FPS in high pop area

RussaX

I want to know what is your fps in cities and calais-duisburg route.

I have around 30fps in normal traffic cities but calais duisburg route or cities are around 10-15 fps which is terrible. I have seen people driving in that area with around 60fps so I am wondering is it possible to achieve stable 30fps because I like high pop areas. I am playing with settings at the moment but I still haven't managed to find any solutions to increase it. without other players around I can run high fps on ultra but c-d is brutal which sucks

Dear @RussaX,

First of all, thank you very much for submitting a Guide! However, this doesn't really look like a Guide to me. This is more of a Discussion related to ETS2 and because of this, I will move your topic to the respective section as the Guide section is not the correct place for this. For the future, please only submit a Guide if you have something that can help the players in Multiplayer. Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message! My inbox is always open!

//Topic moved to Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussions.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

On 10/1/2018 at 9:06 PM, RussaX said:

I want to know what is your fps in cities and calais-duisburg route.

I have around 30fps in normal traffic cities but calais duisburg route or cities are around 10-15 fps which is terrible. I have seen people driving in that area with around 60fps so I am wondering is it possible to achieve stable 30fps because I like high pop areas. I am playing with settings at the moment but I still haven't managed to find any solutions to increase it. without other players around I can run high fps on ultra but c-d is brutal which sucks

That happens to everyone. Really busy spots get really low fps and there's pretty much nothing you can do about. :/

Just turn the settings way down if you are really struggling and want slightly better fps.

I can't tell... It's been months since I last drove near those areas and weeks since I last drove in EU#2. Right now, I have quite steady FPS count around 85-90 FPS everywhere.

But there's only one possible solution: play with the video settings, changed them to low, scaling no higher than 100%, disable all animations and extra lights you can, both in game options and MP (TAB) options. I'd never recommend to go to the Calais-Duisburg area with less than 30 FPS (and this only if you drive slow enough to be able to stop instantly in case of an emergency). Honestly, I can't understand how some people see enjoyable to go there when their games are becoming almost unplayable. The lowest I've suffered in MP was like 10-15 FPS and I closed the game immediately, opened SP to get away from the place and then went back to MP into a safer area with more than 60 FPS again.

And there's another risk at play. You've probably seen all those "REC", "REC BAN", "REPORTED" in the game's chat, especially in those places. Some people seem to go there just to report others for anything they "feel" is wrong. Is it worth it to be banned for something as stupid as your computer being unable to run the game in optimal conditions? Like I always say: Your choice. Mine is: Avoid those places as if they were on fire.

Yeah I made this thread because I have seen some youtube videos where people are in the worst C-D chaos with 60+ fps so I am wondering how is it possible and what is the bottle neck.

I run fx6100 bulldozer with r7 260x, ssd, 12gb ram, overclocked. it should be enough.

I found out that setting

uset r_sun_shadow_texture_size "0"

gives me crucial extra 10 fps in C-D

I still use a lot of settings on high because I didn't notice major changes on low and I don't want it to look bad.

At the moment I am at the 15-30 fps in the worst areas so it is much better.

@FernandoCR [ESP]

I enjoy high pop areas with chaos. this is the reason why do I play mp instead of sp. There is a risk of getting banned but if you are sensible it should never happen.

Hai RussaX,

I run fx6100 bulldozer with r7 260x, ssd, 12gb ram, overclocked. it should be enough.

You really need a good GPU for that. I have an AMD RX 580 and I've never been under 40 FPS except when there were like 150 people then my FPS went all the way down to 30 but I usually have steady 60FPS. This really depends on your PC and with the Specs you have provided, you can't really have that much FPS. 15-30 is really good tbh. You should be fine with 15-30 FPS as people with a GTX 1080 TI have FPS drops in cities like Calais or Duisburg. That is pretty normal. If you want more FPS, then you have to turn the Settings down.

Kind Regards.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for discussion.

Thank you to everyone for your input!

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, feel free to contact me.

//Locked and Moved to Archive

• Dziada locked this topic

Archived