Use your Beacon only if you have a Oversize Load

Suggestion Name: Use your Beacon only if you have a Oversize Load

Suggestion Description: Like in real life it should be a rule that the usage of the Beacon is only permitted, if you have a Heavy Load (like the Pipeline-Part) or a wide Load (Like the Traktor RS-666), or if you have to stop at dangerous places, like the Hardshoulder or if you are a pilot for a Convoy.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: especially on narrow Roads, this rule would be extremly useful. You are then able to see if you need to make room for such a Truck

it would also reduces Lags in areas with high traffic volume, such as Europoort
  • Upvote 5

error.png

@RhysH you posted same statement twice and actually anything large on a flatbed isn't an oversize load

an oversize load (or overweight load) is a load that exceeds the standard or ordinary legal size and/or weight limits for a specified portion of road/highway or other transport infrastructure, such as air freight or water freight. There are also load per axle limits. However, a load that exceeds the per-axle limits, but not the overall weight limits, is considered overweight. Examples of oversize/overweight loads include construction machines (cranes, front loaders, backhoes, etc.), pre-built homes, containers, construction elements (bridge beams, generators, windmill propellers, rocket stages, industrial equipment).

Referenced From Wikipedia 

So basically it has to take up a good portion of the highway/road

• Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

@RhysH :D i like being technical sometimes people that never knew this now they know :D haha

• Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

@Truckerpilot in Germany these regulations apply:

1. Large Loads = large dimensions and minor weigt (Tin tank...)
  2. Heavy Loads = Minor dimensions but major weight (i.e. Counter-weights for cranes)
  3. Heavy- and Large Loads = a Combination from 1. + 2. (z.B. Locomotives, Turbines...)
  4. Long Loads =  Loads that are longer than 20 Metres (Roof Truss, Bridge Girders)
  • Upvote 1

error.png

@Betjon how would you suggest The admins implement this rule? because they cant go around and ban/kick everyone they see with beacons on. I mean i get your idea yes but i look at it like this. During the day sometimes your beacons are on and you dont even realize they are on their isnt any light or warning light in the truck to tell you when your beacons are on so if this were a rule and admins could kick for it then alot of people from the server would get kicked i know sometimes i do forget my beacons on during the day. 

• Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

Im just saying the likely hood of them implementing a rule like this is very low. I like using my beacons at nights when cruising down back roads that dont have alot of light on them. so i should get kicked for that? im not harming anyone and trust me simply turning off beacons wont reduce lag in europort. your still going to get bad lag

• Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

@AlexKERNEL I do understand that i use high beams but i use my beacons at night in dark roads because i have had cases where trucks behind me dont have their lights on and the slam right into my back not seeimg my trailer lights so as a precaution i use my beacons. I see nothing wrong with the use of beacons going down a dark road at all. And your relating it to much to the real world. You still have to remember this isnt the real world. Certain real world things can be implemented  but some just wouldnt work

• Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

I support this proposal, and others like him, only because it is necessary to improve the culture and good manners of the players. Respect on the road. To instill this. Young drivers ETS/ATS will soon grow and will be released on a real road. The mulipleer have a unique opportunity to teach young drivers the rules and respect for other road users. Who does not want to learn - to take away the rights (to send to the ban).

10.jpg?_1693113983

And you have all rights to support the proposal nothing wrong with your opinions. But i just think your basing this way to much off of the real world. If beacons in MP bother you that much why not just stick to single player? A lot of people do like to use their beacons i follow every rule of the game. If this was a rule that was implemented would i follow it? of course i would. But its like taking away something that players love using and that isn't harming anyone. A ban is way to much for something like that in my opinion and im sure other people agree @AlexKERNEL

Edited by Truckerpilot
i said rule of rule of
  • Upvote 1

TruckerPilot

No way do I agree with this. Some of my trucks have beacons and I like to and will use them. This would be a very unfair rule. I see loads of trucks going around using beacons even when pulling box trailers (I do too). I usually turn them off in Rotterdam though (unless I'm pulling diggers/tractors etc) I love the beacons and what you've suggested should not be introduced. 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.