problem/solutions for the Calais Duisburg road

"RICKY"

Hello truckers. 

We all know what the CD road is like. Lately my travels didn't go there but yesterday I decided to go there. 

And I say I've never seen a total disregard for traffic laws and TMP rules. many will answer that I should have reported them, if I did I think I would fill my 20 slots ?

In your opinion, what is your experience on this road and what will be the best solution for the same problem? Total disregard for the rules of the TMP

As we know the moderation team does its best and we thank you for that. We also have the notion that the reporting system is too high for the number of reports that are made. 

One idea might be for the moderation team to be more present on this road. 

Why did you created Thread Number 313 with this Topic, instead of using the still open existing Threads?

There is no Solution for this Road, if there is only 1 Server, that provide the Default Game/Map for all Players! All Players, who want a nearly Simulated Gameplay (with Collision), need to share this Server. You have all Vairitys of Players with a Age  from  5 Years till 99 Years, with different Experience, Mentalitys, Skills in Driving and Social behavior.

I play this Game since 2016 and in all of these Years, Rule Changes, Server Setting Changes and other Improvements, TruckersMP were never able to improve the Players behavior, if the Player itself is not motivated to change it.  Crowded Areas are a Mess, reagardless which Multiplayer Game you play!  This Road and the Citys near it are a "Warzone" with no Rules of Engagement ( Driving and Chat). And i can not Blame TruckersMP in this Case, because it is not their fault, that so many People acting there like "Psycho Egomaniacs"!

If you driving there, you doing it on your own risk! If you driving there, you should better be able to run a recording program while playing! If you driving there, you should have enough spare slots for reporting on website!

21 minutes ago, Halaskâr said:

In order not to get nervous, it is best not to drive on that road, it is not the only place, there are many beautiful roads, enjoyable rides.

Thank you in advance for your feedback. 

I'm not a player who goes through this road a lot and yes there is a lot of map to explore but there are many players who maybe only have this road in the game ??

25 minutes ago, Fummelprinz said:

Por que você criou o Tópico Número 313 com este Tópico, em vez de usar os Tópicos existentes ainda abertos?

Não há Solução para este Caminho, se houver apenas 1 Servidor, que forneça o Jogo/Mapa Padrão para todos os Jogadores! Todos os Jogadores, que desejam uma Jogabilidade quase Simulada (com Colisão), precisam compartilhar este Servidor. Você tem todas as vaidades de jogadores com idade de 5 anos a 99 anos, com diferentes experiências, mentalidades, habilidades na condução e comportamento social.

Eu jogo este jogo desde 2016 e em todos esses anos, mudanças de regras, mudanças de configuração de servidor e outras melhorias, a TruckersMP nunca conseguiu melhorar o comportamento dos jogadores, se o próprio jogador não estiver motivado a mudá-lo. Áreas lotadas são uma bagunça, independentemente de qual jogo multijogador você joga! Esta estrada e as cidades próximas a ela são uma "zona de guerra" sem regras de engajamento (condução e bate-papo). E eu não posso culpar TruckersMP neste caso, porque não é culpa deles, que tantas pessoas agindo lá como "Psico-Egomaníacos"!

Se você dirige até lá, está fazendo por sua conta e risco! Se você estiver dirigindo até lá, será melhor poder executar um programa de gravação enquanto estiver jogando! Se você estiver dirigindo até lá, deverá ter slots sobressalentes suficientes para relatar no site!

thanks for your feedback.

We've all played some longer, some less, and I think we all want the same thing, to improve TMP so we can have more players.

Yes, you're right, it's a topic that has been discussed many times here on the forum, the team has also changed the rules many times on this road, but we still haven't found the solution.

maybe among us players there will be an idea to solve this problem. But if we don't exchange ideas and opinions, we will never find a solution. 

Hey Guys,

here we go for the hundredth time.

there’s no solution, if there was one, they would just find another road, and another one.

in every game that provides a multiplayer platform, there’s trolls and rule breakers, they’ve always existed and they’ll always will.

on TruckersMP, what you can do is:

Avoid those areas

Avoid the C-D Road

if you don’t, play by the rules, record, report and move on, simple as that.

this kind of topic isn’t worth anymore to be honest, but it’s only my humble opinion 

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The curiousity in my thought is, what would happen if the C-D road is closed for "maintenance" for example for one week.

What will the players do, they stop playing for one week? Will they go to another area like the Alps road?

Or what if the whole area is NCZ like the city of Duisburg itself?

Not likely ideas, but just the thought of it. I'm curious about that though. 

22 minutes ago, _The Witcher_ said:

Ei pessoal,

aqui vamos nós pela centésima vez.

não há solução, se houvesse, eles simplesmente encontrariam outro caminho, e outro.

em todo jogo que oferece uma plataforma multiplayer, há trolls e infratores de regras, eles sempre existiram e sempre existirão.

no TruckersMP, o que você pode fazer é:

Evite essas áreas

Evite a estrada do CD

se não, siga as regras, registre, denuncie e siga em frente, simples assim.

esse tipo de tópico não vale mais pra ser sincero, mas é só minha humilde opinião 

yes the topic has been discussed many times and we never got a solution for it. maybe we will find a solution. 

1 hour ago, _The Witcher_ said:

Hey Guys,

here we go for the hundredth time.

there’s no solution, if there was one, they would just find another road, and another one.

in every game that provides a multiplayer platform, there’s trolls and rule breakers, they’ve always existed and they’ll always will.

on TruckersMP, what you can do is:

Avoid those areas

Avoid the C-D Road

if you don’t, play by the rules, record, report and move on, simple as that.

this kind of topic isn’t worth anymore to be honest, but it’s only my humble opinion 

Yes, CD Road is not the only road, there are other routes, which are also possible. You can see a very good scenery. When you play games alone, I think the mentality is the most important. If you have a good mentality, you should choose other good routes. Well, Ken could go on these roads and cause unavoidable situations to other players! These are my personal opinions, of course others have different opinions... Welcome to talk to each other!

Not only the subject has been discussed so much that it's completely exhausted by now, the "possible" solutions have been discussed too and none of them will work. Even if TMP decided to hire a team of moderators "for real", paying them a salary so the road could be watched 24/7, sooner rather than later the players would simply switch to another place, same as with all other suggested solutions. The problem wouldn't be solved, only moved to another road.

When some players don't want to behave, there's no possible solution. Because TMP staff can change the map, the road, the rules, etc. But they can't change the players. Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Não só o assunto foi discutido tanto que está completamente esgotado, as soluções "possíveis" também foram discutidas e nenhuma delas funcionará. Mesmo que o TMP decidisse contratar uma equipe de moderadores "de verdade", pagando-lhes um salário para que a estrada pudesse ser vigiada 24 horas por dia, 7 dias por semana, mais cedo ou mais tarde os jogadores simplesmente mudariam para outro local, como em todas as outras soluções sugeridas. O problema não seria resolvido, apenas movido para outra estrada.

Quando alguns jogadores não querem se comportar, não há solução possível. Porque o pessoal do TMP pode mudar o mapa, a estrada, as regras, etc. Mas eles não podem mudar os jogadores. Simples assim.

thanks for your feedback. 

So, in your view, there is no solution to the problem, life taught me one thing, there is a solution for everything, just human beings look for it. 

Lots of human beings have been looking for that solution for years and didn't find it. This N-th topic about it is clear proof of that.

EDIT: Or, to be more precise, THERE IS a solution to stop the chaos, the recklessness, the endless reports/bans, the rule breaking. Make all servers non-collisions. But that would kill TruckersMP and solving an illness by killing the patient doesn't sound like the best move to make.

EDIT 2: Of course, to also stop the swearing and insulting, besides making the servers non collisions, the voice and text chat would need to be removed.

Unfortunately, the number of troll players and players who do not follow the rules does not end. As you said, the moderation team is doing their best. Unfortunately, in every game there is a group of players who do not follow the rules. The number of these players can be reduced, but I think it will never be completely finished.

Have a nice ride.?

I've been driving in real life for 10 years. I see what simulation drivers are called safe and unsafe. There are people who are lazy to read the TMP rules and there are people who have no real life driving experience, almost all of them are children. They don't have a driver's license, they really don't have any experience.

2 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

life taught me one thing, there is a solution for everything, just human beings look for it. 

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

in my dictionary there is no word give up

I really admire that attitude and your broad knowledge of words, it is something worth aspiring to.

You are correct - of course a solution exists ( ! )

What is the source of the problem on that road? It's the players! (and the fact that there isn't and never will be an efficient and fool-proof way of distinguishing between serious players and trolls)

How do we get rid of the problem? ? by removing the source of the problem!

Ban all players. No players = no problems. You're welcome ? good job!

You know what the only problem here is? People insisting that there is a problem. Yes, the C-D road is a nightmare, but it's a nightmare concentrated on a very tiny portion of the map, just don't drive there, and let those people crash and ram in peace. You have the whole of the rest of the map to enjoy.

I agree that it's just a never ending story and you won't be able to stop having trolls. But I think you can reduce them.

I know it won't prevent them to come back (if they really want to), but when I look at my reports history and see people with accounts opened this year and with already 5 bans, I can't stop thinking these accounts should be permanently banned/deleted ?

15 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Concordo que é apenas uma história sem fim e você não vai conseguir parar de ter trolls. Mas acho que você pode reduzi-los.

Eu sei que isso não vai impedir que eles voltem (se eles realmente quiserem), mas quando eu olho para o meu histórico de relatórios e vejo pessoas com contas abertas este ano e já com 5 banimentos , eu não consigo parar de pensar que essas contas deveriam ser permanentemente banido/excluído ?

Hello truck driver.

Yes, there used to be a permanent ban, now it's over for certain occurrences. If the permanent ban came to bring more players to TMP? Yes No doubt. 

If it came to bring more players willing to play for real and have fun No. In this case the TMP is much worse. 

21 minutes ago, ANTON74 said:

Admiro muito essa atitude e seu amplo conhecimento das palavras, é algo que vale a pena aspirar.

Você está correto - é claro que existe uma solução ( ! )

Qual é a origem do problema nessa estrada? São os jogadores! (e o fato de que não há e nunca haverá uma maneira eficiente e infalível de distinguir entre jogadores sérios e trolls)

Como nos livramos do problema? ?removendo a fonte do problema!

Banir todos os jogadores . Sem jogadores = sem problemas. De nada  ?bom trabalho!

Sabe qual é o único problema aqui? Pessoas insistindo que há um problema. Sim, a estrada do CD é um pesadelo, mas é um pesadelo concentrado em uma porção muito pequena do mapa, apenas não dirija até lá e deixe essas pessoas baterem e baterem em paz. Você tem todo o resto do mapa para desfrutar.

Thank you for your words. 

It was not necessary to ban all players, it was enough to banish those who only play to spoil the game of others. 

It's a part of the map that I don't walk there much, but seeing another point I spent money to play the entire map and I'm entitled to go there. ?

The next stage of ETS2 rework, will be Switzerland. Although not yet official, it is much smaller than Austria, so it probably takes less time.

A quick glimpse on the map and it's logical that after that, Luxembourg, Belgium and Netherlans must be next and the all 3 combined aren't much larger than Austria.

So, enjoy the time, there is still plenty remaining, but the disappearance of this road from ETS2 isn't very distant future or unrealistic when you look how Germany and Austria turned out. 

That is, the only solution for this road is SCS Software, not TruckersMP, but what happens after that, will the "idiots" find and occupy new place? The herd will probably follow their masters somewhere else.

Even if SCS changed that road in a future rework of the area, there are too many (just one would be one too many) youtubers whose main "artwork" is based on "Funny moments" or "Idiots on the road". They'd find a new road, similar to what they have currently with the C-D one and in a couple of days, hundreds of their video followers would flood the new road.

Yes, that would leave the C-D road problem solved. But then, new topics would be opened discussing "problems and solutions for the X-Y road"... This is what I meant when I said "There's no solution". As long as there are players wanting to have chaos, there will be chaos, no matter what TMP or SCS do. And there will always be players like that. It's in the nature of any multiplayer game.

I seriously don't get why people complain about C-D road. You don't HAVE to be there. It's not important to be there. You can go anywhere. Even if you are delivering legit cargo from Calais to Duisburg there is a nice motorway you can use right next to the C-D road. If you feel like it's a nightmare to drive on that road, then don't go there. But if you decide to go there, then do your duty as a TMP player and report the rule breakers. Don't complain about rule breakers if you are not ready to do something about it.

I've been around on TMP since 2014 - I have seen a bit. Busy areas change all the time. Back in the days it was Rotterdam and Amsterdam. If you liked busy roads then you went there. If you didn't or your computer couldn't handle it, then you avoided that area. And that's what people need to learn when playing TMP. Just because there is a busy area doesn't mean you HAVE to visit that area.

I'll get sad if TMP decides to change/close the roads just because some people don't like the road. Game moderators are going up and down that road all the time and doing their best. If they miss something, then help them out and file a report. Yes, you'll use most of your slots doing that. But then you'll be free to do whatever once you leave that road you didn't like being on anyway.

I kind of enjoy C-D road. About once a day I take a trip up and down that road. I follow the speedlimit (yes, even the 60 zone), and people hate me for it. But I see myself as a "speed bump" slowing down the rule breakers and making that stretch around me safer. I rarely get a lot of damage on that road, most of the time I don't even get damage. So for me that road is just a busy road, and not a dangerous road. Just keep your distance and be alert and you will be fine.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

17 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

As long as there are players wanting to have chaos, there will be chaos, no matter what TMP or SCS do. And there will always be players like that. It's in the nature of any multiplayer game.

I don't think the majority of the players on CD road want chaos. I just think they like the high density road and want to go there. They don't plan on causing chaos. They just don't know, that going 110 km/h will cause chaos if something happens in front of them.

I am not a fan of restricting the freedom of choice, but I think the road will be a lot safer if a speedlimiter of 90 km/h was put in place just like in the old days before the 110 limit. I don't want to see it done. If more people would do as me and act like "speed bumps" following the speed limit on that road, then it would be safer.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

Hey there!

This subject is quite sensitive. As you may know already the route Calais-Duisburg is often used by trolls who does NOT follow rules and traffic law atall.

The honest truth here would be that we cannot do anything about it. You can report a player that is breaking the rules, but you cannot change the game without someone to find another way to troll around.

At this point most players who are well-known with the CD, often avoids that area in order to get rid of the trolls. However the route is still filled because everyone else (including me) comes there because of the traffic itself. 

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

Archived