[Suggestion] Make it a requirement for admins to have ban footage on bans

Before I even start writing my suggestion I just want to make it clear I'm not complaining about the admins or the current admin systems, I just feel doing this would make it a lot fairer to anyone who gets a ban

Suggestion Name: Make it a requirement for admins to have ban footage on bans
Suggestion Description: Make it a requirement for admins to have ban footage on bans

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: Makes the system fairer and makes it easy to tell if someone is abusing the position (Granted, this doesn't happen often)

Edited by TrademarkGamer
  • Upvote 1

Can you elaborate a bit? What do you mean? Having videos instead of screens, or making a rule for admins to have a footage / screenshots / any proof basically for bans? 

Anyway, if you mean recording in general instead of screens, some of our admins don't really have a strong PCs, so max. they could do is record on their phone which wouldn't look good lmao.

Trademark, A lot of admins do record and then add the footage later when the ban appeal comes in, Theoretically you think how long an admin sits ingame for at any given time.

If they were to add evidence for each ban as they go along or even after they log off, they could 1 miss more chaos happening and 2 they would have to spend less time in game to then process the evidence aswell for after. 

The system they have now works, so why change it - Person gets banned -> submits ban appeal requesting evidence -> admin gives evidence -> decides whether to accept or reject appeal.

Regards

Djinsomnia

1 hour ago, Djinsomnia said:

Trademark, A lot of admins do record and then add the footage later when the ban appeal comes in, Theoretically you think how long an admin sits ingame for at any given time.

If they were to add evidence for each ban as they go along or even after they log off, they could 1 miss more chaos happening and 2 they would have to spend less time in game to then process the evidence aswell for after. 

The system they have now works, so why change it - Person gets banned -> submits ban appeal requesting evidence -> admin gives evidence -> decides whether to accept or reject appeal.

Regards

Djinsomnia

Well, my process is give a ban => log out => check the profile => make a video for youtube => add the evidence to the ban

I am not going to wait for an appeal and this happens with all my bans (or majority) xd

I think it has been a requirement since january (can a member of the MP team clarify this) to have evidence anyways. Just think of it this way, You cant charge someone for something irl without a good lot of evidence, so you cant on here either XD

As I think has been said, without evidence the ban cannot be sustained.

Evidence has to be available for the full duration of the ban, then a month after that.

If there is no evidence, all someone has to do is email feedback and they will overturn the ban, IF there is no evidence. 

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

• 3 weeks later...
On 25 July 2016 at 1:56 AM, Sysgen said:

We all record every ban already, it is a requirement to be an admin, most of us supply the video proof only when an appeal is done because it takes time to edit the video and upload to youtube. 

I have videos of every ban I've done since I started  last year.

The recordings aren't always accurate though because you banned me once and I did literally nothing wrong, I yielded at the stop sign and proceeded out of the pick up depot and because your camera angle showed the road you couldn't see me stop but I did and it was wrong of you to ban me that time. 

1 hour ago, kellan1995 said:

The recordings aren't always accurate though because you banned me once and I did literally nothing wrong, I yielded at the stop sign and proceeded out of the pick up depot and because your camera angle showed the road you couldn't see me stop but I did and it was wrong of you to ban me that time. 

Regarding your particular case, stopping isn't sufficient, starting to drive without it being clear is the issue, which it clearly wasn't.

I think this suggestion can safely be rejected as well since recordings are already required, but requiring admins to upload every single piece of evidence is too much of a burden to ask of admins to perform to be even possible to ask them to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.