• Announcements

• Krashnz

Server Downtime   01/04/18

Hello Truckers! In response to recent developments with certain processor exploits We will be shutting down US1 / AS1 / SA1 until we get confirmation from the datacenters that the shared physical servers that these are hosted on have been patched. While at this time we are not aware of any active attacks against our users, we take security extremely seriously and do not want to risk any chances as they are on hardware shared with other customers of whom we do not know. You may also notice the website being unavailable for a few moments over the next few days. This is due to our datacenter provider patching our fleet of 30 servers. We apologize for any frustrations this may cause, however know this is a very important step that is required to secure our users data. Thank you for your understanding.   Forum thread Homepage blog post
brandonlea

How to make a job logger

@brandonlea, I wish you a good night. There is a program called "Virtual Speditor" which gives you the opportunity of creating your own custom jobs. You and your friends can use this program to haul same cargos to the same destinations if this is what you ask for. You can find the "Virtual Speditor" in the topic below. All credits go to "Xyzan" from SCS Software Forum and @Mirrland for sharing the program with us.

Making a job logger consists of two things:
1. PC application
2. Some sort of server side application

Details:
1 . PC APPLICATION:

You need to build some sort of PC application that should collect data from game and send it as POST/GET to a webpage.

More details in the post below

2 . Online Application:
This is where the magic happens. You will need to setup a database. Make sure you make logins for your VTC members. Since you will need some sort of identification to distinguish between jobs that are submitted to you via the POST/GET method.
You will need to build your own web application to present the data in a presentable form.

Alternatives:

1. Virtual Trucking Manager This is a pre-built application for job logging.
2. Jammerxd Refer to this if u want to make your own Web Application. It already has a PC application. It can also be used to track people LIVE.

Resources:
https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server

I hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

If you don't want to build PC Application.... there is another alternative.
Requires only Online Application:

You will need to create an HTML form where your VTC members can submit the information manually. I have seen some VTC use this instead of a PC application.
No matter what.. you will be needing an Online platform though.

@brandonlea 

To start off with, you need to have decent knowledge of C++ and know how to make plugins for ETS2/ATS. There are no specific guides out there on how to do this. You also need to understand how the SCS SDK works, and how to integrate it into your application. This is obviously if you want to make everything from scratch, there is a pre-made telemetry plugin which allows you to just make an external program that accesses the telemetry data via memory. You need to make all the logic that decides when a job is done, started, etc.

You will also need a server side application to receive data from the logger. HTML isnt going to get you that far here other than displaying information. You will need to know a language like PHP, NodeJS, etc.

• Upvote 2

If you want to see what it takes to make a plugin, checkout my youtube channel. I do a lot of development and gaming stuff. Currently working on new platform for job logging that will hopefully simplify everything for everyone's platforms. 

• Upvote 2

I'm one of the developers of TrucksBook, which is complete application for VTC. Trust me, it took several years to get it into this state and create completely automatic job logger. It's not impossible, but it's long way.

But if you want to do it, just do it! It's a great way to learn a lot of things :) . If you don't know any programming language (HTML is not programming language), you should start learning it first. I suggest C# for basics, it's possible to use it for job logger. Then you will need PHP or another server language.

Or you can try TrucksBook and use it for your virtual company if you want ;) http://trucksbook.eu/

• Upvote 1

On 17.07.2017 at 3:04 PM, Domcek_CZ said:

I'm one of the developers of TrucksBook, which is complete application for VTC. Trust me, it took several years to get it into this state and create completely automatic job logger. It's not impossible, but it's long way.

But if you want to do it, just do it! It's a great way to learn a lot of things :) . If you don't know any programming language (HTML is not programming language), you should start learning it first. I suggest C# for basics, it's possible to use it for job logger. Then you will need PHP or another server language.

Or you can try TrucksBook and use it for your virtual company if you want ;) http://trucksbook.eu/

Your TrucksBook, so nice!! :)  

I'm using your TrucksBook http://trucksbook.eu/profile/25230

• Like 1