More Serious Server

Kielly

Suggestion Name: Option to join a more serious server.
Suggestion Description: This server will allow people to actually place right and not be trolled by people running red lights and ramming you.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to "role play" without the people who think it's fun to disregard the rules of the road and create road blocks while ramming you. I would in fact spend all my time on this.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition

Memory: 16GB DDR3 G SKILL 1600mhz

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (2GB)

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33

Case: Antec VSK3000E

Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+

HDD: (3x) 1TB Western Digital

Well then we need more Admins obviously who are constantly spectating drivers. If that's even a thing. If not you should add spectating. 

PC Specs:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, [UNTD]Kielly said:

Well then we need more Admins obviously who are constantly spectating drivers. If that's even a thing. If not you should add spectating. 

Admins are already watching to the best of their abilities. They can't just have a bunch of admins just like that. Requirements needs to be met, etc. Just make sure you are recording at all times and if you need to report, report! :) 

cnuk.jpgUP VOTE PLEASE :) 

3 minutes ago, Canucks said:

Admins are already watching to the best of their abilities. They can't just have a bunch of admins just like that. Requirements needs to be met, etc. Just make sure you are recording at all times and if you need to report, report! :) 

True I guess. Although I never bother to report unless someone really pisses me off. It's just too much trouble to edit and upload and then go messing around trying to find their profile URL. No thanks, not on my upload speeds lol

PC Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, [UNTD]Kielly said:

True I guess. Although I never bother to report unless someone really pisses me off. It's just too much trouble to edit and upload and then go messing around trying to find their profile URL. No thanks, not on my upload speeds lol

Same with me. I tend to hate reporting because of my upload speeds. If i get rammed in areas where I usually expect it {Rotterdam}, I just go with it depending on the mood. I don't report often and I guess i understand your frustration if you are driving all peacefully and someone decides to troll, which is why you probably made this suggestion :P 

cnuk.jpgUP VOTE PLEASE :) 

2 minutes ago, Canucks said:

Same with me. I tend to hate reporting because of my upload speeds. If i get rammed in areas where I usually expect it {Rotterdam}, I just go with it depending on the mood. I don't report often and I guess i understand your frustration if you are driving all peacefully and someone decides to troll, which is why you probably made this suggestion :P 

Yes lol. It don't take much to tick me off but I usually only report when I start to scream at the screen while staling out and messing up the gears in frustration trying to move off the road to PM the player :lol:

And I wonder why I smoke. :P

PC Specs:

Spoiler

mmmk...I'm rather pessimistic about it:

How are we going to filter out all the trolls from all the ~ 931 000 registered players?

How will we monitor that all the players behave seriously - Get an admin to constantly watch over a player if he stays between the road lines all the time?

How strict will we have to keep such server - some of the vital (at least in my opinion) elements of role-playing are practically impossible in MP:

Spoiler

• resting&sleeping - you'll have to wait for hours while your rest ends, also there's no tachograph in the game
  • AI traffic - The servers will melt down while struggling to syncronize the AIs with all the online players
  • We can't remove the non-collision zones, because starting a job and attaching the trailer will become impossible w/o the zones
  • The "Simulator's " engine can't simulate dirt, flat tyres, any kind of visible damage or deformations, traffic police's checks and so on
  • There's only one type of trucks with maybe more coming(....they'll probably arrive by the end of the century :P xDD )

In other words, making more servers will only  end up in separating and spreading out The Community. One of the best things in MP(and that would be never possible in single player) is that it combines people from all over the world, each having his own and unique truck, behaviour, play style and stuff and it puts them in even more various situations (including fails and even trolls and good players).  Why force everyone to follow a single pattern and making everything dull and grey, when everyone can be unique and free as long as he/she doesn't mess other players?

• Upvote 2

"Why force everyone to follow a single pattern and making everything dull and grey, when everyone can be unique and free as long as he/she doesn't mess other players?" Cause that's just the problem. People like me would like it "dull and grey" I love driving with players that actually follow the rules. I truly can't stand being around the ones that cause accidents because they just simply don't care or tailgating me, high beaming me, etc. It's a simulator not GTA, which is why I wish players would treat it more seriously online.

Edited by FirestarteR93
Removed quote from the post above

PC Specs:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, MrCreeper said:

servers are like really expensive

and they'll only do it if loads of people want it

and you and like 5 people seem to want it so it probably won't get added

Haha yeah I don't expect it, just figured it would be a cool concept. But I mean with the amount of players on ATS:MP I feel as if it would be close to empty most of the time anywho.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

Even when I'd love to see (and use) that server, I'm with @FirestarteR93 on this. Setting a new server for "serious" players would spread even more the playerbase, there's no way to filter who connects to each server and if trolls find out that such server exists, it will be their main target, trolls don't like messing with other trolls, they like messing with the serious players that get annoyed by their actions. And most of the fun in the MP game is exactly that: the chance to find all kinds of players, those who stick to the rules and those who don't and deal with them the best you can. I also find myself shouting at the screen and swearing at other players frequently, but I find that to be a good way of blowing out some steam. Then I keep driving and in a couple of minutes I'm all relaxed again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.