Do you sometimes not give way on lower-priority road?

Ferynacz98765

In most of the cases, "giving way" is something that drivers interpret as letting the others pass before you can. While this is true, do you sometimes cut off the drivers in priority road while having a good reason (let's say "otherwise I would not be able to get out") ? Basically when you obstruct them, but most likely couldn't be blamed for the accident?

Hi ?

Yes, I do not think you will get a ban because you gave way in case of giving a wrong way unless you do a wrong move.

Yes, it is a very important situation to give way, when people do not give way to each other, traffic locks up, but if they wait a little more patience, it will eliminate a big problem for both us and the other side.

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

Failing to give way, when required by traffic rules, will always put a blame on you, if you cause accident, there are couple of scenarios, that I can think of, when you could object:

• Entering intersection in the very last moment while traffic light changes fom green to red, and getting rammed by someone from other direction. If you are not sure for how long the green light will last, do not aproach traffic lights at full speed.
  • Getting rammed by someone ignoring stop sign on a 4-way stop junction - these can be found in ATS only.
  • Accident caused by excessive speeding in a zone with reduced speed limits, when you coudln't see them coming - for example Amsterdam or Rotterdam motorway/city street intersection

There aren't any good reasons to not give way, there only bad ones, with bad cosequences, usually. Even if you "obstruct" them and they avoid collision, causing them to brake hard or stop, you can still be reported for recklessness, imagine there is someone following behind them.

I'd add to this and say you should get to know when it is your right of way and when it isn't. Most countries have white lines painted across the road (not the central lane dividers) where you are expected to shop and give way to oncoming traffic. If you can learn basic road rules like this and apply them, you'll find *most* of the countries in ETS2 have similar systems/lines in place to indicate who's right of way it is.

Where you have the right of way, but letting someone else through to ease traffic on their side (maybe people behind them are waiting for them to get out of the way by turning!) then you get to be the good guy/gal.... Always try to be the good guy/gal! ;)

I agree with what others have said and I always give way.

I certainly wouldn't block one lane to turn left, as this is against tmp rules (blocking) and many players won't expect this and won't be able to stop in time. 

Waiting 30 seconds and not causing an incident is better and more time efficient than waiting 5 and causing one. 

Regards,

Quality Productions

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

On 9/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ferynacz98765 said:

In most of the cases, "giving way" is something that drivers interpret as letting the others pass before you can. While this is true, do you sometimes cut off the drivers in priority road while having a good reason (let's say "otherwise I would not be able to get out") ? Basically when you obstruct them, but most likely couldn't be blamed for the accident?

Disregarding the way of right is one of the main causes of accidents in road traffic.

If you have to give way of right...

... you may only continue your driving if the one that has the right of way is neither endangered nor significantly hindered.

The violation of this rule because of impatience will likely lead to a ban if reported or seen by an Game Moderator.
My general advice is to be patient in traffic and wait your turn.

You sometimes will find other players that will let you pass.

Drive safely!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ferynacz98765 said:

No, never. I obey the rules of IRL and apply then in the game. The ones that don't like this are the kids and for a good reason - they don't know them yet, because they are under the age requirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived