[SCS Blog] World of Trucks - testing of new website internals

SCS Blog

wotr_logo.jpg

Testing and fixing of open betas for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator is in full swing, but there is even more happening behind the scenes. We would like to ask you to also take a quick test drive of updated World of Trucks; a new site update is in open beta starting today.

The World Of Trucks website is in the final stages of extensive internal restructuring. The new system should allow for easier iteration of new features, faster deployment of updates, and even localization, but also nice to have things like responsive layout. It should give us more precious time for development instead of spending it performing the old maintenance routines.

At this moment, our goal is to ensure that all of the existing web features on the testing site are operating exactly the same as the current live web.

If you are willing to take a look at the testing site, your help and feedback will be really appreciated. Head to openbeta.worldoftrucks.com, and begin testing it feature by feature, link by link, page by page. The look and feel of the open beta web should be identical to the live site at worldoftrucks.com. There are some minor layout improvements and better wrapping of some texts on various browsers in the new system, however, feature-wise they should be totally identical, and any difference is unintentional and worth reporting.

In case you'll find any inconsistency or bugs, please report them here on the Dedicated Section on the Forum. We are really grateful for your help!
uTenForO9yM

View the full article

• Like 2
  • Woah! 2

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

• 4 weeks later...

the World of Trucks he will have the new system of loads with own trailer or not ??

Kind Regards,
Folatti

384241421_role_TrialSupport(1).png.4f6f5 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png 339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it will support own trailers. Haven't tested it yet.

Sincerely Rapido

Found this comment useful? Then please vote for it. Thank you! 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

52 minutes ago, [ST-I] Flying Cat said:

I hope it will support own trailers. Haven't tested it yet.

Sincerely Rapido

Found this comment useful? Then please vote for it. Thank you! 

I only do external contracts jobs (World of Trucks) and they don't work with own trailers. Right now, when you open the Jobs window there are 4 places:

Quick Jobs

Freight Market

Cargo Market

External Contracts

The only jobs that players can do with owned trailers are located in "Cargo Market". The only jobs linked to World of Trucks are located in "External Contracts". And in external contracts you can only choose trailers, not cargoes to put in your own trailer. I can only hope that this is a "work in progress" and that at some point in the future, the External Contracts will allow to choose trailers to haul or cargo to load your own trailer.

1 minute ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I only do external contracts jobs (World of Trucks) and they don't work with own trailers. Right now, when you open the Jobs window there are 4 places:

Quick Jobs

Freight Market

Cargo Market

External Contracts

The only jobs that players can do with owned trailers are located in "Cargo Market". The only jobs linked to World of Trucks are located in "External Contracts". And in external contracts you can only choose trailers, not cargoes to put in your own trailer. I can only hope that this is a "work in progress" and that at some point in the future, the External Contracts will allow to choose trailers to haul or cargo to load your own trailer.

Exactly. Thank you for your comment! 

Sincerely Rapido
u! 

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

• 1 month later...