Multiple players ramming

Slice'N'Dice

Grrr, Today 30 mins ago, I was just indicating to enter the Berlin depot and saw there was a group of trucks within. Started to pull in slowly and BAM rammed by the first one who forced his way out putting my truck into a total jack-knife with tailer then his mates (3 or 4 of them) also smashed their way past me with their trailers too. Those childish morons were all blasting their vehicles horns like it was the highlight of their miserable day!  I was totally helpless, couldn't do anything except try to get this recorded. Didn't get the 5 min recording :( Looking at the video it recored my whole session which is 42gb :( No was will I want to send that as evidence :( In all the prosperous run I had planned to net 17k (Am level 12) just cost me 4k in repairs :(

We really need a better reporting system as I followed the reporting guide but the logs they tell you are in the documents folder, don't exist/! Perhaps this is due to my ETS2 being speam bought and run from.

I don't understand the mentality of people like them, it's like they get some sort of peverse pleasure from being morons! So, it's not just the high populated areas that are a problem but also any city as have been rammed in areas I least expected it. I can see that this type of player abuse will deter lot of sensible, considerate players who follow the rules, from remaining in the game. If this type of behaviour is allowed to persist and flourish, ETS2 will be just another smash derby game :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's difficult to monitor and track a large amount of players with such a small staff team in comparison to it's player base. Especially, since the mod gets thousands of players on a daily basis.

It's difficult to monitor the whole map other than the high density areas which are closely monitored. Although, I do agree with the above comment I do feel as though the punishments aren't sufficient especially if players are purposefully breaking rules.

It just takes time to filter out players.

I hear a lot about the CD road so have avoided that however it appears they are spreading their wings to find more victims with less ban risk. I understand that it's a monstrous task for the Admins and Mods to police the game, dealing with the higher levels of abuse occurring. I am by no means critisising their efforts.

Is there a ETS2 trucking company called [SD Trans]? I ask as all those rammers had that tag.

^^ If you are using Shadowplay (Share), you can change the hotkeys to whatever you like (I did: Ctrl+, for instant replay and Ctrl+. for start/stop saving) so by pressing one, it starts recording and will keep recording until you press again. Another one is for "Instant Replay", you can configure the software to record up to 20 minutes of previous gameplay when using the hotkey (I set mine to record the last 5 minutes, but 3 minutes is usually enough).

In this case you got a 42 GB video, you can still use it to report, but you'll need to cut it to something more suitable. There are lots of freeware video editors out there, just pick one that does the job (I use Avidemux, but there are many others). You load your video, select the piece where the trolls can be seen, save that piece as a new video (most video editors will also let you re-compress, making it even smaller), then you have a smaller video, much better for uploading and reporting purposes.

Like @FernandoCR [ESP] I use shadowplay to record the last five minutes.  From that I know I can cut the beginning 4mins and focus on the last minute of the crash.  I've bound mine to the - key so easy to press 

1 minute ago, Hevar said:

What about if you check your damage log? Then you can see which people hit and how many times and how much damage they made? also you going see date and time

Good idea :) What is the directory path and file name for the log? As I have the steam version will this make a difference to logs!

2 minutes ago, Slice'N'Dice said:

steam version will this make a difference to logs

No, it will not because you are using the same modification for is for the steam and retail version the same: TruckersMP. There is no difference in usage.

You can find the log here: C:\[YourPCName]\Documents\ETS2MP\logs\log_spawning_20.05.2017 or alternatively ...\logs\chat_20_05_2017 if you wrote /pinfo in the chat at some point.

Yes, trying to fathom the data to submit a report. Looking at the log_spawning_20.05.2017 I am lost in the data! I see the times and player names but how do I determine from them who caused damage? is it the N/D? The main offenders name doesn't appear on the log as the name I saw in my video capture!

Check the video, you'll see their names and Server ID. Open the log_spawning file and search for the names, it may find nothing, there's a bug causing most names to appear in Chinese, if this is the case, search for the server ID. You can check if the timestamp for those IDs matches the time when you were trolled. Once you find the player, you'll see also the TruckersMPid, go to the website https://truckersmp.com/ and do a search for that TruckersMPid. It will show the player with that ID, there you can see if the name matches one of those in your video. If it does, you have hunted the culprit (one of them, at least).

Will replay the vidoe and go from there. Thanks :) Oh and yes, a lot of chinese names are in the log which explains why his name wasn't showing due to that bug.

Edit: Followed you tips :) Got all the morons involved. Now to edit the video, then submit a report. Can I send in multiple ID's on a report of do they have to be individually submitted?

Hello, and yes ETS2 is experiencing a big increase in its numbers of players on the multiplayer in recent months.

Therefore, the number of Trollers also increases.

The only thing we can do, when there are no administrators available and make reports on TruckersMP, so that this can be sanctioned.

Cordially,

Yoyo_ManSg

^^ That's the default setting, if I'm not wrong, and it's enough for reporting. But since you already had "log_spawning" files, those are the ones to check if you need to find a player's info. No need to change anything ;)

EDIT: Just a note, I read in another topic that the "Chinese names" in the log_spawning files issue is already known by the developers and it's going to be fixed in an upcoming update.

27 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ That's the default setting, if I'm not wrong, and it's enough for reporting. But since you already had "log_spawning" files, those are the ones to check if you need to find a player's info. No need to change anything ;)

EDIT: Just a note, I read in another topic that the "Chinese names" in the log_spawning files issue is already known by the developers and it's going to be fixed in an upcoming update.

Awesome. Thank you 'Marty Feldman' :P Boy was he funny :)

At present am in process of clipping the 43gb video so I can submit just the portion that Admin needs to take action (around 4 mins). Having not played with video editing before, it's proving to be a bit of a pain and taking time to snip/compress in correct format ready for upload to youtube then link submission in report.

18 hours ago, fariaz75 said:

Yeah the amount of trollers have been increasing in the last weeks 

They all should get a perm ban 

It is no wonder really, the game costs as little as £3 which is pocket money to kiddies to go out and buy it to cause chaos on the roads. I always record incidents but it's getting to the point where you think to yourself what is the point? Taking time out to edit video and upload them just for more to do the same thing. I'd be more happier if they controlled the money in some way on server so they can't throw money at new trucks and repairs to go out on a ramming spree.

Not sure if this would solve the issue at all. People like that would improvise just to get kick form being a pain.

Finally got the video sent to TruckersMP reporting. Don't want my game time spent continually doing reports as its very time consuming :( Awaiting their response now. Hope all goes well and the rammer gets his just deserves.

I'm just personally annoyed about all the time wasted. I'm in a similar situation with Slice'N'Dice game wise being that I started with a single player load and went to multiplayer soon as I had a loan for a truck. I don't like giving myself an advantage so I didn't use any cash or exp mods or save files that provide these. Those methods are essentially cheating or just for pure fun if that's fun to you. 

So when you're having to deal with as you said, literally kids (Yes the term gets thrown about but for once it's actually legitimate) that are pretty much destroying your gameplay. I'm currently sitting at 32 hours, most of which is from this mod but in terms of cash flow I've probably only been able to profit around 50k, my biggest blow was recently when someone thought it was fine to ram me from behind going full speed at a red light which ended up with me having to PAY OUT 48k. I should have taken the penalty fee for abandoning but I wasn't expecting the job to be that much of a loss, even so it's still -12k to abandon a lost cause job.

It's also annoying seeing that to actually get anywhere with a report you need footage which I don't want to setup a recording every time I just want to relax on a game. Storage is also an issue in terms of footage.

Archived