Air Horn

kassi13

Question

13 answers to this question

16 hours ago, [ST-E] mrhijden said:

like i said, it's possible that it could be that you are pressing to many keys at the same time. it used to happen to me when i was a keyboard driver.

Thank you for the reply but the weird is that is doing only with the airhorn...when i press any others key together i have no problem thats why i ask

That sounds like an interesting issue. I believe I may have personally experienced it but I took my finger off the horn which allowed me to turn again. Out of interest, what other buttons were you holding down at the time as this may help in an attempt to replicate the issue. May be safer in the interim period to avoid using the air-horn if possible when turning, to avoid any chance of a collision which could result in a penalty against yourself - which none of us would want to happen!

I wouldn't have personally thought this was hardware related as like mentioned, it is possible that too many keys are being pressed although strange that it only does it with the air-horn and not the normal horn.

Kind regards,

Matthew

2 hours ago, GGF MD said:

Hey! On which button is you horn and all other driving buttons?

as usual arrow to steer and n is the airhorn h is the horn...i can press brake without problem but i cant steer if i press airhorn...only the steering is the problem but not always 90 % cant steer

A lot of keyboards are preset to stop most other input once one of the letters or numbers are being pressed. Try setting your horn to the shift key or something and see if it still does that, since you need shift to be able to be pushed at the same time as letters to type normally. Also from my past experience if you use the number-pad keys for steering, acceleration, and braking, it tends to not interfere with what you push on the letters/numbers set of keys. Believe it or not this is an issue that has plagued keyboard drivers for decades, which is how I know about it. A few times in the 90's and 2000's I'd have a controller break on me and have to resort to keyboard driving in the old Papyrus sims, where this would become an issue.... so I learned to use numberpad 4 and 6 for left and right, numberpad enter for accel, numberpad period for brake. But I also know that even today, most keyboards that are not the more expensive type still have this limitation. 

It could also be something else, like if you have the "sticky key" features enabled in windows. But try my first idea first. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Hello @kassi13

Have you been satisfied with the answers?

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules

1 hour ago, SLAUGHTEER said:

Hello @kassi13

Have you been satisfied with the answers?

Well at this moment i didnt have the time to check all the answers but im satisfied because all of those guys answer to my problem and care to find me a solution as soon i figure out what happend i will inform all of you about my problem