Make the report system more transparent

Interstate Nomad

Suggestion Name:

Transparency of the report system

Suggestion Description:

I hereby suggest the introduction of an article or thread, that explains as detailed as possible how reports are handled by the TMP team.

The article/ thread should give a review of the process with following in depth details against the backdrop of questions like

How does the TMP team approach the huge amount of sent reports?

Is there a checklist that supports the team as a guideline?

If existent, by which criteria are the reports distributed to the team, e.g. language, date, violation, etc.?

Are the reports randomly picked according to the motto "first come, first serve"?

In short, everything that explains your workflow behind the scenes and helps the users to understand it.

Any example images:

N/A

Why should it be added?:

Involve the users by helping them understand how the TMP team works.

It will also avoid the repeatedly asked questions why the processing of reports takes so long.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 3

So you're talking about the reports on the website? If so, admins are busy. If you can't wait for an report to be accepted or declined, you shouldn't report.

Admins do have a real life besides this, and they can't always do what we want them to do.

I'm sorry, but a -1 from me for this suggestion.

This has also been suggested before, use the search function next time: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/announcement/14-search-before-posting/

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

@CrazyPillow,

apparently, you have misunderstood my suggestion.

Neither do I have any pending requests nor do I presume that the TMP team does not its job.

Your reminder on how to use the search function was unnecessary as I am quite aware on how to use it.

This is a general request of making the work of the TMP team more transparent for users.

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Your reminder on how to use the search function was unnecessary as I am quite aware on how to use it.

I didn't tell you how to use it, I told you that you should use it as something similar to this already has been suggested.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

I have used the search and didn't find any suggestions similar to this one. Instead of saying "Use the search option", please, link those similar suggestions, it's a lot clearer that way.

As for the suggestion itself, I think I have a good idea about how the system works. But a pinned topic in the Help or Guides sections, explaining the whole process, from the moment a report gets filed in the web until it is accepted/declined, and even better if it could include the process followed with appeals, would be very helpful for all of those people who complain about how long the reports/appeals take to be dealt with.

+1 from me.

• Upvote 1

@CrazyPillow & @Nameless Ghoul,

please provide a link to the already made suggestions you are referring to.

@FernandoCR [ESP],

I have not found similar suggestions neither which is why I filed this suggestion.

Besides of that, you exactly grasped what I was referring to. Your additional description will hopefully be helpful to understand this suggestion by other users.

Thank you!

-1 the report system is pretty self explanatory, you submit a report with the players TMPID, name, violations, a brief description of what occurred and video evidence to prove what you are saying actually occurred by the person stated.

then reports are left pending on the web server until an available admin claims the report, I.e. Takes it off pending to chief it, then they most likely check the information fits the rules, the tmpid matches the player and that the evidence in fact shows the incident happen, then they can determine if it's an accident or a purposeful act, then a punishment is placed or the report is denied, depending on the outcome. 

It's something that doesn't really need explaining and the trouble with giving out exact guidelines that admins use to the general public, is that trolls will then take those and use that as a guide to AVOID being punished or use them to get innocent people in trouble. 

I can can think of plenty of other things worth being pinned before this.

People... In simple words, he's just asking that us, forum users, should be informed about how things work, protocols, how admins select reports and appeals. People keep asking stuff like why reports haven't been accepted, how long will it take. We all understand that each TMP staff member have a life outside this. They also want to enjoy playing games too.

But if this sort of request doesn't get accepted, you guys can still watch admin duty streams/videos...

• Upvote 3

KkdaC1b.png

I agree with this. We all take reporting for granted and we know how it works in game but not on the website.

There is no other suggestion like this in the suggestions. It's not nice flaming someone because you think you're important. Let's all be nice to each other please.

Hello there!

I am a new user and I'll explain why/how I found this thread.

I have quite a few reports (10 total, 8 pending/new). Of course, I do not expect quick reaction since I understand that this is free service and no one owes you anything.

However, I have a few questions, because 2 random reports of mine were surprisingly quickly handled, while others are stuck at New for 2-5 days.

1. Since it seems that requests can be handled quickly, why do random requests are handled like that and others are stuck? Maybe there is some flaw in notification system?

2. A player that was violating multiple rules and it seemed that their whole intention of playing in MP was trolling others was banned for only 1 day. I am not to argue with this, but I would like to know why so insolent behavior is worth so light punishment which the player might not even notice.

So in general I do support this suggestion.

P.S. I would like to thank everyone who contributes into this mod and community and makes them better.

Nice suggestion. Another step you could try doing is checking out the in-game admins who stream live on twitch/youtube while they are handling reports and applying bans etc etc.. drop the question and I'm sure they will be happy to answer you and whoever's tuning in on their channel. Although I think the question has already been asked and answered multiple times while they're streaming. good luck :)

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.