MeteDestan

Server Specs of ETS2 EU#2

20 minutes ago, maximskor said:

Not sure what you are asking? 

He's asking what kind of hardware is being used to run the ETS2 servers. I however do not know.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

He's asking what kind of hardware is being used to run the ETS2 servers. I however do not know.

Yes thats what I am trying to ask :)

They are High End Xeon's but that's all we know, like mentioned, only Kat and mwl4 would know, even then they are virtual servers, so it's whatever OVH offers behind.

1 hour ago, JeffSFC said:

Gotcha. Thats what I thought at first but then I thought with so many servers and so many people, they were probably running off the internet. I'm not a wiz about that kind of stuff, but that's what I thought at least. Because if they ran off a computer there would have to be some kind of problem at the host at some point - internet outage, power outage which would immediately cutoff all the servers. Playing on TruckersMP for a little over a year I haven't witnessed that happen once though. 

Thank you for all the responses. I have also administrate a server and try to balance resources so it made me curious what kind of a hw required for hosting 3500 people at the sametime with a complex structure.

7 minutes ago, MeteDestan said:

Thank you for all the responses. I have also administrate a server and try to balance resources so it made me curious what kind of a hw required for hosting 3500 people at the sametime with a complex structure.

Server specs and how they are configured will depend on the game. Take Minecraft for example which is Java based, the amount of players a server will hold will depend on the amount of ram, if i remember its about 256mb ram per 4-6 players for a good balance. Other games just require a host to connect players and then your own pc does the rest, as i said it will vary from game to game.