More collisions

Costel

Suggestion Name: More collisions

Suggestion Description: 

I'd like to suggest the old collision sistem at companys  , when MP was firstly lunched there were no colissions on some companys and it was realistic enough to keep waiting until someone parks , nowdays there are also more than one unload checkpoint so it would be even more easy and realistic .

Yes this would create lot of traffic in city and maybe some crashs when people get in game so here are 2 other suggestions 

- When you start game you should have like 5-10 seconds of non colission to have the possiblity to move without crashing into other players..

- Autokick after an amout of time since you did pressed enter to park your trailer into the position you choosen in game..

So people which got kicked wouldn't crash into people which still are parking , companys unload would be 100% realistic .

Any example images: No one.

Why should it be added?: To make MP more realistic.

Edited by Costel

28333976461_20bedf4809_z.jpg

Then just keep collissions on big citys and edit small?

Yeah there will be the usual id**ts which will ram and block but there are also nice and good players which simply like to simulate the real life.. 

7 minutes ago, Mirko9 said:

-1 from me.Imagine  Duisburg,Calais,Rotterdam )and other citys where is a lot truckers) companys without collision zone.

Any suggestions without format will be 100% rejected so please follow format:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Changed, sorry.

28333976461_20bedf4809_z.jpg

- 1 from me, this will make too much hassle and alot more work for the already overun admins. Trucks will spawn in on other trucks that have logged out in NCZ.

As someone who is around since almost 3 years, I have to admit that back on the old 3500/5000-er-EU1 without nczs the server was more "chaotic".

I experienced jobs where you had to wait for almost 60 (realtime!) minutes to get a chance to unload your truck, because the cities and companies were completely overcrowded.

Seeing how impatient drivers on roads like Duisburg-Calais are, schocks me. It would make cities even worse than dc road is atm and that road is already pure chaos during peak times.

For sure it is a nice suggestion, and I would like those days back in some way, but with the current behavior (mainly impatience and failure to follow easy rules), it would be pure chaos.

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I personally like the idea, but the waiting time with clogged streets outside the industries and whatnot will just draw people away from playing MP I think. 

I always do the very difficult parking option, and wait till guys in front of me park so that I'm not on top of them trying to park when they are trying to do the same. I think its common courtesy as even with the no collision zone I use the mirrors (not 3rd person view) to park and hate when some impatient driver just drives on top of me to park.

-1 although in the early days it was fun and realistic to have to wait, most people tend to go to any city within 700mi-1000mi of Rotterdam, ifs just the way it is with people liking to see a lot more traffic.

you also have to take into consideration the amount of lag you would expect when you have lines of trucks waiting to drop off in the bigger cities, yes other cities like out in Italy or parts of the  "going east" DLC area are usually pretty dead, but if you have queues of people trying to get into normal cities, more and more will take different loads and go further south and east for jobs. I for one do not wish to sit in a queue in a city for over an hour while someone tries to park, plus it'll be the perfect magnet for trolls and a headache when you have an inexperienced player try and park. 

No, personally, I would rather the system stay as is than revert to the old way. NCZs were brought in for a reason after all.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, InstintoCorsair said:

activate collision zones in Scandinavia in some large companies

Yes. I think in the expansion DLC's, drivers take it more seriously, and there is less of them, so adding collision zones back into companies would be a good idea. Would make for a realistic experience.

On 11/04/2017 at 5:12 PM, RayRay5 said:

As someone who is around since almost 3 years, I have to admit that back on the old 3500/5000-er-EU1 without nczs the server was more "chaotic".

I experienced jobs where you had to wait for almost 60 (realtime!) minutes to get a chance to unload your truck, because the cities and companies were completely overcrowded.

Seeing how impatient drivers on roads like Duisburg-Calais are, schocks me. It would make cities even worse than dc road is atm and that road is already pure chaos during peak times.

For sure it is a nice suggestion, and I would like those days back in some way, but with the current behavior (mainly impatience and failure to follow easy rules), it would be pure chaos.

activate collision zones in Scandinavia in some large companies

On 11/04/2017 at 7:02 PM, Costel said:

Suggestion Name: More collisions

Suggestion Description: 

I'd like to suggest the old collision sistem at companys  , when MP was firstly lunched there were no colissions on some companys and it was realistic enough to keep waiting until someone parks , nowdays there are also more than one unload checkpoint so it would be even more easy and realistic .

Yes this would create lot of traffic in city and maybe some crashs when people get in game so here are 2 other suggestions 

- When you start game you should have like 5-10 seconds of non colission to have the possiblity to move without crashing into other players..

- Autokick after an amout of time since you did pressed enter to park your trailer into the position you choosen in game..

So people which got kicked wouldn't crash into people which still are parking , companys unload would be 100% realistic .

Any example images: No one.

Why should it be added?: To make MP more realistic.

Big -1, the current system was brought in because of a number of reasons. 

First off, when mp started out, server numbers were surprisingly low, so you didn't have to worry about traffic or blocking people when parking, now, on average EU2 is over 2000 players, almost all the time, so cutting out No collide will turn cities like Calais, Duisburg, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Paris, London, etc etc, into parking lots at which, 99% of people will have between 1 and 10 fps. 

Not only that but server desyncing will will be a nightmare with so many people stuck in one area. 

Also, no collide is not only beneficial for parking,  up for trailer spawns as well. Also, if you get a new driver trying to park up, before you know it, a city will grind to a haunt, yeah it might be realistic, but then again, not everything about ETS2 is realistic, I mean, you can't even attach air hoses or lose parts off your truck when you smack into something. 

As for giving people 10 second spawn no collide, that's great unless you spawn in a truck shop with 100 other people, then it's just a glitch fest with more angry drivers than happy ones. And as for auto kick, there a lot of annoyance with being disconnected every time you drop off and search for a new load. 

There has has to be a line between realism and practicality and this suggestion crosses that line. Nocollide was brought in for a multitude of reasons, not because people are lazy or go afk  etc, but for reasons like traffic management, parking difficulties, player numbers, trailer spawning.... etc, the list goes on. You might think, yeah but it'll make parking more realistic. My answer, like hell alike, if parking was realistic, you would be locked in interior view, with narrowed mirror zoom, you had to have hazard lights on, you had to be perfectly lined up for drop, you had to be careful of air hoses, you had to be careful about hitting anything, you had to get out of your truck and drop the landing gear, unhook air lines and pull the fifth wheel lock, then before your job is done you have to get in, move you truck to a parking spot, get out and fill in your papers before the jobs complete. That's realism, I mean, how often irl do you see 30+ trucks all drop off at the same location and the same loading dock? 

Well, "No Collision Zone" is a good feature in the multiplayer and actually it is better to keep it. We can avoid gamers with enormous pings, rammers, blockers, trollers by this way. Especially in crowded cities like Duisburg, Calais, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and many more; we usually see those kind of gamers that i've explained above. I also know some non-collision zones (even they are company zones) in France. I recommend that they also should be non-collision zones.

• 1 year later...

Suggested before. This is not going to happen. People will just spawn there or skip the parking and there you crash instantly.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.