Custom Trailer Skins

Jordan2612

Question

I saw trailer editing was allowed, I just wandered how do i see my custom trailer skin in MP? I know its clientside and only i would see it, but i would custom skins for my VTC.

Ive tried editing a Trameri company on the base.scs but it still shows up as a Trameri trailer in MP. Is it possible to do it? Or do i have to continuously use the SCS trailer company livery.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Hi there,

I'm not a modder, so I don't really know what to do. On the other hand, @Forerunner is a modder and may be able to help you with this.

Also, if its only client side, its not an issue I don't think, but please be aware of the 'Excessive save editing' rule, as it is a bannable offense.

If you would like to have a look at some modded trailers already made, have a look here - http://forerunner-mp-mods.weebly.com/

Highway Ghost

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Hello, 

Okay so i'm not quite sure if it's possible to get custom trailer skins as I don't think they will be compatible with MP but there is a mod where you can have any color on your trailer if thats what you're talking about. Here you can choose what color trailer you want to use in mp and all you need to do to get this is 

1. Download the file your want

2. Once it it is downloaded go to My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod folder

3. After you have done that and it has finished downloading drag the folder into your mod folder

4. Load up your game and wait until you can select a profile. Do not select a profile, goto mod manager. 

5. Find the trailer skin you downloaded and enable it. 

6. Once you enabled it go out of Mod manager and click your profile which you will be using for MP.

7. Once your loading screen has finished go to job market and then you should have a list of trailers with the color skin on. 

8. Collect the trailer and save it somewhere out of the way of other players (No Collision Zone, side of the road etc.) and quit single player

9. Load up MP & enjoy :)

http://forerunner-mp-mods.weebly.com/ets2-painted-trailers.html

If this is not the case and it still doesn't work. This is probably because you have multiple trailer skin packs within one mod folder and it won't work because of it. 

Edited by Smalley
  • Upvote 1

Hello, unfortunately you can not use custom made trailer skins on multiplayer as everyone would have to download your trailer skin mod for it to work. They only way to have a custom trailer skin is to use forerunner's painted trailer mod which uses save editing. 

Coloured trailers: 

http://forerunner-mp-mods.weebly.com/ets2-painted-trailers.html

I hope this helps. :D

Topic locked & moved to Unsolved due to inactivity - last reply posted in November 1

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff