Exploring the New Chat System

Leon Baker

Now this is huge. I wonder if there will be a way to customize the way the emojis look in-game...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

24 minutes ago, Leon Baker said:

Mouse Input Customization

You can now interact with the chat using your mouse by scrolling through the chat and clicking on player names and mentions. To provide the best possible experience, we have enabled mouse input by default. However, we are well aware that many players use mouse input for steering, and we've got you covered! It is possible to disable this feature through the interface settings.

So how do users who use mouse input for steering and mouse buttons for turn signals, lights and wipers actually scroll through the chat? 🤨

@Diamabil, you may need to report the issue to Trucky's developers. 

Also, I've noticed that inputting emojis can be rather difficult, since there will be second cursor, which always snaps to the center of the screen. To actually get emoji in chat, it has to be copied and pasted.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

*opens the chat*  cant see the mirror clearly anymore

*passing by the cd road* people spam in the chat and again you cant see the mirrors clearly

*reworked commands* type /fix and hit enter, you've only selected the command and you must hit enter again to send it 

• Upvote 2

Thank you for your beautiful work 👍

• Upvote 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

So how do users who use mouse input for steering and mouse buttons for turn signals, lights and wipers actually scroll through the chat? 🤨

the chat can still be hidden as you drive though but for some of the actions could move them to a keyboard like wipers if you hit p once they auto go off after that using rain sensors 

blinkers  can go on keyboard too lights keyboard and just keep them turned on 

19 minutes ago, Skyking [SGB] said:

Nice to have the long expected font scaling.

But i still miss an option to place the chat window anywhere on the screen. As i use triple screen, the chat box is always on the lower left of my left screen which is a bit out of my visibility field.

this is the next thing they should add the ability to move the chat window where we want too thatis the only downside for me @Leon Baker  other than that I love the update 

1 hour ago, FoxxDash said:

Finally!  My eyes won't get tired reading text the size of an ant on 1440p. I like this change very much. 

i agree font was hard to read xd 

• Like 1

Thanks to the team for improving the chat. Always nice to see improvements 🙂

1 hour ago, Leon Baker said:

our new font engine supports various character sets, including Chinese, Georgian, and even emojis, ensuring everyone's messages look perfect.

While this seems like an improvement, I'm really scared of the consequences of such improvement on players. It's already painful to watch all these chat messages in all these non-English languages. Now we will add foreign characters and emojis (which will be very lightly used for sure) to the picture 😬

As mentioned on another thread about this new Chat, one great feature would be to allow auto-translation or to mute some specific players who don't write in English (or for other personal reasons).

1 hour ago, Leon Baker said:

Using commands and mentioning other players is easier than ever, as the chat system offers dynamic autocomplete suggestions, making chatting a breeze.

Probably my favourite feature from this release. Especially having the user ID displayed! 👍

1 hour ago, Oblivion69 said:

Nice work ! Can't wait to say "rec" with this new system

Sooooo true, funny and yet sooooo sad!!