Different color on in-game ID

Leff12345

Suggestion Name: Different color on in-game ID
Suggestion Description: So everyone has an in-game ID behind their Steam name displayed for everyone. It is currently colored the same as the Steam name which is white (over truck/car & in tab) and yellow (in chat). I think that changing the color of the ID will give its benefits without making too much of adjustments (if I'm of course not taking wrong though). And to mention, the colored ID doesn't have to be any spesific color. I think, that decision can go to the persons deciding that (if this suggestion actually goes through)
I do also think that Admins' ID color doesn't need to be changed as the red text is already clear and visible, from my view.

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: The main reason I think of this as a good idea is that it will make it easier to spot the in-game ID, in situations like reporting, etc. And when the in-game ID has a different color than the Steam name displayed, then it is harder for people to "fake" their IDs (as I've witnessed sometimes). And then resulting in better report effectivness and so on.

Examples:

-Current display: Leff12345 (459) (1969)

-Suggestion display: Leff12345 (459) (1969)

The ID 459 is a "faked" ID as described before, just giving it a perspective if the person happens to have a "faked" ID. And the color of the "Suggestion display ID" is just an example color, doesn't have to be the color blue.

Last note:

I don't think that people with an extra ID behind their name is any bad thing to have. Since it can be that the number with brackets happens to actually be a part of their Steam name which is of course completely fine. This suggestion is just for clarifying and just making things hopefully a bit easier :)

• Upvote 2

I agree with this, I think this could definitely benefit players and Admins alike. I sometimes get think that the Players ID is part of the players username, which with this addition, would be easily identifiable.

For Admins, this would be easier, as if it was in a colour, the players ID would be easier to see, therefore it would be quicker for the admin to Ban/Kick the player. Only what I believe, please say if that's not the case Admins.

It would be a good if the player could customize the ID colour, similar to the player dots on the map.

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

+1 I think this and the other suggestions in the comments are great ideas, A different colour number/id or box/background around it would be great and much easier for players and admins to see rather then the current white one, would help players get the number quicker and make it easier for admins to see the number so they won't ban the wrong person by mistake (I have one of those :P was sorted almost immediately so not really a big deal :P ) but ya it would be great if this was added/accepted

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

• 1 year later...

Not needed anymore since Steam names are not being used. Those people who have a number in their name can easily be identified by going onto the website and using the search function.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.