, thanks. This is not a method we would like to see from management. I really do think i'm not the only one.

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

49 minutes ago, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Why should I spend and waste my time with creating feedback when I know the answer before I will submit that. Thus answer we can hear from everyone"if you want to ask about it - please create s feedback. 

No, thanks. This is not a method we would like to see from management. I really do think i'm not the only one.

They tell you to submit a feedback ticket so that you have a concrete answer to the situation you have experienced, the managers will not give you an answer of something concrete that has happened to you for everyone to look at that answer. You will never know what the manager's answer is if you don't send the feedback, your argument is completely wrong.

• True Story 2

spacer.png

On 9/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, Foobrother said:
On 9/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, Foobrother said:

How do you distinguish someone who has a technical problem like you described from a troll who decides to remove his hands from the keyboard/joystick/etc... to crash into someone?

They are right. But I never think I've experienced a troll that will deliberately step in and other. If I have a technical problem, I continue to continue completely unguided, so from there only what you can see in demos, which are available to the moderators in the game. In recorded videos you may not see this really well, because it is only the view of the recording person.

12 hours ago, Mystere said:

They tell you to submit a feedback ticket so that you have a concrete answer to the situation you have experienced, the managers will not give you an answer of something concrete that has happened to you for everyone to look at that answer. You will never know what the manager's answer is if you don't send the feedback, your argument is completely wrong.

Okey, I didnt mean like thus answer should come only from GM Team, I mean it objectively about all the team. Game Moderators, some of them are afraid about to say something outside of the team in case they could be 99% fired from the team. 

I received few messages from my GM friends, and could say that situation has really changed and I would like to see the things back as it was before 3-4 months ago.. And only last thing, if you want to be like "have some things within the Staff Team" then there would not get any info outside the team, however it does. So playing like we have some private rules, having changed the GM names in report system I think, wasnt neccessary, anyway it's your goal. I can only say that many of people just Lost their motivation to be in the team due to fact that Managers did not gave them a chance. 

Thank you! 

RedWolf [CZ] 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

18 hours ago, Leon Baker said:

It seems like you've completely missed the point of the blog text you quoted in your message. The text doesn't suggest that reporting rule violations is toxic; instead, it emphasizes how an excessive and unnecessary focus on reporting can create a negative atmosphere among players. It's crucial to distinguish between genuine reporting of rule violations and a culture where some players report every minor infraction they encounter, even if it doesn't impact their gameplay.

So I should no longer report the wrong-way driver on the highway, even if it is a clear violation of rules, because it does not significantly affect my own game experience, because the wrong-way driver is not coming towards me and has not hit my truck, because he is separated from me by a guardrail. And as long he hasn't driven towards my own driving and can impact my own gaming experience, he should proceed with it during the next days.
That's about the summary of your statement.

And whether it was a pleasure for me to report such players in the past can't matter to you in the end. Driving instead of reporting others is much more fun, at least for me.
What I don't enjoy, however, is this culture of "I only report something that directly and immediately affects my gameplay", because for me that ultimately leads to the fact that next time I could be the one to whom such a ghost driver breaks the truck, because he was not banned before and could possibly learn and reflect that it is perhaps not so cool when he is driving as a ghost driver on a highway (even if he did not ram me away at that moment, because he was driving in the same direction as me on the lane of the opposite direction).

• Upvote 4