What İs Wrong And Right Here?

Almira xeltz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQOxTuABz0&ab_channel=burak_keles

I'm here today with a new title.

While travelling on the DC Road, an event occurred and a different concept emerged.
All the details are available in the video I have given.

Please share with me with all transparency what you think is right or wrong here.

3RapOpo.png  

1st Mistake in my Opinion: You are driving 110 kph in an Area where the Road Speed for Trucks is 60kph ( Look at your Advisor) !

2nd Mistake: You are going to Overtake, before the Truck in Front finished the Overtaking first!

Both Mistakes caused a dangerous Situation because you were not able to see whats coming from the Opposite Direction and you decided to stop your Overtaking Maneuver. Unfortunately the Truck that came from behind was also too fast and misjudged the Situation. Luckily, you were able to seeing him and more lucky, during this reckless driving of both of you, there came no other Truck from the opposite Lane and nothing worse happen. So overall it is a regular Reckless Driver Situation that happen every few Seconds on this Road!

I guess, TruckersMP should better ban the normal Simplay Driver, like the One that you going to overtake, because they are causing too much Trouble and Dangerous Situations with their Rule Obeying Driving Style!

Hello @Almira xeltz.,

I don't think that you're the actual wrong person in this case. ID368 must wait until you successfully complete your overtake. If something happens like in this video ID368 should keep his safe distance and give you a space to move back to your lane. Unfortunately in this case you have a mistake. You shouldn't overtake until ID224 successfully complete his overtake. 

In my opinion there is a both have a mistake but as I said above you're not the actual wrong person in this case.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

In my opinion, it is evident that you were in the wrong in this situation. Before overtaking a slower player in front of you, it is imperative that you pay attention to your map to check for incoming players from the opposite lane. Additionally, you must be aware of any players behind you. If you fail to overtake safely, as seen in the provided video, the player behind you will not have enough time to brake and allow you to return to your lane. Even if the player behind you knew you were going to slow down and return behind the player with the train trailer, they would not have sufficient time to brake. In such a scenario, it would be your fault for inappropriate overtaking. Alternatively, you could have parked in the grass on the left side of the road to avoid causing any disruption. My advice to you, if you are an impatient driver who dislikes driving behind slower players, is to ensure that it is entirely safe to overtake before doing so.

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • Awesome! 1

Thank you for your evaluation. :HaulieLove:

Thank you for your evaluation. Yes, it's one of those rare good things that happens, and it's good to learn from it. :HaulieLove:

Yes, it seems so, and my aim there was not to go slow with the car in front of me. :HaulieLove:

thank you for all your feedback. Yes, my aim here was to better understand the wrong and right actions with you. :HaulieLove:

3RapOpo.png  

Hi there@Almira xeltz.!

I always go with the speed limit of the respective road neither more nor less because I don't want to put anyone in danger. As a result I receive press messages:

"Go faster @Serg1os" , ''why are you going so late?" and various other things

However, TruckersMP should be stricter in road traffic issues, the game should be allowed for users who have a driver's license even for a car, namely users over 18 years old.

Because I went way off topic which is not about this topic.

I want to say that you yourself are responsible for the whole incident because you are speeding too much, also there is no safety distance and finally you were too late to react by braking.

Yours sincerely

@Serg1os

First its your fault you have to be see the clear road there is no oncoming from other lane and you made  a rush to overtake too quickly be patience too wait others complete overtaking then you can safely overtake.

Second fault is 368 he's trying to block you and don't give you permission to back to lane.

• HaulieLove 1

On 6/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, Almira xeltz. said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwQOxTuABz0&ab_channel=burak_keles

I'm here today with a new title.

While travelling on the DC Road, an event occurred and a different concept emerged.
All the details are available in the video I have given.

Please share with me with all transparency what you think is right or wrong here.

I think you were not wrong in this situation.

At the start, you made the small mistake of starting the overtake while 224 did not yet complete his. However, when you started overtaking, the GPS showed the other lane was completely clear and it was safe to overtake. When you were already in the other lane next to 787 a blue dot appeared on the GPS and you chose to abort the overtake attempt which was the right thing to do. You indicated right as soon as you were aborting the overtake, letting drivers behind you know you were coming back into the lane.

This is where 368 was in the wrong. They had plenty of time to see you abort the overtake and could have easily braked on time to let you back in safely. However, they did not even slow down a little bit and actually wanted to overtake 787 as you can see them moving into the other lane slightly before changing their mind. Their actions ultimately caused a dangerous situation.

• HaulieLove 1

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >

• 2 weeks later...

I often find myself in such a situation, the best thing you can do is stop briefly on the left side of the meadow and drive when there is free. 

The mistake is yours: It is clear that you are driving too fast, which could be justified by the fact that you want to overtake. but the main mistake is that right after the truck wants to overtake you, you change to the left lane. You don't know what the truck in front of you is like, and here you have seen what can happen. But I don't think it's so tragic, just reclassify it and move on

Have fun driving!

On 6/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, Almira xeltz. said:

You exceed the maximum speed limit.

You start an overtaking maneuver without having an overview of the course of the road or other road users.

Driving carelessly and needlessly in willful and wanton disregard to the safety of others is considered a violation of §2.5 - Reckless Driving.

Hello @Almira xeltz.,

First of all thank you for taking the time to ask this question. 

In my opinion, first of all it is wrong to travel at a speed higher than the allowed limit. Whether it's for cars or trucks, the rule is the same. Maybe the limits are different but we all have to respect them.

I don't know at what speed the truck was overtaking but overtaking is okay if there are no oncoming vehicles in the immediate vicinity.
In my opinion you could have waited before moving into the oncoming lane to overtake because you couldn't see the oncoming traffic on the other side (because you already had a truck ahead of you which was overtaking and blocking your visibility) so... after the truck had completed the overtaking, if there were no other oncoming vehicles, you could have overtaken.

Secondly... You were right not to overtake and I guess you noticed from the navigator that a skoda was arriving. The truck behind you would have to slow down to get you back into your proper lane though. Instead he accelerated to pass you and this is wrong.

However, I advise you never to go behind a truck that is already overtaking because if the truck in front of you in overtaking fails to complete in time, you too will have an accident. Or if the truck stops overtaking and you immediately find another truck in front of you coming from the opposite direction... You wouldn't have time to get back into the lane keeping your distance from the truck you passed.

Regards, 

ROMANISTA [ITA] 

TruckersMP Veteran Player 

1329247034_role_ReportModerator(1).png.9

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

How did you determine that the following truck driver accelerated his vehicle? 🤔

At 0.21 in the video, the trucker behind him was a long way off and then accelerated to pass him. I think if he had kept the same speed, he could have gotten back on his lane. Did you know that according to European road laws, it is absolutely forbidden to overtake from the right? Plus... he also had the arrow on to get back into the lane. Or perhaps you mean that the player with ID 368 was right to outrun him? 🤔

The player with ID 368 could have stayed behind.

I also think it is need to accelerate to overtake, right? 🤔

Personally, if I had been in player ID 368's place, I would have slowed down instead of overtaking him.

On 6/26/2023 at 5:39 PM, TimeTimes said:

This is where 368 was in the wrong. They had plenty of time to see you abort the overtake and could have easily braked on time to let you back in safely. However, they did not even slow down a little bit and actually wanted to overtake 787 as you can see them moving into the other lane slightly before changing their mind. Their actions ultimately caused a dangerous situation.

Yes @TimeTimes, I totally agree with you.

Why accelerate to overtake on the right when you see that another player puts the arrow to return? it does not make sense. The player ID 368 would have created more danger for a collision.

23 minutes ago, ROMANISTA [ITA] said:

At 0.21 in the video, the trucker behind him was a long way off and then accelerated to pass him. I think if he had kept the same speed, he could have gotten back on his lane. Did you know that according to European road laws, it is absolutely forbidden to overtake from the right? Plus... he also had the arrow on to get back into the lane. Or perhaps you mean that the player with ID 368 was right to outrun him? 🤔

The player with ID 368 could have stayed behind.

I also think it is need to accelerate to overtake, right? 🤔

Personally, if I had been in player ID 368's place, I would have slowed down instead of overtaking him.

What can be seen in the video is that the overtaking driver slows down his vehicle to merge back to the right lane, which makes the following vehicle appear to accelerate.

I agree that the turn signal to indicate the intended merge has been used in a timely manner and gave following traffic sufficient time to react to the situation, e.g. by slowing down and/ or letting the vehicle merge back.

Road traffic rules allow the overtaking on the right only in specific constellations and situations, and only with a small speed difference.

The above shown situation however is not one of them.

Always maintain following distance and make sure you follow the rules, including speed rules. As far as I can see, there was no accident here, but it could have happened, but I think it would be useful to keep the following distance and constantly analyze the road thank you.

Kind regards,

ROSMERY

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support