DBus+TMP

"RICKY"

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

No, the goal is to play with everyone. A server especially for buses I think will be a bad idea. Anyway they dont have enough money to open a new server ? (look the patreon stats)

Guest Aurris

Not really a point in doing that, buses are actually safer than trucks as they don't have a trailer attached and they almost never go faster than 80km/h. 2 different servers with collisions enabled will be harder to moderate and I very much think that most people are gonna play on server 2 anyway.

Buses will be available for everyone, they don't require any DLC to work and the map is not changed, AFAIK. So I don't see why a separate server should be necessary. It makes sense to have Promods servers because the map (even the base game one) is massively modified in Promods Europe, which could create lots of issues for people not having Promods if it were enabled in all servers.

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

Herkese merhaba. 

İşte bir soru ve fikrinizi duymak istiyorum. TMP sadece otobüsler için sunucu açmalı mı  ?

Örnek: 

Sunucu 1 - kamyonlar ve arabalar 

sunucu 2-Otobüs, kamyon ve araba

I don't think so. Just as we can play with cars on the same server, the bus will be the same. (my opinion) But you don't know, they can open it on a separate server for bus mods. So we have to wait and see.?

spacer.png

Steam Youtube  | Truckersmp

Discord Nick: Whiτe.#0002

27 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

thanks in advance for all your answers.

I asked this because many players are already against cars in TMP I quote "this is a truck game not cars".now we will have buses will it not drive away players? In my opinion I don't see a problem. 

You are welcome ?, but if they say that, remind them that TMP it's a modification ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Lets see how people "adopt" it and if it gets attention/traction. And then, depending on how it evolves and how TMP decide to develop it with more features, the question could come up about making a separate server to have 1 simulation server with buses and 1 without.

But this will automatically split/reduce the number of players on the same server which is a big problem imo. We would need to have more players (especially ones fans of buses) to do a dedicated server with buses. We are a looooong way from that I think.

Personally, I find non-truck vehicles useless in a truck simulation game multiplayer server. ?

Passenger vehicles should only be at the authorities. Because people who think of themselves in F1 races in real terms use these cars a lot. They are much more than players who use it properly. ?

The subject of the bus will add excitement as it will be a novelty, but in my opinion, what is the meaning of the bus in the truck simulation game? ?

However, I would like to end my answer by answering the question as follows. Opening another server and dividing the number of players will affect the activity a lot in my opinion. Having everything on the same server or continuation of the same conditions on 2 servers (Simulation 1-2) can also be one of the options. ?

Hey I Shadel

I think dividing servers is also dividing players. Not everyone may like buses, they just like to drive trucks. Not much will change for players like this, they just want to go to crowded places. SEPARATION OF servers is not very positive, I think it will do nothing but separate the players, we will see the skodas and bus drivers, I hope it will be used carefully and nicely for everyone.

Kind Regards

Shadel

TruckersMP Veteran Driver I

2 hours ago, "RICKY" said:

tüm cevaplarınız için şimdiden teşekkürler.

Bunu sordum çünkü birçok oyuncu TMP'de arabalara karşı zaten "bu araba değil bir kamyon oyunu" alıntı yapıyorum. şimdi otobüslerimiz olacak oyuncuları uzaklaştırmayacak mı? Bana göre bir problem görmüyorum. 

Of course, the situation will be the same for buses in skodas, after a while the enthusiasm will subside and we will see mixed vehicles in the game, a certain majority will still use trucks, but I think it's good to have different alternatives. As a result, I agree with the idea of adding vehicles to the game, and as long as it's nice, it shouldn't be a problem. .

Kind Regards

Shadel

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

Fist off, DBus World is not a simple "truck that looks like a bus" mod, which you could only drive around freely just like Sout car, because ETS2 is obviously not made to support buses.

You can use it that way, there are 4 buses with custom sounds and physics to choose from, though initially, TMP is going to support only one, but for full experience, you need to download a DBus World client which will track your position. 

This is a workaround to add bus functionality and make "jobs" with buses possible, although there's still a lot of imitations, technically you are still freeroaming but the client allows to simulate bus lines with timetables in ETS2 (ATS is not supported). Multiple maps are supported, including default map and Promods and some maps in 1:1 which are really great for buses.

If TMP was aiming to add just another freeroam vehicle with no functionality, we would probably already be tired of it by now, but integrating DBus World client within TruckersMP is much more complicated, at least that's what I think.

I really hope for full integration and support without the need of separate server, but I am also afraid that this hardcore bus simulation with strict timetables will only attract small ammount of players, most people will just take bus and race around C-D or alpine road (and fail miserably at that), which pretty much defeats all purpose and hard work put into this by both TMP and DBus World developers.

Nevertheless, I will definitely try it, if fully integrated, otherwise I will just stick to singleplayer like I am most of the time, unless we finally get AI traffic. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator. 

• Nody locked this topic

Archived