"Is claimed?" instead of which GM took the case.

Report system doesn't show person in charge of cases.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's smart move of hiding who in charge of your reports?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Hello all,

Maybe you realized you don't see which GM in charge of your report cases after the web update.

In my opinion, this isn't a wise change. Before, at least we know which GM is following the case, fair or not, and if we doubt the decision, we could directly feedback and contact the right person, now it turns to anonymous, it's like "to whom it may concern", kinda weird to be honest.

We couldn't find the news update post for these changes on web, that's not what TMP users happy to see.

Let's start the discussion.

Kind Regards,
[MCG] StarGuardian KaiSa
ETS2MCG Mod/Kai'Sa Express CEO/TruckersMP Player

On 8/11/2023 at 4:24 PM, Kid Fabi said:

Nothing has changed. You always had to go to feedback if you had a complaint, and always had to provide a link to the report / appeal.

More information on this change will follow up soon

I think he is talking about reports not feedback tickets.

Now you can't see which report moderator processed your report.

Personally I'm neutral because:

• It helps protecting the moderators from people not happy by their decisions
  • But knowing who processed your reports could also help when raising a feedback. i.e. you could complain that this specific moderator doesn't seem to process the reports in the same way as all the others because of x,y,z and you could share the reports in question etc...

• Web Developer
25 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

But knowing who processed your reports could also help when raising a feedback. i.e. you could complain that this specific moderator doesn't seem to process the reports in the same way as all the others because of x,y,z and you could share the reports in question etc...

If you have a complaint against a specific moderator, you usually know their username. A complaint against moderator, as the name says is a complaint against them as a person, not really the decisions they make in reports / appeals. For example, a moderator is rude towards you or you caught them breaking rules in game, you then have a footage and can file a feedback with the complaint against "x" moderator.

If you feel however that your appeal / report wasn't reviewed properly, then you file a complaint against a decision rather than the person itself. Mistakes happen, sometimes a very experienced GM with years of flawless work could have a bad day and click wrong button or something. This is not a reason to claim that the said moderator is bad and doesn't do their job as they should. If you send the report / appeal via the feedback, because you think it was not dealt with correctly, it will be reviewed by management. In case you were right, management / leaders will check other reports / appeals processed by that moderator. Should those be wrong as well, necessary steps will be taken.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kid Fabi said:

In case you were right, management / leaders will check other reports / appeals processed by that moderator. Should those be wrong as well, necessary steps will be taken.

If this is the reality, in that case, yes, no need to know the persons user name. (not sure if that happens often seeing how long it takes GM leads to process the complaints and how busy they must already be)

Still there might be cases when you're not happy but think it's not a big deal and don't open a feedback. But then when you see that the same person made the same decisions several times with other previous reports, you might want to open a feedback request to raise these repeated small issues which make a bigger problem.

Same principle as for kicks for players. You don't open a web report for offenses that deserve only a kick. But if the player makes 10 of these tiny offenses in a short period of time, you might want to raise it in a report to get the player banned for it.

1 hour ago, Kid Fabi said:

If you feel however that your appeal / report wasn't reviewed properly, then you file a complaint against a decision rather than the person itself. Mistakes happen, sometimes a very experienced GM with years of flawless work could have a bad day and click wrong button or something.

This is not a reason to claim that the said moderator is bad and doesn't do their job as they should.

Wrong. The fact that a mistake made by a moderator had negative consequences for a user is the only legitimate reason to claim that the moderator in question did not fulfill his duties in the way he/ she should have.

To be fair, mistakes could also arise due to flawed processes or inadequate training, which needed to be considered and reviewed seperately.

5 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Wrong. The fact that a mistake made by a moderator had negative consequences for a user is the only legitimate reason to claim that the moderator in question did not fulfill his duties in the way he/ she should have.

To be fair, mistakes could also arise due to flawed processes or inadequate training, which needed to be considered and reviewed seperately.

That's not true. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, including me and you as well. NOBODY IS PERFECT. Mistakes are human. Every Report/Game Moderator is an actual human being. If a mistake happens once, there is nothing to complain about, it can happen to everything. That doesn't have to do with a bad training or something else. EVERY  Team member has a private life and it can always happen that you think about something else than the work they have to do. And as Kid Fabi already said, if a major mistake happens again and again, approprite things will be done by leader/management. You can't just expect anyone to be perfect and to never make a mistake. 

• Upvote 2

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

43 minutes ago, Fast-rider said:

If a mistake happens once, there is nothing to complain about

That's my point. You won't file a feedback request for a small mistake that everyone can do.

But what if some specific moderator does these small mistakes very often, too often. And you want to raise that to GM leads? Well now you can't because you don't know if it's the same moderator or 5 different ones who made these small mistakes. Since names are not displayed anymore. 🙄

Does that mean we should raise a feedback ticket each time we see a small mistake so that GM Leads can see if the same moderator did many small mistakes in a short period?

I'm sure GM Leads will be very happy to be flooded we these small mistakes tickets 😆

2 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Does that mean we should raise a feedback ticket each time we see a small mistake so that GM Leads can see if the same moderator did many small mistakes in a short period?

This still hasn’t changed. I don’t know how exactly it is running since I am not in the Game Moderation Team but I think if a small mistake happens once, the Game Moderator might only be told to correct it. But the leader/managers can see if mistakes are happening repeatedly. So just if you write a feedback because of a small mistake, it doesn’t automatically mean that the Game Moderator gets big trouble, but it could help the leaders/manager finding the cause of the mistake to improve the Game Moderation work. And in the end, it isn’t your job to review the work of a game moderator and tell if a mistake happens more often or just once. Therefore, we have the leaders and manager who have a lot of experience within this work. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

10 minutes ago, Fast-rider said:

This still hasn’t changed. I don’t know how exactly it is running since I am not in the Game Moderation Team but I think if a small mistake happens once, the Game Moderator might only be told to correct it. But the leader/managers can see if mistakes are happening repeatedly. So just if you write a feedback because of a small mistake, it doesn’t automatically mean that the Game Moderator gets big trouble, but it could help the leaders/manager finding the cause of the mistake to improve the Game Moderation work. And in the end, it isn’t your job to review the work of a game moderator and tell if a mistake happens more often or just once. Therefore, we have the leaders and manager who have a lot of experience within this work. 

So if I understand you, you are saying "don't wait to see many small mistakes by the same moderator and just raise them all to the GM Leads who will decide if the cumulation of them deserves a warning/sanction."

OK, but, at least from my point of view, that means much more feedback requests opened.

Regarding the report, I personally said that this is hidden in the problem of not hiding:

One * This is hidden, but the player can't see the handler unilaterally, but the reality is that since they are all game staff or management department, is it necessary to hide it?

Second, the reporting system continues to be hot, whether it is understaffed or ignored by the management department. . .

Three * is an unnecessary report, and it is the beginning of the ban when it comes to the management department. . .

There are so many violations of road regulations in the game, and how many are banned in real time?

Five * If you have patrols all the time in your game, the reporting system will not be so crowded.

There is also "joining the team". There must be no ban within 12 months, and some bans are implemented by rules that you don't have. . . Anyway, you are the eldest brother, and you have the final say about the rules of the game. You will do whatever it takes to enforce the ban.

Greetings from TruckersMP sponsor "ETS2- sponsor"!

期待大家的支持和订阅,谢谢!

truckersmp-logo.png   1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

1 hour ago, ETS2-Sponsor said:

Regarding the report, I personally said that this is hidden in the problem of not hiding:

One * This is hidden, but the player can't see the handler unilaterally, but the reality is that since they are all game staff or management department, is it necessary to hide it?

Second, the reporting system continues to be hot, whether it is understaffed or ignored by the management department. . .

Three * is an unnecessary report, and it is the beginning of the ban when it comes to the management department. . .

There are so many violations of road regulations in the game, and how many are banned in real time?

Five * If you have patrols all the time in your game, the reporting system will not be so crowded.

There is also "joining the team". There must be no ban within 12 months, and some bans are implemented by rules that you don't have. . . Anyway, you are the eldest brother, and you have the final say about the rules of the game. You will do whatever it takes to enforce the ban.

Greetings from TruckersMP sponsor "ETS2- sponsor"!

This change was not implemented to reduce the load on the web report system.

• Like 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

16 hours ago, Fast-rider said:

That's not true. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, including me and you as well. NOBODY IS PERFECT. Mistakes are human. Every Report/Game Moderator is an actual human being. If a mistake happens once, there is nothing to complain about, it can happen to everything. That doesn't have to do with a bad training or something else. EVERY  Team member has a private life and it can always happen that you think about something else than the work they have to do. And as Kid Fabi already said, if a major mistake happens again and again, approprite things will be done by leader/management. You can't just expect anyone to be perfect and to never make a mistake. 

It is true what I wrote, and your answer indicates that you didn't understand the point of my post.

Again:

If a moderator makes a mistake in his work, any person harmed by the mistake can hold him responsible and report him for not fulfilling his duty.

Read it again.

A mistake is a valid reason for a report.

This fact is and remains true regardless of the severity and/ or number of mistake(s) made, of his or her work experience, of the number of years served without mistakes, of being human, having a private life, etc.

The harmed party alone decides whether a mistake is worth reporting or not. He or she can additionally take the above into consideration, but he or she isn't required to.

Also, please read again and try to understand that "mistakes could also arise due to flawed processes or inadequate training".

This doesn't mean it has to, but it shouldn't be ruled out on principle.

I hope this makes my point understandable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.