Reorganization of traffic in the city of Duisburg (GER)

Goiás

Suggestion Name: Reorganization of traffic in the city of Duisburg (GER)
Suggestion Description: I create this subject with the purpose of not letting many users pass anger in Duisburg

Any example images: I will show below

Why should it be added?:

As you know, the Calais-Duisburg route is one of the most frequented and popular on the Europa server 2 and 3. Many users use the city of Duisburg as a meeting point, to exit, to load, to unload, etc. However, the city (which is small) does not support more than 50 users without giving FPS crashes, accidents, people cursing at CB Radio.

In my country (Brazil), more precisely close to the city where I live, the city administration reorganized traffic by placing the main roads one way, in order to make traffic more fluid. And that is my suggestion.

Lets go:

1st photograph: on the first avenue in Duisburg, where the LKW and the mechanical workshop are located.

2RQciRG.png

2st photograph: in the mechanical workshop of Duisburg.

Si4xhEn.png

3st photograph: crossing of tracks for who is entering Duisburg by the double track (leaving Dusseldorf);

IlkI8sl.png

4st photograph: Hotel. The rule is the same as the mechanic's shop.

URnu6XI.png

5st photograph: exit from the NBFG company. In this case the user should exit on the left.

MYy23ik.png

6st photograph: garage exit.

PthW2dq.png

7st: exit from LKW company. qllp524.png

I know the server can not add signaling boards because they do not mess with the official SCS map. But for a small town, the large stream of users is a nuisance and a lot for those who are going to download or load trailers. It does not cost a try!

Lastly, this is what traffic would be like in practice:

Q5HDK0l.png

I am open to suggestions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

Bit like the "Useless traffic at Europort" rule, nobody would follow it...

yep xd

whatever the admins do, people will ignore it and get banned

and yet people still dont listen to whatever signs etc is ingame

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

Its unlikely anyone would follow, or pay attention to this without serious enforcement by Admins.

People hardly pay attention to Admins or road signs as it is, so this wouldn't really help.

I like the detail in your suggestion though, very nice.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

4 hours ago, jkility said:

As many people have said, in theory it seem's a great idea. It's just the logistics, how would it be enforced exactly, I dont think it can

There could be some on-site stewards, something of the sort; Just as they did with the temporary closure of road Calais-Duisburg, closing all access routes.

That's a nice idea, but it's impossible that everyone will follow that rules.. In addition, the problem wouldn't be gone. There would be still 50 people or more in Duisburg.. they're just driving around in a circle (see picture 8) planning to drive via that bloody Duisburg-Calais Route to stuck into that traffic jam. It would be helpful when no traffic jam exists; there wouldn't left any interest to use that road in an excessive way.

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

5 minutes ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

That's a nice idea, but it's impossible that everyone will follow that rules.. In addition, the problem wouldn't be gone. There would be still 50 people or more in Duisburg.. they're just driving around in a circle (see picture 8) planning to drive via that bloody Duisburg-Calais Route to stuck into that traffic jam. It would be helpful when no traffic jam exists; there wouldn't left any interest to use that road in an excessive way.

I had thought of this suggestion because when I had to go to the garage I had a hard time just to get out of there with that crowd of users wanting to leave, causing an accident due to leaving the zone of non-collision and disrupting who uses that street to unload at the company. NBFG. It would improve the flow, in my opinion. But let's see if the staff agrees or not, who knows with an early warning the users can comply.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

As I told you: The idea is quite nice :) . But I do not believe that any player would follow that (new) rule. Some would, and others wouldn't.. but.. it's have to be tested! Maybe I'm thinking completely wrong :wacko: and most players (or all) will accept it. It's have to be tested !!

Exact! It does not cost a try!

• 6 months later...
  • Ashley locked this topic