Road Rules/Traffic Laws Script

MELL00FR

Suggestion Name: Road Rules/Traffic Laws Script
Suggestion Description: Basically add some sort of script for road rules. Red lights, speeding, etc.

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: Players may not crash or break rules as often.

Road rules script? Whats this guy talking about? Basically a script that enforces the road rules. Say someone runs a red light. The script would automatically activate and give them a warning not to do it again. Speeding, same deal. They start speeding, the script pops up and tells them not to do it again. Obviously if the speed limit is 90 km/h, it won't automatically give them a warning, but if they surpass a certain speed, warnings should apply. There is a 24 hr cool down for each player. After say, 3 warnings according to each road rule being broken, the warnings may vary, and have different properties, but after the 3 warnings, it notifies the admins or mabe just the script it's self kicks/bans them for 24 hours. If the player is driving on the road and they get banned by the script, NO matter what, if the player likes it or not, they will be teleported or reset to the nearest NCZ. The first time road rules are being broken, there is a "first timers" limit before the kicking/banning takes place. After that, each road rules according to the script developer has it's own limits. For example, red lights may have 5 warnings before the kick/ban take place. Once they are kick/banned, their punishment is to be reset to the nearest NCZ so they don't spawn back 24 hours later in the same spot, possibly causing an accident due to the collision zone. "punishment" you may think. I was reading other topics in the suggestion category about fresh spawns automatically get sent to Non Collision Zones or something like that, if they are in Collision zone such as a road. I saw a couple comments along the lines that if the player had a load or trailer, it would either take them farther back or forward from their destination due to the NCZ's location and some people didn't agree with that idea. But what my suggestion does is if they get sent back to a NCZ for speeding or mabe some script for ramming (idk about that one) for the 24 hr "ban" I guess, that is their punishment for breaking that offence. 

What will this script do to help the in game playability? Basically, people would follow road rules a LOT more. If it were me and I got warning for speeding, I would slow tf down so I don't get punished. But of course, there are concerns. "What about the servers with speed limiters dis-abled? I wanna drive fast! if I can and not cause anybody harm, whats the big deal?" Well true, maybe there could be dedicated servers for this script somehow for the people who wanna drive like a pro, or servers where people wanna have fun and drive fast. Driving fast is fun I must admit, but iv'e seen soo many crashes and roll overs its not even funny. I just wanna play this MMO game without people ramming my butt at a stop light and continuously explode their horns and blow up their fog lights carving their way through a black hole. I mean seriously! A stop light doesn't take 30 seconds, maybe a minute at most. I was also thinking of some sort of driving simulator test thing you have to pass before actually being able to play multiplayer. Even veteran drivers have to take it before they can play again to ensure they know all the road rules and in-game rules but that's not the main topic here. 

Last thing. Scripts are very hard to make. Especially one as elaborate as this one. That's why I really don't expect this to happen anytime soon, or at all, just a mere suggestion. Or it might be happening now, idk lol. If something like this is, please inform me. Also, of course, comment any faulties or ideas you may have for my suggestion down below, and we will clear it up. Thanks for reading. I hope you take this in some sort of consideration. Also, sorry if this has been suggested before, I just didn't see any topics like this one within the first 4 pages of suggestions.

Thank you :)   

^^ "I just didn't see any topics like this one within the first 4 pages of suggestions." so I thought I might as well give it a shot lol. Didn't really expect much positive feedback from people. Also I did suggest creating a different server just for this script so the people who actually wanna play with other "veteran" drivers, can. Which that may vary the population on other servers, maybe for the good, maybe for the bad. Just a mere suggestion.

• Upvote 1

-1 If this was implemented across all servers I am certain that the amount of players would drop dramatically. Why? Everyone speeds, I for sure don't follow the speed limit. I for sure won't wait at a 5 minute red light, unless of course people that have the right of way are present. If this was implemented I'd be banned every week. 

I might be able to see it on the 'simulation' servers (EU1 etc. where the few people who like to obey the laws play) But I doubt they'll even add this. I'm sure they have more important things to develop than people speeding and running red lights

• Upvote 1

sound a bit fair fetched tbh the rules are good as they are :)... 

• Upvote 1

a2b.png   speed.png

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbQ2IbkACMIbXZA_1Bw3HYA                                                                                                                        

-1 for me.

This should be common sense, as on real roads, but I disagree of the "script" for two simple reasons:

- If there is no one at the intersection, except me, I'll not wait for the signal to turn green.
- The traffic offenses can be disabled in the own game. Imposing a Ban or Kick for passing a red light or speeding is unnecessary.

76561198274653564.png

-1, Could be implemented in EU 1 etc but what happens if someone accidently goes a few mile per hour (Or KMH) over the speed limit a few time, Would they get a kick or a ban? Also, as far as I know, The reason there is no speed limiter on EU2/3 is so you can speed a bit and sometimes you have to speed if you are doing jobs with a tight schedule. Overall, Definitely a -1 from me.

Matthew Prestwood,

Freelance Website Developer

matthewstridgen.co.uk

-1 for one, this game is not a hardcore simulation, I mean, look at Singleplayer, you hit a car, you get fined, that's it, IRL, you would get hauled over the coals, unable to drive for a while and could even face criminal charges.

The rules as they stand are as clear cut as they can be for everyones safety and enjoyment.

As others have said, you start adding rules, regulations and such to the game, most of us who use the game as a way to relax and unwind after a long day will not bother playing MP, we will just go onto SP or another game instead. Sure if there was a 110% hardcore server where everything is set to real world standards, that would be cool, but that's a long long way off in the future, if at all because of the limitations of both game and what the team can add to the game, as well as the cost factor in all of that.

At the end of the day, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mixed thoughts about this, so can't say either -1 or +1 from me, but that's not so important.

But as most of the others say, may be a bit hard to add and may take some time (and many other arguments), plus that speeding and running red lights isn't the main problem people do when they do stuff that is not allowed. But still, really nice thinking, was interesting to read. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2016 at 8:16 PM, AlexKERNEL said:

-1 why waste time on trifles? Let's create a script that replaces players brain, reads the rules and he drives a truck.

Thank you for a funny reaction :)

But as for me? I woud be banned every absolute day and afterall this is not a hardcore simulation (as mentioned above) i think if this was going to be implimented there woud be a massive drop of players

In conclusion

Hello

My name is Sten

If you have any problems feel free to message me

And if you think i deserve a +1 rep feel free to give it to me

76561198060105562.png

-1 As others have said this is a game not a hardcore simulator and implementing something like this would just ruin MP, the numbers of players would drop dramatically. Most people play the game to relax and have fun. This sort of thing would ruin the game for me and alot of others. Most people speed. I love to speed and almost never obey the speed limit and I also don't obey red lights unless their are people who have the right of way passing or in a busy place like Rotterdam. I'd be banned within a day or 2 if this system was brought in so big -1 from me

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.