TruckersMP ID

Groofy PL

Suggestion Name: Replace ingame player ID number to TruckersMP ID
Suggestion Description: When player joins server it gets ID number based on free slot on server and it chnges everytime. OK, but let's change this number to TruckersMP ID which is unique to every player and constant.

Any example images: Attached file

Why should it be added?: For now reporting during game is really pain in the.... so I started to use recording software and when i make a video i must dig trough logs which are sometimes quite large, but that's not the point. Players sometimes change their names in game so when I want to report guy A it shows name B, which can lead to misbans, and admin must trust me that I found right ID. But if ingame display TruckersMP ID there will be clear record on screenshot or on video that Ban goes to guy A.

Ps. Sorry for bad english, but I hope You will get my point.

ID.png

I think this should not replaced, but I think there could be an option to add these to the playerlist.

Another idea could be to toggle between these two id's when howering the name or clicking at the id itself (if the way these lists are created allow's this).

It's easier to remember/type in a 4 digit number than a 6 digit number.

Especially when you have to be fast as an admin, long digit numbers can be bad for ban handling

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I like this idea but i think it would be nice if it were tweaked a little. Maybe instead of REPLACING the InGame ID with the TMP ID, there could be a section on the TAB Menu which has their TMP ID. This would most likely result in a small widening in the Menu however, it would be cool to see it implemented.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

2 hours ago, Groofy PL said:

For now reporting during game is really pain in the....

Well...You can use:

• /pinfo <ID> to get any player's full name, TruckersMP id and SteamID
  • ingame report shows you name and IDs above the report reasons - http://prntscr.com/b4webd
  • You can get the IDs through logs
  • You can even search for the IDs trough the site

2 hours ago, Freddyk said:

You can see the Truckers ID when you select player and click report on him.

You can always use "/pi 760" in chat.

ok but this is dangerous while driving, and i saw players logging off after they cause problems...

2 hours ago, Akuba said:

I think this should not replaced, but I think there could be an option to add these to the playerlist.

Another idea could be to toggle between these two id's when howering the name or clicking at the id itself (if the way these lists are created allow's this).

Ok You are right both numbers will be better.

2 hours ago, RayRay5 said:

It's easier to remember/type in a 4 digit number than a 6 digit number.

Especially when you have to be fast as an admin, long digit numbers can be bad for ban handling

Ok i agree with that. I want to use TMP ID for reporting after play on site.

2 hours ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

I like this idea but i think it would be nice if it were tweaked a little. Maybe instead of REPLACING the InGame ID with the TMP ID, there could be a section on the TAB Menu which has their TMP ID. This would most likely result in a small widening in the Menu however, it would be cool to see it implemented.

That's really good improvement.

35 minutes ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Well...You can use:

• /pinfo <ID> to get any player's full name, TruckersMP id and SteamID
  • ingame report shows you name and IDs above the report reasons - http://prntscr.com/b4webd
  • You can get the IDs through logs
  • You can even search for the IDs trough the site

Yeah i know these methods, but imagine You are driving sth happen You make record and continue journey, then view record and that's all.

So for futher consideration I'll like to edit my suggestion into adding TruckersMP ID into TAB window instead replacing it.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.