Confused Over Tweet From @TruckersMP About An Authorised Mod

ClownPrince

I was told that any mods downloaded via link son this thread were authorised:

I was told that I could download a new engine from one of the websites listed there, in this thread:

So I download the one from the 2nd website which is the one here: http://mods.wotmp.com/mod/ats-peterbilt-579-625hp-motor.html 

However, since creating a video showing people how to download, install and use the mod I received this tweet from TruckersMP:

So is this tweet just stating that if I was to change the engine in a save file (which I didn't do) can lead to a ban or the use of that mod entirely can lead to a ban?

The last thing I want to do is get myself or my friends banned.

The mod doesn't edit a save file.

Thanks.

signature.png

This is about putting the car engine in a truck. You can swap engines between trucks but putting the car's engine in a truck is not a good idea.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^ same concept, tho what exactly happens when you put a 8000nm engine in a truck in game?

Putting a trucks engine limits the car but I've never tried the other way...

Tho now that I have the car in sp I could always try myself but if a video exists that be better to see than try (sp/mp have different directories now)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

40 minutes ago, scarface0359 said:

This is about putting the car engine in a truck. You can swap engines between trucks but putting the car's engine in a truck is not a good idea.

This needs to be added in the rules then. Trucks are heavier and have better brakes than the car so they are no more dangerous with its engine. If you were to change the data, engine and transmission then you would have a problem as the data holds the weight of the different parts. As I said, this needs to be clarified in the rules for the reasons above. At the moment the rule only states that truck without cabin and cars with larger hitboxs are bannable, it says noting about the engine.

@Darth Wazawai they can accelerate faster (no too fast IMO) and go at higher speeds (by about 30mph more)

Some rules are way too broad... Excessive modding is one... One admin could have a different idea on excessive and is very hammer happy... So you could drive by one w/o issue than 5 minutes later get banned by another in the same vehicle...

My video of a car with a truck engine:

Ah ok so perfectly controllable for the right person then... Won't try it as I've got no need for it (my MAN Scania Benz combo is fast/powerful enough for me)

SUS0M9O.gif

@Forerunner569 not sure which part of my post you're referring to.

If the excessive modding no proper definition is given.

If about the engine @Clarkinator's post makes it sounds like no-one can drive...

"hauling a trailer and causes reckless driving."

Just because the average user can't dive the car doesn't necessarily mean tho who can can't dive trucks with car engines. I know where they're coming from bit poor wording nonetheless...

Now for shear curiosity I'm going to throw in the car engine in my modded MAN on sp and see this 100% guaranteed reckless driving (i just read your post Clark)...  If no results the cars transmission too (I'll be recording and uploading it)

Just because vodka can't drive it doesn't mean I or others can't... Tho he really shouldn't drive under the influence :P

There's a reason why I drive a MAN with a Scania engine, Benz transmission you know... It's the most powerful, highest speed and acceleration in game ;)

SUS0M9O.gif

@Darth Wazawai I was referring to you saying you didn't know what happened with a car engine in a truck. I think the rule should be if you are reckless driving with this mod then you get banned for a slightly extended time. you can drive properly with one of these as I said above. But rules are rules, I recommend if you are using one of these you change the engine (some people may be using them ATM as the rule was only mentioned 10 hours ago)

I'm not using one, like I said my MAN with the Scania engine is powerful enough :P I'm going to try it on sp however ;) (that's at least 15 hours from now)

But yea like everything else it should be of you cause issues towards others it's banable, not "because we've only had reports about trolls using this we're down right disallowing it" <_< imagine if that was the case for my trucks setup because it's the most powerful setup for base file modding...

SUS0M9O.gif

Now "Thor" has dropped himself into the tweet and said that it is classed as save file editing - when it doesnt touch the save file, it just adds another truck. 

If the engine mod given on one of your authorised websites is not allowed then the rules need to reflect this I think because from my understanding and from the other thread I created - it is fine.

The only time I have gone near a save file is to test out Lewis' guide on adding truck paints to cars.

signature.png

We accepted the mod website months ago and it has been updated several times since then to include several more mods that we don't necessarily approve of. Remember how speedhacking is an issue? Well, a truck with a car engine looks like that when moving. Those cars have a lot of power and users tend to roll them all the time because they get too much speed and try to take a gentle corner and find that they have too much speed and oversteer into a barrier. Now add a trailer to the mix and you see my problem.

The only mods I see that can cause issues are the texture and camera view ones (first/last) others I can't see would cause too much hassle as long as they are used properly... Ask the weighted trailer are, are copies (I've not tried nor opened the files, just based on names from a old user here who made mods for ets2mp, search 120 ton challenge) 

@Clarkinator so a truck with a car engine causes the vehicle to glitch at speeds under 100 kph? The speed hack causes obvious lag/jumping and speed boost (report video lying around somewhere with someone using it) which I doubt the cars engine would duplicate.

SUS0M9O.gif

@SingingTurnip I'd assume it's not okay to use them until there is concrete evidence stating otherwise. I feel that's better than assuming its ok and then finding out its not when you get banned. Let the rules establish themselves first is my suggestion. Good luck with this, Truckers' MP administration, this doesn't look easy to solve. 

EDIT: To further sound like a kiss...up...I also want to remind everyone that what the Truckers' MP staff is trying to do is very difficult. We're essentially asking them to apply solid, unyielding rules to a concept, something that has so many damn variables it's technically impossible to enforce. Think about it. The rules state drive like this...but not everyone will drive like that for literally an infinite amount of reasons, some of which, are completely justifiable. But you have to punish everyone equally...again guys, a person driving a car or truck down the highway already creates hundreds of possibilities. With a lack of any physical restraints in a game world...(IE you won't die when you hit a barrier at 200 MPH) then people naturally get more reckless. A lack of ability to arrest and restrain and no prison system to fear...you can't police the road in the game and you can't give it solid rules really....so basically I'm just trying to ask everyone to consider that and be patient while the staff works out the issues.   

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

Truck engine swaps are ok, you can even put a truck engine I a car or a truck transmission in a car as it reduces the speed of the car to about 120 km/h ;)

What we are talking about is car engines in trucks :P you can take the w900 engine and put it in another truck if you wanted too ;) that's perfectly allowed

So basically for engines:

Truck to truck = ok

Truck to car = ok (Idk why you'd do it tho, it causes speed loss not gain)

Car to truck = not ok (currently)

Edit: @Forerunner569 I keep saying sp to try it out... This is because I have the car available to me for sp. If it's against the rules I won't do it in mp...

SUS0M9O.gif

So when I said we were reviewing this case, we were only made aware that this mod was available as you posted this thread. We were not previously aware of the issue and find it hard to predict certain situations that may arise as a result of the cars.

As a result of this review, we have decided to remove that website from the officially supported mods at this time until we can verify that their mods do not cause further issues such as this.

24 minutes ago, Zomb Lee said:

@SingingTurnip I'd assume it's not okay to use them until there is concrete evidence stating otherwise. I feel that's better than assuming its ok and then finding out its not when you get banned. Let the rules establish themselves first is my suggestion. Good luck with this, Truckers' MP administration, this doesn't look easy to solve. 

I was led to believe in another thread it was fine, hence my confusion :)

21 minutes ago, Darth Wazawai said:

Truck engine swaps are ok, you can even put a truck engine I a car or a truck transmission in a car as it reduces the speed of the car to about 120 km/h ;)

What we are talking about is car engines in trucks :P you can take the w900 engine and put it in another truck if you wanted too ;) that's perfectly allowed

So basically for engines:

Truck to truck = ok

Truck to car = ok (Idk why you'd do it tho, it causes speed loss not gain)

Car to truck = not ok (currently)

Edit: @Forerunner569 I keep saying sp to try it out... This is because I have the car available to me for sp. If it's against the rules I won't do it in mp...

1 minute ago, Clarkinator said:

So when I said we were reviewing this case, we were only made aware that this mod was available as you posted this thread. We were not previously aware of the issue and find it hard to predict certain situations that may arise as a result of the cars.

As a result of this review, we have decided to remove that website from the officially supported mods at this time until we can verify that their mods do not cause further issues such as this.

Ok so is the engine mod actually from a car then and not from another truck?

I should also mention that another website has a truck engine mod - can you tell me if that is allowed or not as it is also 625hp. The same as the one on the website you have now removed.

http://atsmpmods.ru/portfolio/peterbilt-579-and-kenworth-t680-with-625hp-c15-engines-and-custom-sounds/

signature.png

I hate it when I don't manage to get all the facts. The 625 might be the largest engine you can get in a truck on ATS. The car engine sounds rather different to any truck engine and is very obvious to us when that happens. We don't mind you using the truck engine in everything, but the car engine should only be in the cars at this time.

Archived