Launcher won't open

Rootzy

Question

Hi guys,

I just installed the latest version and when I double click the launcher it just does nothing? I made sure I put the correct ETS2 install path.

When I try and right click on the application to try running as admin, my PC just freezes for a few seconds then doesn't open the rick click menu.

Any help is appreciated thanks! Also I am running latest version of ETS2 and I just recently reinstalled my PC.

13 answers to this question

Hello @skittlezthecool and welcome to the forums.

Do you have MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner running? They will clash with the launcher and it will not work.

If no, then please disable your antivirus and see if that works.  Check your firewall is not blocking as well.  If this works then you need to add the launcher to the exception list on your antivirus.

If that does not work; then use win+R and go to %programdata% and delete the truckersmp folder.  Uninstall the launcher and delete any files left in the program files for the launcher.  Restart.  THen reinstall launcher as admin.

Just to confirm that your OS is Windows 7 or above and 64 bit?

Hello,

Have you tried to disable your antivirus?

If you don't have antivirus or you've already tried, try to Copy d3d9.dll from the _C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32_ folder to the folder where *launcher.exe* is located

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un passé lourd, une longue histoire, un vécu toujours existant avec la tête haute de nos jours.

Avoir une vie comme un développeur, et ne vivre que de sa passion pour rendre heureux les autres, n'est qu'une activité banale pour n'importe qui.

Si l'on veut écouter les autres, dans nos rêves, nos envies, on peut toujours avoir de l'aide, mais il ne faut jamais écouter les mauvaises langues de bois.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35 minutes ago, oolala11 said:

Hello @skittlezthecool and welcome to the forums.

Do you have MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner running? They will clash with the launcher and it will not work.

If no, then please disable your antivirus and see if that works.  Check your firewall is not blocking as well.  If this works then you need to add the launcher to the exception list on your antivirus.

If that does not work; then use win+R and go to %programdata% and delete the truckersmp folder.  Uninstall the launcher and delete any files left in the program files for the launcher.  Restart.  THen reinstall launcher as admin.

Just to confirm that your OS is Windows 7 or above and 64 bit?

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, I don't have MSI afterburner or rivatuner. Don't have an Anti virus. Truckers MP is not in the firewall list. I will try and reinstall it completely, and yes I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

31 minutes ago, DesertEagle26 said:

I already have that.

22 minutes ago, BlocKing said:

Hello! I was searching for the solution of your issue and I found something helpful in topic bellow.

So as you can see someone had same problem with launcher and he fix it contacting microsoft support.

I suggest you to contact them here .

I have the creators update but I can't revert back from it easily because I just reinstalled my PC, so no previous versions of windows are on my PC.