TruckersID

Suggestion Name: Display TruckersID near with nickname.
Suggestion Description:
1. Peoples knows, that many players recording game process, so some of the perpetrators become smarter, and after accident very fast teleport or exit game. 
When player teleporting, not always have time to remember his ID. And if player exit from game, his ID does not matter. Worse, there was a case where perpetrator exit , and his ID was assigned to another player who had just entered the game. The victim wrote pinfo and receives information about a different player (not paying attention to different nicknames).

2. It is not always convenient to get information about the offender. For example, a dense traffics of trucks, must stop somewhere (and it is not always possible).

Any example images
3fb2fb6d29e8.png

Why should it be added?:
I suggest add option (by default disabled), that was display TruckersID near nickname (under or above). As a result, the offender will be punished by 100%, as he did not quickly teleported or exit from game.

15 minutes ago, Krypton418 said:

Do you mean the TruckersMP-ID or do you mean the In-Game ID?

TruckersID. I wrote on image ID, becouse TruckersID: 123456 was too long.

I do agree with this,  most people don't do reports so they would have it disabled. But i have experienced a couple of times that i couldn't report someone because i wasn't able to go through the tab to find them and click to get their ID.

If you can't impress people with your knowledge, confuse them with your nonsense.

Just now, Stryke said:

I do agree with this,  most people don't do reports so they would have it disabled. But i have experienced a couple of times that i couldn't report someone because i wasn't able to go through the tab to find them and click to get their ID.

Report through the tab is not highly effective, I think. First, it makes sense only when the admins online, secondly admin viewing report observes a short time for the offender, who has seen (or guessed) that his writing report and does not violate. Therefore, at the time when administrator watching him he did not violate, and goes unpunished.

2 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

You can always just use /pinfo [ID]. (ID as in the In-Game ID of which is assigned to players upon entering a server). 

In order to write / pinfo need to stop. This is especially true for those who play on the keyboard, as where typing, can't drive truck. And already affected could be the offender, thereby commit an accident. 

I have cases when I started write /pinfo and player has left the game, and the result was that this ID is not present, or that the ID has been assigned to another player ID intruder.

12 minutes ago, Mirrland said:

^ There is a logspawning file within your ETS2MP folder, showcasing all of the players of whom were in your game. 

It will look something like this:  

Serious?:) I will not delve into this nonsense.

Spoiler

5be9b1035802.png

Are there too many unnecessary movements due to the offender? My task is record it on video and show the admin. It is more practical.

Edited by x86Assembler

Just now, Batslav said:

There is way to check ID via logs as said above, but it will be much easier if we have ID instead of server number.
This way i will be able to just show video and it will contain the needed information in it.

Yeah. For example, in Calais - Duisburg road you can not manage to write for each /pinfo. All you need to do - it's just a video recording. Recorded full race, then crop the desired portion, or points timecode.

This would be a massive change and would require changes to upstream libraries iirc. so highly unlikely to happen. (declined for now, but if future allows without causing headaches, it can be accepted, but don't bother submitting the suggestion again)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.