No more Spambots?

Krutel

Question

I figured, since you have to sign in through steam to create an account on this forum, that there would be no more annoying and pointless spambots around anymore, if this is the case, yay! rejoice, (unless they create a steam account.... then screw them)

19 answers to this question

lol. We are hoping that the new forums will stop the spam bots from entering however, we can't always guarantee things will / will not happen, therefore should the dreaded spambot gain access then you will notice how quick they are removed from the new forums

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.

I figured, since you have to sign in through steam to create an account on this forum, that there would be no more annoying and pointless spambots around anymore, if this is the case, yay! rejoice, (unless they create a steam account.... then screw them)

If spam bot start to create steam accounts.. RIP internet.

• Upvote 1

If spam bot start to create steam accounts.. RIP internet.

That would probably be the same persons who steal accounts and try to phish with them other people.....so it is just a matter of time when that happens.....but i guess that would mostly happen on important sites whichuse the steam login with a lot of users who have much stuff in their inventory.

I guess it's harder to create a spam bot now when, as you say, you have to log in with steam account. The problem is that there are bots on Steam as well..

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

Spambot to register must have Steam account with ETS2 on it - 1 spam bot - 1 copy of game = money for SCS :).

I think no one will pay to spam some forum :).

Greetings.

Spambots can win giveaways and SCS would still make money LOL. Spambots should be burned.

1.jpg

Trucksim.org - A community for Truck Simulator Enthusiasts

Currently Drive for Stobart Trucking VTC

Currently Developing Project OTC

Spambot to register must have Steam account with ETS2 on it - 1 spam bot - 1 copy of game = money for SCS :).

I think no one will pay to spam some forum :).

Greetings.

Hope they don't find a way around to bypass it.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback