Speed

Drufsen

Hi there!
I have noticed something that I found a bit odd. If you look at the road signs alongside the road, they can say for example: "110". If you have your GPS to tell you the truck speed limit it will say "80".
Does anyone know why it says "80" and not "90", like it would in real life? ^_^

(I don't know if the max truck speed is lower that 90km/h somewhere is Europe) 

AB Baitans Transport | [Driver] [Leader]

You also adjust the settings regarding the shown speed limits on your navigation system. 

In order to do so, just go to settings and then general settings and scroll to the speed limiter point. There, you can select whether you want no speed shown at all, the cars' speed limit or the limit for trucks. 

An usually, trucks allowed to drive about 80km/h :)

Regards ;)

5 minutes ago, NoTime4name said:

There are a few countries where the speed limit is 90kph (for example France), however in most countries the limit is 80. The truck speed limit shown in the GPS is usually correct.

Okey, in Sweden It's also 90km/h. I think it's 90km/h in all off Scandinavia... ^_^ (But the GPS says 80km/h)

If you take a pretty close look to the street signs that are placed at the borders of each country while entering it, you will see that it actually tells you the allowed speed limits in-town, on scenic roads and on motorways (not entirely sure though, but i think the truck speed limits should be on them as well). The thing is that every country has it's own speed limits, which counts for cars as well as for trucks too. That means if you get a sign on a scenic road which shows the max. speed of 110kph, this of course only counts for the cars. But that doesn't automatically mean that you are allowed to drive the maximum speed that trucks are allowed to drive on motorways in that specific country. However you have to respect the speed limits for trucks on scenic roads (In some countries it is 90kph, in some its 80kph, in most countries you will find a 70kph limit for trucks, and in Germany you even get 60kph max speed).

So the answer to your actual question is, that there are independent speed limits for motorways and scenic roads in each country. Just because you're allowed to go 90 on the motorway, it doesn't mean that the limit on single lane roads is the same... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

1 hour ago, Emil_E3l said:

Hi there!
I have noticed something that I found a bit odd. If you look at the road signs alongside the road, they can say for example: "110". If you have your GPS to tell you the truck speed limit it will say "80".
Does anyone know why it says "80" and not "90", like it would in real life? ^_^

(I don't know if the max truck speed is lower that 90km/h somewhere is Europe) 

Since I knew that all these road signs ingame are completely fake, I removed them in the game (on my GPS ingame) and I do not follow any speed limit road signs.

However I found this page here: http://www.derlkw.com/infocenter/LKW geschwindigkeiten Europa.html

Unfortunately this page is on German so not everyone understands what it means, but this website has a list with all the european countries and their speed limits in real life.

So what I always do is before I start my transport I look wich countries I do pass and after that I look on the website what the real life speed limits are. And it helps me alot, I see speed limit signs in the game and I think like: the hell is this??

When you use this website alot then you will learn by mind the speed limits, mostly it's 50 city, 70/80 country & 90 on highways.

A quick search brought up this list of sped limits all over the world. For several vehicle types and configurations and depnding on the road type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_by_country

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Chreazzy said:

Since I knew that all these road signs ingame are completely fake, I removed them in the game (on my GPS ingame) and I do not follow any speed limit road signs.

However I found this page here: http://www.derlkw.com/infocenter/LKW geschwindigkeiten Europa.html

Unfortunately this page is on German so not everyone understands what it means, but this website has a list with all the european countries and their speed limits in real life.

So what I always do is before I start my transport I look wich countries I do pass and after that I look on the website what the real life speed limits are. And it helps me alot, I see speed limit signs in the game and I think like: the hell is this??

When you use this website alot then you will learn by mind the speed limits, mostly it's 50 city, 70/80 country & 90 on highways.

Thank you! ^_^ (lucky for me, I study german in school)

21 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

A quick search brought up this list of sped limits all over the world. For several vehicle types and configurations and depnding on the road type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_by_country

Thanks! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Archived