new TAB: Change ping to distance

S2020

Scoreboard, which options to have?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Scoreboard, which options to have?

• Just Ping is enough
    • Just Distance is enough
    • Best to have both again in its glory

Pings are important but they are not precise, they fluctuate all the time so you cannot rely solely on a fixed value, here is a sample  monitoring of one of my remote sites over a period of ten minutes, see how it fluctuates. What you want out of this is an average, not a fixed value in time. In this graph the average over the 10 minutes is 250ms displayed in the graph as a dotted line. In the game this would be a Yellow.

2eppt92.png

So maybe add in setting option "Distance meter in tab menu" ?

Why it is distance meter for me important? When You drive in Convoy with your friend, you can check, do somebody are not receding from you. It just example. So if you will not want have distance meter, you will not tick the option in setting and everybody will be happy.

Thanks 

I disagree with you OP, Ping is important as it allows you to judge if a person is going to be lagging or not. You see those people who have their trucks pinging up and down on the roads, with the ping counter it shows you that they could do that if their ping is high.

I agree keep ping on there but also bring back distance as we are told to check and leave 60m when overtaking... How are we meant to tell this?

without it players are forced to look around on intersections instead of pressing TAB and checking if there's anyone around.

*cough* yes, without distance, they really do look around now, riiiight  :D

You can see very nice examples of looking around on reporting section... One that made me roll on the floor today 

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"