Development of the multiplayer mod.

Rhendak

Question

Hello all,

Am I the only one who's thinking the development of this multiplayer is going far too slow? How long has it been now since the servers were made freeroam (no collision and no speed limiter) due to the secuirity issues? The multiplayer community is slowly bleeding dry I feel, the servers almost seem empty.

Next to that, I feel that we're not given far enough status updates on how the development is going. For example: What specific part is currently being worked on, what problems are there that delay the outcome of a new update, How much time will certain development processes take.

There has been a recent update to ETS2 and the following post explained how that could impact the update of the mod.

As you may have noticed the new ETS2 update is already out. That's very good information for all of us because we can start porting the mod to support the new update - anyway there is a little problem - SCS decided to push the hotfix today to fix some issues with the truck models. 

We will have to wait for it to be checked to see if there are any binary changes - if there is we will have to redo some porting that mwl4 did yesterday (about 70 addresses). 

This post was created 12 november, as of so far, we have no news on IF the hotfix has made any binary changes. A confirmmation on this would be one of those status updates I feel that are lacking, giving us a bit of an indication of how the project is going.

If this isn't enough, the next patch for ETS2 has already been announced and the multiplayer mod hasn't even caught up yet to the current patch.

The way I feel it's going to be, is that if this multiplayer mod isn't getting any more active development, it will remain at what it is right now. I've seen some pretty impressive speculations for the multiplayer mod that they're planning to implement. But if I consider at what rate the project is moving right now I'm fairly convinced that these speculations probably won't ever be reached.

I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this subject, so go ahead and leave a reply below.

(SIDE NOTE: Please note that I have no idea how long certain parts of development for this project take, because the lack of status updated and information we're recieving, therefor my indication might be incorrect)

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

13 answers to this question

• DevOps

Would be nice if the mp development could keep up with the scs development because now the mp is constantly 1 or 2 patches behind.

Developing (SCS) is much easier than Reverse engineering.. and developing (ETS2MP).. just be sure to keep that in mind! 

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

"The multiplayer community is slowly bleeding dry I feel, the servers almost seem empty."

I don't completely agree with that, a few days or so ago there were nearly 3000 users online on EU1.

I'm aware of that since I'm a programmer myself. I just get the feeling that the dev team only started on the 1.14 realease when the official version came out.

They would have started before it was released (back end database, login system etc), but they could have only done so much until the new version came out since all the required addresses and pointers would most certainly have changed and it takes time to track those down again. Did you see the video where they did 8 hours of porting and reverse engineer?

If they had more help from SCS and were given the required information then it would be quicker as no need to reverse engineer but that is not to be.

I've done reverse engineering before, its not as simple as most think it is.

Its not a 5 minute job.

I'm aware of that since I'm a programmer myself. I just get the feeling that the dev team only started on the 1.14 realease when the official version came out.

thats cause scs found some bugs that needed to be fixed first, thats why they waited until he release

If they have work already it was work for nothing 

And you forgot to mention we have also private lives

• DevOps

Gotya! I mean, I can safely tell you planning and designing was started the moment the steam auth vulnerability was exploited though. We're currently discussing this very topic on one of the things rolled out due to it (Forums / Shared Auth)

• Upvote 1

Traffic Cameras : twitch.tv/kat_pw | Ets2Map : ets2map.com
Kat_pw Status:image.png[CCTV #1] Status:image.png[CCTV #2] Status:image.png[CCTV #3] Status:image.png

Gotya! I mean, I can safely tell you planning and designing was started the moment the steam auth vulnerability was exploited though. We're currently discussing this very topic on one of the things rolled out due to it (Forums / Shared Auth)

I'm glad to hear that this is being discussed! :) 

a lot of other games. We're always looking for friendly and open people to join us.

We like to create a friendly and familiar environment. Join us on

teamspeak: ts.emeraldimmersion.com to check it out for yourself.

• Web Developer

I just wanted to let's you know that there logic is always the same. That's not what it take times for them. What takes long is find all the new memory address and make sure they are correct. Maybe you're a programmer but did you ever use Assembly? Not many programmer use that.

They are doing the mod for free. They are not getting paid by SCS.

Please be patient