Looking from help from the staff

WHITE.

Question

Hi,
I hope that there is someone here who can help me with my issue.

Long story short, I got banned last year, I made an appeal, IGA didn’t deal with my appeal correctly, I sent an email to [email protected] over 7 weeks ago and never got any response.

This is a video recorded by the admin who banned me:

Spoiler

Unfortunately I didn’t record it in my game because as soon as all other vehicles disappeared I pressed alt-f4 in order to restart the game as I thought that something was wrong with the server or connection. 

Anyway, this is what happened from my perspective:
I was leaving Calais and I noticed a car constantly slowing down and blocking traffic in the left lane. My first thought was it was one of the trolls who can be often seen in that location. As I approached closer it turned out to be an IGA @Bonnm who was apparently issuing bans while driving on a busy road. I drove past his scout in the right lane and then I decided to overtake a truck in front of me because it was badly lagging. I looked in a left mirror, turned my blinker on and I saw scout slowing down a bit. Now, after watching the provided video I can tell that at the time I turned my left blinker on he had about 500 ms lag - that's a half a second (not to mention my lag), that means he appeared to me at least half a second further behind, thus I had an impression that he slowed down and made a gap to let me in, but as soon as I started changing the lane he started to accelerate which can be clearly seen on the video. Unfortunately the back of my trailer came into contact with his car, but again, the maneuver was clear from my perspective due to the lag which had been a known issue on the EU server at that time. I admit that I might have not been cautious enough and I should've taken the lagging issues into account but I disagree that I was driving recklessly. He saw that I was changing the lane and yet he didn't try to avoid the collision and even started to accelerate.

After I got banned I asked him for evidence but he locked the appeal so I was unable to even make a ban appeal for a week. I eventually made one. I politely explained what happened from my perspective then I had to wait another 10 days for his response which was:

I don't unban you. You hit my Car. You should watch into your mirros. No unban

I sent an email to [email protected] on 28.12.2016 but I haven't received any response, I don’t know if anyone has even read it. I’ve tried to contact project managers (@Clarkinator and @HumaneWolf) by sending private messages on the forum with no success. I’ve made two more ban appeals but every time I received inadequate answers (written in broken English or copy-pasted game rules) from @Bonnm who either didn't read or just didn't understand what I wrote in my appeal messages. I have a reason to think that he doesn't handle my appeal correctly and competently enough. Also, the fact that he was involved in the traffic incident that led me being banned makes him subjective in this matter, thus I would like another admin to deal with my appeal. I'd like someone neutral and serious (preferably an adult or a senior member of the staff) to look into it, and to decide whether the permanent ban is really an appropriate punishment for such a "serious" offence.
Anyway, according to my ban’s history this was my 5th ban, I pointed it out in my appeal but his reply was:

Please write a Feedback Mail again if you don't have a Answere

Since I registered my account here I feel that rather than actually playing and enjoying the game I spent more time on dealing with nonsense accusations, making appeals, waiting for responses etc. I'm just a regular guy trying to play and enjoy the game with other players, I'm not a troll who wants to spoil the game experience. Look at my ban history and the reasons I was banned for. For instance once an admin didn't like my steam username "your mother" but it turned out it was not against the rules and even the project manager @Clarkinator confirmed it was ok to use this name so the ban was marked as ‘ban by mistake’ and removed from my history, then a few months later I was banned for 3 months for the very same username and my appeal was rejected. Any logic here? Nah.
Now I have a permanent ban exclusively due to my ban history. Brilliant. This game should rather be called "Get Banned - Make an Appeal Simulator".

Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the game developers’ great work, I just think the admins should be more professional and mature not to mention that there's not enough admins at all. Once you get banned it takes a week for IGA to look into your appeal and even though your appeal is accepted, the long waiting time is a punishment in and of itself.

There are probably a lot of similar cases but I'm guessing some banned players either use a different steam account to buy a new copy of ETS2 or just don't give a f*** and play SP. 

Should I just give up MP?

2 answers to this question