Use your Beacon only if you have a Oversize Load

^^ With a couple of extra lights on a rooftop bar and another couple on a bullbar, you see the road almost as if it were daylight. I don't get how using beacons will help seeing better when driving at night. I use them, but just one of those "radiants" and only when hauling 70 limited trailers, most of which have their own radiant on the back. And that's because I drive by the speed limits, and it's better to be seen from far away when driving at night, 70 Km/h, on a highway in EU#2...

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

^^ You're welcome. Just in case, don't forget to activate those extra lights by hitting F4, they are inactive by default. And they work only when you have highbeams on, so you should remember to switch to regular headlights when there are other players in front of your truck, out of respect.

Edited by FernandoCR

All in all, this is just a bad idea, sure there should be a rule for the use of beacons, but it shouldn't be a bannable offence or anything, just a written rule that you should use your beacons only at night and with non refer or other box trailers or if there is an accident  ahead, beacons can be used to warn people (unless the accident is a major one or if more than a few trucks are in the area, otherwise lag prevails).

Personally, I hardly ever use beacons, if the trailer has them and its the dead of night, then ill turn them on outside of High Traffic Zones. Too many people pull standard box trailers and have trucks with a billion Beacons which just isn't right.

the thing is if this rule "only use beacons by heavy loads or at dangerous parking areas" get accepted, the most players will drive heavy loads = beacons on = lags ! and imagine if everyone drives through Rotterdam Europoort with beacons on and heavy loads i probably think it costs more traffic and more FPS !!! 

On 6/10/2016 at 11:06 AM, Kazuma said:

I absolutely dislike this idea and i hope this rule wont be added to the server. I use beacon in full dark because in this way i see the road completely. It's not real life, beacon in ETS2 does not hurt the eyes

Have you read what they themselves wrote? Low beam and high beam headlight helps you to see the road. Beacons flash and no help in this. What nonsense is this?

@DiegoLBC1 And you know, in addition to other goods I drive helicopters, excavators and yachts. Why should I disable beacons for those who abuse them?

• Upvote 1

10.jpg?_1693113983

@[RUS]goshawk2015 With the introduction of the rules most gamers quickly calm down. So as to carry heavy loads this is not the seeds to be transported in conventional trailers. 

A Troll who will continue to ignore the rules will receive punishment. I always see trucks with conventional trailers, tadpoles that have enabled the beacons.

@DiegoLBC1 Why should I turn off in the settings of the beacons for the sake of those who use them for other purposes? I carry the dangerous cargo, I carry the oversize - I have to turn on the beacons. But I don't want their other players in order to be blinked. I clearly expressed my stance on the gameplay or need more comments?

10.jpg?_1693113983

^ Yes. Thanks.

In addition to oversized cargo, we provide transportation of dangerous cargos (ADR). During transportation of which we are obliged to turn on the beacons. But beacons are being misused - it's not right. It should not be ban - kick from the server. A lovely reminder to read the rules. But if at first you don't understand the ban. I'm for it.

10.jpg?_1693113983

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:22 AM, AlexKERNEL said:

^ Yes. Thanks.

In addition to oversized cargo, we provide transportation of dangerous cargos (ADR). During transportation of which we are obliged to turn on the beacons. But beacons are being misused - it's not right. It should not be ban - kick from the server. A lovely reminder to read the rules. But if at first you don't understand the ban. I'm for it.

Saying that people should only use beacons for wideloads is excessive because really we don't have any wide loads at the moment, I mean, the closest there is, is the High Power DLC loads like the Tractor which sticks out just barely off the sides of the trailer, its not exactly a life threatening situation with that load at all, so in theory, if a rule like this is applied, then no one at all will be allowed to use beacons because, by logic, there is no Oversized loads in the game.

Furthermore, the only rule that I want/wish for to do with beacon usage is to limit the use of beacons in EP/Rotterdam and other High Traffic Areas, but anywhere else, people can do what they want with their beacons, after all, not everyone wants to play hardcore simulation mode every time they play MP.

Think of it this way, the Rules for MP should be strict but allow for players to have a choice of play styles from hardcore simulation driving, to casual fun with friends doing what they want (within reason).

Also, if your PC struggles when people have their beacons on, you can turn off the option in the settings that allows secondary lights and beacons to have their laggy glow, much like turning off AI traffic headlight reflections in SP, youll se the light "on" but there will not be any glow or affect on the environment as the person passes meaning lag is reduced, so in theory, if people are finding it hard with lag from beacons, then this setting should be changed for their benefit and allowing us with better PCs to enjoy the light show and to allow people to do what they want, without being yelled at and treated like a prisoner in a concentration camp with strict governing rules against the smallest thing, like breathing.

^ The use of beacons is not just limited to the transportation of oversized cargo. They should be included in transportation of dangerous cargo (ADR). Now is  time of Steam discount and corresponding DLC will have of many players. In my view, this is not hardcore - this is the order.

You propose to introduce a rule only for Rotterdam and EP. Tomorrow the congested city will become Calais. What to do? The question is rhetorical. I have nothing more to add in the future. Thanks for the discussion.

10.jpg?_1693113983

^if you read my whole post, I said to add the rule about beacon usage to high traffic areas, this includes EP, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Calais and all the other highly congested places on the map, that's the common sense of it all really.

Also, Introducing a rule saying you can only use beacons if you haul this, this and this, will mean that people will ONLY take those loads in order to use their beacons. no, as I said before, fi you are having FPS issues, just change your settings so that it doesn't effect you that much, why spoil the mod potentially for others, just to please what you want?

Just as I can not force anyone to turn off the view of beacon lights in game settings, I don't can determine how many beacon can use, for the same reason.

ETS2 is a GAME of simulation, but no "real life". Similarly, the ADR cargo doesn't real dangerous, and oversized cargo isn't realy "oversized". It's much rule "for nothing".

76561198274653564.png

• 1 month later...

I absolutely support this request. So many people drive with beacons on and it's pretty annoying when you enter a busy city and all you see is a flood of yellow lights. While transporting hazardous cargo or basically transporting anything on a flatbed beacons should be allowed but towing a boxed trailer or going tractor only using the beacons should be prohibited.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.