Ignoring red light

Suggestion Name:
Autokick if skip red light.
Suggestion Description:
I'm always stop red, even if there are no players near me. I would like to order in game. I don't like that many players find this game analogue NFS go something like this.

Why should it be added?:

I (and I think not only me) tired when I have green light, and someone ignores the red. As a result, accidents happen. If passed the red player automatically kicked from server.

Well, it isn't the most realistic feature to add since you wouldn't excactly get "kicked" out of the world if you go on red light in real life.

Also, imagine if you couldn't stop in time and acidentally went on red, then you would have to reconnect again because you got kicked out of the server, which wouldn't be quite practical. And then for convoys, that would be a big mess - splitted in several parts, etc. So there are several factors on this proving that it would probably be quite an unpractical feature to have.

Driving on red isn't a punishable offence as long as you don't conflict with anyone else while doing it, and most people go on red if it's safe, and that's the most effective and realistic setting for a multiplayer environment like this.

So I'm unfortunately not a big fan of this suggestion, even though it's for something good. But not a bad idea either.

• Upvote 1

Hi there,

I completely agree with @Leff12345 on this one. It would not be realistic in anyway.

Also, think about this. If you were the only one in the city, and there was no-one around you e.g. safe to go through a red light, wouldn't you want to? Why would you want to wait for no reason whatsoever. And then even worse, getting kicked for it.

Going though a red light is not considered a bannable offence, unless you cause a accident/crash while doing so. This would just get annoying, and frustrating, so a -1 on this suggestion.

Highway Ghost

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

5 minutes ago, Azzid said:

surely it would be better to start as a 3 strike and you out rule wouldn't it? so they have 3 warnings and if they get to the 4th they get kicked for a certain amount of time?

No, I am not suggest ban for this. Only kick.

8 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Predator [LET] said:

Hello @x86Assembler, this wouldn't be a great idea when you're attending a convoy. In convoys you don't stop at red lights to stay together. You can try to play on #Eu1(Simulator-Server). There most of the people take this game serious and stop at red lights! :)

Regards,

Predator

Unfortunately, there are few players, and usually go convoys. I prefer a single ride.

Just now, x86Assembler said:

Unfortunately, there are few players, and usually go convoys. I prefer a single ride.

That's okay if you prefere to drive alone. But for other players it would be pretty annoying to get kicked if they missed to break or as @Highway Ghost mentioned

6 minutes ago, Highway Ghost said:

If you were the only one in the city, and there was no-one around you e.g. safe to go through a red light, wouldn't you want to? Why would you want to wait for no reason whatsoever. And then even worse, getting kicked for it.

10 minutes ago, Leff12345 said:

Well, it isn't the most realistic feature to add since you wouldn't excactly get "kicked" out of the world if you go on red light in real life.

Also, imagine if you couldn't stop in time and acidentally went on red, then you would have to reconnect again because you got kicked out of the server, which wouldn't be quite practical. And then for convoys, that would be a big mess - splitted in several parts, etc. So there are several factors on this proving that it would probably be quite an unpractical feature to have.

Driving on red isn't a punishable offence as long as you don't conflict with anyone else whyile doing it, and most people go on red if it's safe, and that's the most effective and realistic setting for a multiplayer environment like this.

So I'm unfortunately not a big fan of this suggestion, even though it's for something good. But not a bad idea either.

If I am not able to brake in time, so I've bad driver, and it would be a fair punishment.

You are comparing game with reality, and what could be, if not calculate your speed and skip the red? You can kill a man.

Regarding the convoys - what prevents the convoy to gather outside the city? By your logic, if the convoy was going, he can pass the red, and all other players must pass their will? This is more chaos. The convoy will not every 5 minutes drive into a new city. Typically, this long distance. Rules one for all.

10 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Predator [LET] said:

...if they missed to break...

Kiсk is the best motivator not to miss the brake. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, stilldre1976 said:

Bit hard to leep a convoy in shape if its keeps getting broken up by lights tho.

tbh if am on my own in mp I don't bother foe red light if others are around then yeah.

am all for sim playing but waiting at a traffic light in a empty city is stupid tbh just a waste of time

Ok. Programmatically it can be realized automatically determine if there are a number of players.

Well, technically it is not allowed, because we have this one sentence (rule) on top of the rules listing (truckersmp.com/rules)

http://prntscr.com/d04l86

But because of fairnesss and the workload, we usually do punish it only when there is some other more dangerous incident connected with that offence

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

On 28.10.2016 at 7:36 PM, [LKW Tr.] Predator [LET] said:

@x86Assembler But then also you have to get kicked when your driving over the solid lane, don't use indicator's etc :)

I would be very pleased if realized it.

But there are a number of nuances. Sometimes accidents happen, the player forgets or does not know how to teleport. And this is happening at a solid / solid double. And then we need to go around

I also think that this would be excessive. And I've been hit by players that ran a red light while I was driving through a green one, but there are rules for this: record and report for reckless driving and ramming. Some people call it "an accident", I don't. If you are approaching a red light and can't see if someone is coming on the green side, stop and look, if you keep going and crash into another player, that's not an accident, that's reckless driving. I also run red lights depending on the situation, but if there's someone in my TAB list, I'll most probably stop. Just in case.

5 minutes ago, [LKW Tr.] Predator [LET] said:

But most of the players let them stay together because they are good guys. Also they pay attention when they are passing a traffic light

Not so true. Most players let convoys stay together on a red light because they have no other choice, it's that or drive and crash into the convoy. And convoy drivers don't pay a lot of attention if they can't see that the light is red, right? You don't need to run a red light to keep in the convoy. What happens if a convoy finds a train crossing and some of the drivers in the convoy need to stop? There's no way to run over a train crossing when the barriers are down, so the convoy breaks and keeps broken forever? Or do the players ahead slow down to let the others that had to stop join? Same thing can be done with red lights.

i ignore the red light when no one is around cos its pointless stopping so this would do my head in

• Upvote 2

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

3 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Well, technically it is not allowed, because we have this one sentence (rule) on top of the rules listing (truckersmp.com/rules)

http://prntscr.com/d04l86

But because of fairnesss and the workload, we usually do punish it only when there is some other more dangerous incident connected with that offence

Why? For example, when skip red, gettin message box about penalty. Replace this message with autokick. As for workload, I think, it increases due to the fact that starting traffic jam, because stuck players instead of leaving town use teleport.

I know what you mean. But as others told you, try EU1 server. EU2 is "just for fun" server. The only possible solution I see here is to add few more admins (1 in every busy city like Rotterdam, Duisburg,..), so there would be an extra power to kick and ban those, who cause accidents (e.g. at those junctions). But, it would be a really hard, dull work. For the simulator aspect (stopping at red lights, not speeding, etc.) try EU1.

8 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

record and report for reckless driving and ramming

Are you serious? Why write something that can be passed on to the server side, to automate this process?

Just a quick question regarding the suggestion.

Why should someone get kicked if they go on red when nobody are around? I know you aim at the people doing it recklessly, but the majority of people go on red when it's completely safe.

So having a kick implemented would probably just make people annoyed that they have to reconnect because of that.

And in the end, if you happen to experience someone causing an inconvenience by going on red light, just record & report or do it directly on the tab menu (as mentioned above).

this wont get added tbh

everyone jumps red lights if its safe or there is no traffic around

the server would be half empty most of the time

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

1 minute ago, Leff12345 said:

Why should someone get kicked if they go on red when nobody are around?

I wrote above that programmatically implement it as possible. As a programmer, I just know that it can be done. For example, near a controlled intersection, if there is the players, but they are at a distance of more than, for example, 200-300 meters, then autokick not work. Another thing is that the player can be close behind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.