auto kick when you dont have lights on past 8pm

chipmunk197

Hey! This is a one of them "pointless" suggestions in my opinion... Yes the rules state that players must have their headlights on between 19:00 and 07:00 but there is always people who forget this and also as a few other reply's has said... there are more important things to deal with.... For Example : ROTTERDAM! ;)

So in my personal opinion , I am giving this suggestion a -1 Sorry :)

The problem with rottadam is that there is way to much people just parking up and admins arnt kicking them or getting them to move on so that's coursing lag and the port dose not help as well coz that's a main port to Europe and sometimes Scandinavia so if admins kicked people who park in Rotterdam it won't be as laggy there's your problem solved on and the admins seems to attracted players too iv noticed

and the the auto kick will remind people to use their lights so there's another problem solved 

simples 

2 hours ago, Pheonix_Twitch said:

Hey! This is a one of them "pointless" suggestions in my opinion... Yes the rules state that players must have their headlights on between 19:00 and 07:00 but there is always people who forget this and also as a few other reply's has said... there are more important things to deal with.... For Example : ROTTERDAM! ;)

So in my personal opinion , I am giving this suggestion a -1 Sorry :)

Edited by chipmunk179

Hmm , In reply to what you have just said @chipmunk179 is that yes it may be useless traffic but people/players/truckers go there at their own risk... Yes i know it causes lag but it is not the admins job to sit at Rotterdam all day long and Kick/Ban players... they have other reports coming in , reports on the website , ban appeals and the list goes on for them to do each active day. Please remember that parking at Europoort and the road's surrounding that area are forbidden and are wrote in the rules but parking at Rotterdam is not.

Now going back to the main topic of this post... Just because people are not using their lights does not mean (in my opinion) to be kicked straight away... its senseless and it takes the realism out of the game which is a thing that a lot of players play and strive for. I'm trying to be fair here in a topic that i know from experience of other suggestions like this... this will be rejected.

I hope that clears my side of the story up :)

33 minutes ago, Pheonix_Twitch said:

Hmm , In reply to what you have just said @chipmunk179 is that yes it may be useless traffic but people/players/truckers go there at their own risk... Yes i know it causes lag but it is not the admins job to sit at Rotterdam all day long and Kick/Ban players... they have other reports coming in , reports on the website , ban appeals and the list goes on for them to do each active day. Please remember that parking at Europoort and the road's surrounding that area are forbidden and are wrote in the rules but parking at Rotterdam is not.

Now going back to the main topic of this post... Just because people are not using their lights does not mean (in my opinion) to be kicked straight away... its senseless and it takes the realism out of the game which is a thing that a lot of players play and strive for. I'm trying to be fair here in a topic that i know from experience of other suggestions like this... this will be rejected.

I hope that clears my side of the story up :)

But it would be nice to try it out and see if it works and if it dose then that's one problem off their hands but in real life depends on where you are you'll get a fine for it and then hopefully you'll learn but on the game most people have that option turned off cos they speed 

so a kick after a minute of driving would be the next step

so that's why I'm really wanting this to be added and hopefully it works 

But there is one major flaw in your "auto kick" theory - what if someone has a engine malfunction and cant turn their lights on or they are afk on the side of the road and they have a malfunction and thier lights go off and they get kicked... now that would be cruel and unfair and that would really annoy people cause i know it would annoy me to pieces.

All i'm saying is that i think it is a bad idea... STILL -1

12 hours ago, Pheonix_Twitch said:

But there is one major flaw in your "auto kick" theory - what if someone has a engine malfunction and cant turn their lights on or they are afk on the side of the road and they have a malfunction and thier lights go off and they get kicked... now that would be cruel and unfair and that would really annoy people cause i know it would annoy me to pieces.

All i'm saying is that i think it is a bad idea... STILL -1

Well it's ment to be annoying 

but in the case of been rammed then you would not be moving and an engine problems you'll still have the selection turnedlights on so you'll still have lights on 

I just want the people who drive around with no lights on to turn them on and they are not listening to admins request to have them on so a kick would get them to put them on that's all this suggestion is about 

i would like people to vote for this suggestion 

Hey, That poll is misleading , you should have put as the first option "auto kick for no lights on" but i will sit here and defend my point from a professional point of view... 

But there is one major flaw in your "auto kick" theory - what if someone has a engine malfunction and cant turn their lights on or they are afk on the side of the road and they have a malfunction and thier lights go off and they get kicked... now that would be cruel and unfair and that would really annoy people cause i know it would annoy me to pieces. Pheonix_Twitch

I voted "keep things as is"... STILL -1

4 hours ago, Pheonix_Twitch said:

Hey, That poll is misleading , you should have put as the first option "auto kick for no lights on" but i will sit here and defend my point from a professional point of view... 

I voted "keep things as is"... STILL -1

I couldn't fit it all on one line so I had to make it short :( 

This would not be a good idea to develop as it would take away from more important things on the list. This would be very difficult to code because it has to avoid non-rule breakers. The big issue is that when the engine is off, the lights will turn off. You suggested a timed kicked for the afk, but that is already in place. Engine malfunctions from damage cause the lights to dissapear, would you be kicked for that? In some areas in the game, the sun is still shining bright at 7pm, they would be auto kicked for forgetting? There are so many variables that it will take quite a bit of time to code, time that the mwl4 does not have. I think this may be plausible at some point but not right now. Let's see where the 2800 person ETS2 server takes us first :)

-Richard

43 minutes ago, rjbear178 said:

This would not be a good idea to develop as it would take away from more important things on the list. This would be very difficult to code because it has to avoid non-rule breakers. The big issue is that when the engine is off, the lights will turn off. You suggested a timed kicked for the afk, but that is already in place. Engine malfunctions from damage cause the lights to dissapear, would you be kicked for that? In some areas in the game, the sun is still shining bright at 7pm, they would be auto kicked for forgetting? There are so many variables that it will take quite a bit of time to code, time that the mwl4 does not have. I think this may be plausible at some point but not right now. Let's see where the 2800 person ETS2 server takes us first :)

-Richard

i have dose my homework on this and due to the fact of the auto kick for parkiing too long it would only take the person who did that code 30 mins tops then it goes to testing and thats would take 4 hours tops so who ever coded the auto kick for parking too long can do the auto kick for moving when no lights are on

^^ That sounds way more reasonable than an automatic kick/ban. (I say ban because it was mentioned above)

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

2 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

wait a sec, why put directly a kick - can't we have a small flashing low-beam light indicator thingy for like a minute as reminder and if we ignore it then we get kicked - it'll look cooler and it will give some time for people to react instead of instantly kicking them

no a warnging like the parking kick then a kick will happen if your still moving with no lights on 

2 hours ago, Cyrusj said:

^^ That sounds way more reasonable than an automatic kick/ban. (I say ban because it was mentioned above)

well admins say its a ban but only 2 admins will ban you the rest say its only kickable  so an auto kick after a 1 minute warning would solve the problem 

34 minutes ago, Beefy32659_YT said:

Hi @chipmunk179, I'm all for this idea since the administrators constantly moan at night when players don't turn on their main lights. If they're able to implement this feature then we'll be very happy.

:D

- @Beefy32659_YT

And that is why I come up with this suggestion but it's got mixed comments about it all 

but I can't see the problem with it iv done the homework on it and it's easy to code due to the parking auto kick that they have and it will save time for admins 

4 hours ago, Tablecookie said:

i have actually asked them if they would do something like this but they said they dont have the need too do anything for it as its only 1 player and you'll get a fine for it and the ai has auto lights on anyways 

but multiplayer dose have a need due to the face i can go on and just drive around and see at least 10 - 30 everynight shift 

and the option pole i did yesterday says that 83% of people who have done it says it should be put into the mod and if i could vote on the pole i say it should too

1 hour ago, chipmunk179 said:

The only problem is that people don't understand that lights are for players so see you but there is a lot that don't so that's what this is for 

its not like I'm trying to stop people from speeding but that would be nice coz 90% of crashes are courses by people speeding on the game 

i see players with no lights i can see them , and i am always speeding to get to my destination on time , i know what i am doing now because i am a veteran driver , but most of the time no traffic where i go witch is the best for me , maybe like 5 trolls on the country road  but that normal  for me to see that 

76561198098873827.png

But also the thing is i love playing  on ets2mp and atsmp  

if i was a real admin  or the one who makes the rules the only rules  that i would ban for  would be insulting & hacking   that about it  

small things  like lights or  something similar  to me its not really a big deal  .  i have my lights on all the time when its night  

but  i do agree that players  should always put lights on  etc.. and respect the rules as it is , before i never read the rules and never understood much , but when jm or tuxq  made new changes to the forums  i now know and everyone else should know as well , because when you download a new version it will  show u the rules , it was a bit different a  long time ago. 

76561198098873827.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.