Automatic Parking

Fides_

Suggestion Name: Quick Park / Automatic Park
Suggestion Description: To return the single player feature of automatic parking at the end of a job. Possibly having the choice to have it or not.

Any Example Images?: Nope
Why Should it be Added?: I think that lots of players, including myself would benefit greatly with this feature.

I know that most people will complain to me saying 'But it's more realistic if you park the truck by yourself'. I understand that, however, for some players it is not as easy to reverse into the loading bay and it is rather frustrating.

I suggest that if you want to park manually because its more realistic then by all means go ahead. But i know for a fact that more people would enjoy the game more and be less delayed and frustrated if you could finish a job with ease. It may also reduce the amount of trucks in the loading bays, reducing the queues and player count in turn reducing the lag for the particular area.

I am also aware of a lag issue, but i know not everybody will be using this feature. The only other solution I can think of for this problem is to have a separate server for auto park.

I hope my request will be considered and added as it would allow me to enjoy the multiplayer mod even further.

-Fides_

That could be useful for the people who cannot park manually. But I don't know how easy/difficult it should be to make it work on MP. If it's disabled now I suppose there must be a reason for it.

Like @des on the comment above, I too like to park manually (only used Auto-Park once and it was to get the achievement) but in MP sometimes it is a pain because of the amount of people parking in the same spot as you and taking ages to do it. I'm good at manual parking but often when that happens I have issues to maneuver because I simply cannot see where the fudge I am going thanks to all the people blocking my view of the parking spot.

Still... that wouldn't solve the problem of the people who finish their deliver but then won't leave the parking spot.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I like to park manually too but when there are 20 people trying to park in one space it can be difficult... so an auto-park feature would be nice. But I think that they removed it due to lag. But even though it is a truck simulator, IRL there are multiple loading/delivery bays in most large job centers (supermarkets and all that jazz) and only one in game per job center. unless if the devs can implement more delivery zones (which I doubt due to having to change the map) then I think that they should try to implement this if possible. I don't really want t wait 20 mins for everyone to finish because even with no collisions it is difficult to park when 20 people are trying to do the same thing.

Timmy.png

1. Learn how to park. Seriously.

2. Auto parking causes tons and tons of lag. + Your truck goes flying after activating autopark

1) After over 500 hours in game I actually do know how to park. Seriously.  

It is not always easy even for people who are every experienced of parking trucks in this game to see were they are parking when 30 people are parking all at once. And sometimes, it is preferable just to quick park than to wait 15 mins for a new driver to park his load.

2) Surely there must be a way around this?  Could it just have been a line of mis-coding (I know nothing about coding apart from that it can,and often, goes wrong).

I'm guessing twin trailers is a big part of that "realism" then...   ( credit to des)

Exactly, will we only see these special trailers only in Scandinavia when it comes around? I doubt it... So realism should not be a problem, especially when (as I said earlier) there are very often in "large job centers" (shopping centers, work sites,etc) there are multiple delivery bays and not just one. 

Timmy.png

Aaaah! So that's the reason why it is disabled. I figured there should be a reason for that feature to be off. Just didn't didn't know what was it.

Heh... must be funny to see someone's truck simply take-off once they enter the NCZ of a company and activate the auto-parking. lol

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Ahhhh Okay I didn't realize the extent of the lag ^^! Auto parking; taking trucking to the next level!

Timmy.png

Learn how to park and thats all. 

Seeing as both of us have over 300 hours in game I think that you can assume that most players with over 50 hours playtime know how to park properly... but sometimes I just can't be bothered to wait for 5 mins for 10 people to park and then wait another 10 whilst they go and get a drink,go to the loo,heave tea,etc.

Timmy.png

The autopark option isn't reeeally necessary, but can help in situations like with dozens of truckers trying to park at the same place with cargos clipping through each other which are surely disorienting and confusing. I find myself using exterior camera, and even this does not guarantee fast parking.

• Upvote 1

I think the "flying trucks" is like how some times if you get a job and head over to your trailer and someone else has picked a job then there trailer spawns on top of yours making it go through the floor and such, the trailer does't become collision free until its hooked up to the truck, im guessing if they coded the trailers to be cotillion proof all would be right with the world again,... im guessing its to much/hard to bother with

7572736451.png

Seeing as both of us have over 300 hours in game I think that you can assume that most players with over 50 hours playtime know how to park properly... but sometimes I just can't be bothered to wait for 5 mins for 10 people to park and then wait another 10 whilst they go and get a drink,go to the loo,heave tea,etc.

Like Chris said, you allways can swap to SP to park (or to use the automatic noob parking system) if you really need it.

anyways, i think this mod REALLY need other things first and MUCH more important.

anyways, i think this mod REALLY need other things first and MUCH more important.

Everyone KNOWS that. The reason why suggestion board is here - everyone can post a suggestion, even if it's not relevant atm. It still can be accepted and set to low priority. There is no need to tell everyone that more important things exist.

• Upvote 1